Mephesto: Consume Souls: OP? WTF

General Discussion
unlimited range, fair enough to reveal everyone but with no skill to use it? Just press R and it just damages everyone on the map?

Seriously needs a nerf.

A mage is on quarter health..... oh just press R and theyre dead with no skill. At least Nova has to aim
The ult should not be globa, just give it the same range as Nova's Triple Tap as area.
That would solve all the quarrels I have with the ult, personally.
I said earlier his ability set is !@#$.
i just shOt my pants deargod
Find a hero that can protect from it. Here is a list of heroes that can completely avoid it.

Yrel
Maiev
Blaze
Alexstrasza
Junkrat
Genji
Ragnaros
Varian
Alarak
Auriel
Gul'dan
Medivh
Chromie
Tracer
Dehaka
Cho'gall
Lt. Morales
Rexxar
Kharazim
TLV
Jaina
Chen
Zagara
Murky
Illidan
Uther
Nazeebo
Tyrael
Abathur
Arthas
Tassadar
ETC

That's 32 heroes. And I may have missed some. And bear in mind that there are many heroes that can simply heal through it or otherwise completely mitigate it.

It's overrated is what it is.
It's not OP, it just feels oppressive because you are at low hp, you feel vulnerable and when the soulfire surrounds you and finally kills you, you feel violated. It's just human psychology, and it was made this way...

BY DESIGN.
09/05/2018 05:18 AMPosted by KelThuzad
It's not OP, it just feels oppressive because you are at low hp, you feel vulnerable and when the soulfire surrounds you and finally kills you, you feel violated. It's just human psychology, and it was made this way...

BY DESIGN.

I don't think I could have said it better myself.
ult is perfect. punishes fools tho think 0 support is viable.
09/05/2018 05:25 AMPosted by haters
ult is perfect. punishes fools tho think 0 support is viable.

In this case, love the name.

Also even if it is 0 support, a bunch of heroes have abilities to either lessen the blow or mitigate it entirely.

Examples are Ragnaros's Stasis, Jaina's Dmg to Shields, and TLV Jump.
There's a decent channel time on the ability where he can be interrupted and he's vulnerable. Considering that he's not exactly a long range fighter (more short to mid range) the ability can be stopped.

As was already said it was meant to finish off fleeing opponents which does make it feel oppressive because it means you can't escape with very little health against him.
09/05/2018 03:01 AMPosted by hasher22
unlimited range, fair enough to reveal everyone but with no skill to use it? Just press R and it just damages everyone on the map?

Seriously needs a nerf.

A mage is on quarter health..... oh just press R and theyre dead with no skill. At least Nova has to aim

you need to stop. Honestly its posts like this that ruin the game.

Have you ever thought...hmm maybe I should "git gud".

Lets run through your scenario again, but with some thought provoking insight.

"A mage is on quarter health......oh just press R and they're dead with no skill"

Let's break this down a bit:

- Kael'thas: did you pick mana addict? because if you didn't then it's your fault. activate the shield and you don't die.
- Chromie: did you pick time out? because if you didn't then it's your fault. Activate time and you don't die.
- Jaina: did you do enough damage as a burst mage? because if you didn't then it's your fault. Activate ice block and you don't die.

See the trend I'm laying out here?

Put more thought into your complaints before posting here, because I'm sick of seeing people whine about how everything is always so unfair. It's because of people like you that cause Blizzard to continually nerf well made heroes into the ground.
09/05/2018 05:12 AMPosted by ShadowDuck
Find a hero that can protect from it. Here is a list of heroes that can completely avoid it.

Yrel
Maiev
Blaze
Alexstrasza
Junkrat
Genji
Ragnaros
Varian
Alarak
Auriel
Gul'dan
Medivh
Chromie
Tracer
Dehaka
Cho'gall
Lt. Morales
Rexxar
Kharazim
TLV
Jaina
Chen
Zagara
Murky
Illidan
Uther
Nazeebo
Tyrael
Abathur
Arthas
Tassadar
ETC

That's 32 heroes. And I may have missed some. And bear in mind that there are many heroes that can simply heal through it or otherwise completely mitigate it.

It's overrated is what it is.

it punishes the inferiors who will never be good at any video game.

>obvious animation
>cast time

they have no one to blame but themselves for being 4ever trash tier scum.
09/05/2018 03:01 AMPosted by hasher22

Seriously needs a nerf.

what easy mode isn't good enough for you.... go play some dota 2 zues will destroy you all day when u cry like that, give me an break kids these days can't handle anything easy when they don't even know what hard is.
09/05/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Catalyst
Put more thought into your complaints before posting here, because I'm sick of seeing people whine about how everything is always so unfair.

Cause it is. I don't care what ya all think. He's gonna get a nerf either way, whether its the ult or his kit.

Then look who's eating their words.
09/05/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Avrand
what easy mode isn't good enough for you....

Yeah cause 'consumer souls' isn't 'easy mode' already

Give an example for Li Ming then
09/05/2018 05:18 AMPosted by KelThuzad

BY DESIGN.

And that's why it's hated. Game is full of little babies that get distressed over absolutely everything.
09/05/2018 06:49 AMPosted by hasher22
09/05/2018 06:44 AMPosted by Avrand
what easy mode isn't good enough for you....

Yeah cause 'consumer souls' isn't 'easy mode' already

Give an example for Li Ming then

Diamond skin. Boom.

Even with one of the squishiest heroes in the game there is some sort of defensive measure.

Also, if you're going to respond with "but what if her health is already incredibly low". then you shouldn't have been out of position in the first place.

Additionally, all this talk about eating our own words....I have no idea what you are talking about. Of course mephisto is going to get nerfed. It's the blizzard model, release an overtuned assassin hero, get everyone to buy it for 15k gold, then nerf it after two weeks to normal levels. This is pretty much the status quo.
Master Leauge main tank/ bruise player here:

In my opinion the ultimate is particularely strong in QM where there is no support. In draft games especially at higher leagues its underwhelming so exactly the opposite of what ppl claim it is.

-

Regards, Sorcerer King Ainz
Start building around what heroes the other team has. Don't go on icy-veins and go for the same builds every game. Adapt or die.