Remove stealth

General Discussion
There is no reason to choose a stealth hero expect maybe Samuro. But that is only because his clones create mass chaos.

Nova and Valeera were already easy pickings after stealth change but there are ever increasing de-stealth mechanics coming into game. Its not just Mephisto in the latest grouping of stomp the stealth. The objectives on Hanamura make you visible.

For Valeera in particular, she is being locked out of half her skills.

It would be better if stealth were simply removed and these characters redone from scratch.
As someone who plays Zeratul and Nova regularly, I have to disagree. I wouldn't mind if the stealth was a little more faint visually. But overall I'm okay.
The stealth rework should be called stand still and hope team mate can bait enemy towards you.
I don't like this stealth system too, but don't want to remove it either.
as stealth player I know there are so few beautiful moments when you can ambush and feel good about it so I'm okay with this current stealth.
If they remove stealth I won't play this game ever again , stealth is my only joy
I wish they make true stealth when stand like 0.2 second, 1.5 (current) is lot time, most of the time due to my bad luck I get spotted and need to reposition
09/07/2018 11:45 AMPosted by Wolf
As someone who plays Zeratul and Nova regularly, I have to disagree. I wouldn't mind if the stealth was a little more faint visually. But overall I'm okay.

rework zera, nova and what's her name back to old stealth...

keep "new" stealth for samuro...

i haven't played a stealth hero in god knows how long but the new "stealth" is just a slap in the face xD

before you actualy needed to pay attention... now you just wait for them to come out of stealth of trow any kind of skill at them because it's not stealth...

my "invisible" horse is more stealthy then them hahaha
Zeratul and Samuro hardly even need stealth anyway. Zeratul can blink 3+ times in a row, and all Wind Walk is really good for is it's movement speed bonus.

Valeera and Nova, however, need old stealth back. Nova can engage relatively easily, but stealth is literally her only escape. Valeera can hardly engage in teamfights at all if the opposing team doesn't consist almost entirely of mages or low-AoE ADCs. They both need to be sneaky, and neither of them are anymore.
Good points of view in tis post. My opinion is a little more aggressive on general game mechanics. Why does it seem that a stealth character can be clearly seen? Why is there a counter ability to every ability you have? There is no reason to call anyone character you can see clearly a stealth character. This makes no sense to me at all.. none.
Well, the whole thing is compounded by the fact that in the case of Valeera, she is always revealed in a fight. You can engage, go D, see the message that says you cannot be revealed, only to find that when you want to garrote or ambush, etc., you cant...BECAUSE YOU ARE REVEALED.

The whole stealth system is just screwed up. You would be surprised how many attacks continue to kill Nova AFTER she hits ghost protocol. The game lies, she is not "unrevealabe", she remains engaged and is killed.

ALL of the stealth heroes sit on the bottom. So I don't understand why people would not be screaming for changes.
Funny enough Valera is one of the better stealths my dude, do some more research
MORE STEALTH - Vote: Gabriel Tosh (Starcraft 2 Specter Leader - elite ghost assassins)
09/07/2018 03:10 PMPosted by VampireDovah
Funny enough Valera is one of the better stealths my dude, do some more research

And you base this on what? All comments agree that she is the weakest and have you seen any tier list lately? See is bottom tier in pretty much every list there is. I wonder why.. Maybe YOU should do some research, dude.
09/07/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Firefly63
ALL of the stealth heroes sit on the bottom. So I don't understand why people would not be screaming for changes.

I have posted so many times in both UE, US forums and created some topic for this matter but didn't get enough support
so I guess some people don't care about this at all
I couldn't figure out why I couldn't see stealth for the longest time, then I got a new monitor, The new monitor old stealth stuck out even more clearly then the new version does.

Old stealth wasn't stealth it was an eye check, equipment check and video display settings check.
09/07/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Firefly63
There is no reason to choose a stealth hero expect maybe Samuro. But that is only because his clones create mass chaos.

Nova and Valeera were already easy pickings after stealth change but there are ever increasing de-stealth mechanics coming into game. Its not just Mephisto in the latest grouping of stomp the stealth. The objectives on Hanamura make you visible.

For Valeera in particular, she is being locked out of half her skills.

It would be better if stealth were simply removed and these characters redone from scratch.

Your're totally right thats why zeratul gets regular play in the HGC, and valeera and samuro both made appearances yesterday...
Admittedly the new system is a total wash for the mechanic. The major mental shift that has to occur is that the cloak-hero now needs to stick with their team where as before they roamed to punish solo laners.

I would be very happy if they reverted back to the old system.
09/07/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Firefly63
Well, the whole thing is compounded by the fact that in the case of Valeera, she is always revealed in a fight. You can engage, go D, see the message that says you cannot be revealed, only to find that when you want to garrote or ambush, etc., you cant...BECAUSE YOU ARE REVEALED.

The whole stealth system is just screwed up. You would be surprised how many attacks continue to kill Nova AFTER she hits ghost protocol. The game lies, she is not "unrevealabe", she remains engaged and is killed.

Valeera is not a common HGC pick, but several pro teams use her.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/307251725

Link to an amazing HGC game yesterday where team octalysis upset Tempo Storm with a comp that included Valeera, Samuro, and solo support Abathur yesterday.

The first game in that series was also a team octalysis win with their main tank Uther comp.

This team is a lot of fun to watch.

Other teams also have Valeera comps that they run. Nova now, I haven't seen her played in HGC since Faye dropped from the pros. But Valeera is very viable *situationally*.
I got 14-2 KDA in game with Valeera few days ago...
09/07/2018 03:10 PMPosted by VampireDovah

I agree my dude. Valera is pretty strong. Ignore the people who answer u with "but she has low winrate" or "but she is low on the list"......if there were no lists out ther, these people would not know how to breath.....
New stealth isn't stealth but AA immunity and point & click immunity. Old stealth was an eye/equipment check, AA immunity, and point & click immunity.

I like the suggestion about true invisibility when outside a certain range, and current version of stealth inside that radius.

Old stealth was not better in fact it was just a new player stomping mechanic.