Aba vs. mephisto

General Discussion
09/09/2018 04:54 AMPosted by Cenerae
At least with Consume Soul you can play around it. It's a 2 minute cooldown. You can be aggressively positioned on the map when it's on cooldown, and you can hide in the fountain when it's not.

It isn't a perfect situation for the Abathur, but it's better than dying constantly.
Aba (the Hero with the highest KDA eva) got his first true counter and ppl losing their mind.
Dont ask for the game to be changed around you to make your life easier just change yourself to play the game as it is.
09/09/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Karabars
09/09/2018 04:54 AMPosted by Cenerae
At least with Consume Soul you can play around it. It's a 2 minute cooldown. You can be aggressively positioned on the map when it's on cooldown, and you can hide in the fountain when it's not.

It isn't a perfect situation for the Abathur, but it's better than dying constantly.
Aba (the Hero with the highest KDA eva) got his first true counter and ppl losing their mind.

Even then the counter isn't too big and can be played around.
CS deals 783 DMG at 20, which is factually not enough to kill Aba.

09/08/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Genoism
Can aba please not die to mephistos ult when he's at full hp?

If the thing repeats twice in a row and you aren't fast enough to burrow back to base (or can't from the CD) you are dead ....

Aba has more HP than CS deals damage, check your facts.
dont worry, his heroic is going to get nerfed hard anyway. Just wait for it!
at 20 u can expect to get hit twice by meph ult which would be enough to die as aba
i think some ppl for get about hero and talent synergy i mean meph can buff him self by 20% sp just be casting e before r and there r enough other mechanics to increase his dmg (ana, probius, auriel, varian f.e.)

best would be to stay in base until ult is on cd before doing some map action

btw planetcrakcer is rly not suitable comparison because u have to rely on someones else vision usually (zul jin, tyrande owls and/ or other stuff)
09/08/2018 10:29 PMPosted by Mace
Yup, so don't pick Abby into Mephisto.

If QM, past 20, watch those teamfights closely and get back to base if your teammates are low.

Quite simple really, or save evo for it.
]

Why even leave spawn area if above lvl 20. At that point dont risk it. You got your hivemind so use the darn thing. And if you want to place mine well look at your team and do it while they aint engaged.

If they got mephisto and global then dont leave after 20 period.

If you are behind dont risk it.Rez time is too long so just let the team get exp and help em vs ganks with move speed on 16.
You can avoid Mephisto's Consume Souls ultimate damage by sitting in the nexus.
Something tells me if they put a hard counter bleed for high mobility, like that instantly killed these champs you guys would be !@#$%ing nonstop till it was removed.
And how many times can that actually happen per match? If Abathur dies once in a match due to this then its fine, no need to nerf it just for abathur
Global unavoidable damage is stupid.
has a 120 second cooldown, kills aba, they come back in 60 seconds, Z back to where they need to be, on a 30 second cooldown, that means after 30 seconds of soaking/pushing/farting around, abathur should be able to escape it a second time by burrowing, if Mephisto activates it RIGHT as it comes off cooldown; more likely, he'll wait until 1 or 2 enemies are fleeing with low health to activate it to assure the kill, so it may be even longer, however, you should make sure to SAVE your burrow for this activation.

I see too many people on the forums complaining about things by saying something along the lines of "If hero A is in this match, why should I as hero B have to change my entire strategy around, better to nerf Hero A, or buff hero B.", which is literally the point, if an enemy hero is strong/weak to something, you build your hero around it. Talents aren't meant to be one size fits all, you need to adjust based on what your enemies are doing and what map your on, and even what your teammates are capable of.
You could stay in the main base to be immune to the global damage or if Mephisto chooses that ability stay in the base until he uses it and then burrow somewhere to soak exp / get into mine range. Burrow or hearth back before the next 2 minutes.
09/09/2018 01:56 PMPosted by DeMasked
if Mephisto chooses that ability

If? So far I've only played with and against one Mephisto in both HL and QM who took Durance of Hate. I'd be interested to know what the pick and win rates are for both ults.
I played aba in the beta and the ult didn't do too much dmg to bother me.
If u pick ABA, u are a troll anyway and deserve a troll death. lol.
09/09/2018 10:35 AMPosted by Yawgmoth
at 20 u can expect to get hit twice by meph ult which would be enough to die as aba
i think some ppl for get about hero and talent synergy i mean meph can buff him self by 20% sp just be casting e before r and there r enough other mechanics to increase his dmg (ana, probius, auriel, varian f.e.)
Just posting fancy numbers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQbAYqcqJQ4eOpQRbuW8PsE7uXBDMA_l-uza1oSqChzxXFdN9axOQ0Mun52YztvLnmFQuFq7jKzf9FO/pubhtml#
I love threads where the character with a global presence is being destroyed (sometimes), but a character with a global ult (sometimes).

The irony is delicious!
i feel like aba should at least have 1 charge of 75-100% spell damage reduction shield (talent or baseline) to give him a fair chance

edit: with a cooldown like any other spell shield of course
If the enemy have a mephisto, dont use Z unless his ulti is on cooldown.

Because, if you do, you become a free kill
CS has no chance of being an instant kill until level 20, at which point the game is nearly over anyway. It can only do so then if one of aba's teammates dies, which is not certain. And aba innately has two ways to protect itself. This is not a serious problem.

While I agree that R2 is underrated, the fact is that UE is both a good choice and an effective counter pick against Mephisto. If you're failing to pick it with Mephisto on the other team you do so knowing it's giving up an effective escape. That choice is then your responsibility if it gets you killed when you might have otherwise survived.