Virtual Ticket $50 USD This Year

General Discussion
$40 was a lot for a stream last year.... Sooooo... what did Blizzard add to this event that makes a virtual ticket worth $10 more than an already expensive ticket? I see nothing mentioned anywhere.

Not only is it expensive, but the in-game goodies will be available in-game to everyone in 2019 anyway.

Can anyone tell me why anyone would pay for this?

Yes yes... we are all thinking they just added $10 because they're greedy or it's the Activision tax, but I actually want to know why this one is worth more.

They want me to pay, then they will have to sell me on the benefit this time.
09/12/2018 11:05 PMPosted by MrE
Can anyone tell me why anyone would pay for this?

if you're a sheep who likes to support a multi billion dollar company with your hard earned money.

09/12/2018 11:05 PMPosted by MrE
Yes yes... we are all thinking they just added $10 because they're greedy or it's the Activision tax,

Charging anything more than $10 is being greedy for the virtual ticket.

EDIT: and if you look on the Overwatch forums you will see a lot of people go on a crusade to defend the over priced trash.

Overwatch has the most weak minded fan base on the forums sometimes.
I've been supporting these informercials for the in-game loot, but since the game feels like it's dying, the loot has to be purtydamgud for me to get it with a price hike.
Dey aint even gon talk bout muh classic i bet.
More into their Pocket and lesser in Yours, that s the main goal of all time.

Money is kind of energy, they are stealing your energy by tempting you to buy their stuff.
Additional $10 might be for availability of Blizzcon 2017 videos. Not worth it. Maybe there will be really good in game items... The latest gem-only skins were pretty good for example. I didn't pay much attention to Whitemane, but recently I gave her skins a closer look - the Empress ones have some unique effects on clothing and hair - those are beautiful. So they could make a beautiful mount for HotS with the latest tech available and similar quality items for other games, which might make the ticket worth it.

I really liked the Blizzcon 2016 tiger mounts, so I gave in and bought the ticket. It's nothing special by today's standards, but now they could make something as unique as whimsyshire cloud mounts. Those really stood out at the time of their introduction. If the HotS item is a fancy cat mount though, I'd buy a ticket in no time. Not enough cats in HotS.

Not all items will be available separately in 2019 according to news post. Only for Overwatch and Starcraft.
This year, unfortunately, Blizzard neither deserves my 50$, nor is getting it as a representation of my "Leap of Faith".

Last year it hadn't deserved it either, yet I've bought the ticket in order to support the company efforts.

This year "Computer says no" (c).

It was never worth 40 bucks either. Earlier I got it in no way for its value, but rather to support the bright representation of imaginary Blizzard I had in my mind.
Wha? People actually pay to watch streams...

$40 for access to a stream is already stupid if you ask me, many sites change much less for monthly memberships/subscriptions. You will be able to see whatever was shown shortly later for free anyway because its the internet after all..
We should stop to call them Blizzard ... they are Activision Now
09/13/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Matos

ACTIcon!
I bet the extra 10 bucks is for the CoD and Destiny 2 sections that are ever-so-slightly bigger than the Blizzard ones.
You can buy a day at Disney World on flash sales sometimes for $50 and take your kid, friend, spouse etc. there for a trip they will remember forever.

Or.. You could watch a virtual stream all day on your PC.
09/13/2018 01:45 AMPosted by MetalDtector
You can buy a day at Disney World on flash sales sometimes for $50 and take your kid, friend, spouse etc. there for a trip they will remember forever.

Or.. You could watch a virtual stream all day on your PC.

All so true, well unless you are richer than god, you could make a wall of text listing services that offer more value than this virtual Con.
There a Diablo reveal which is why they charging 50$?

I honestly don’t know why but it’s too much for a stream.
This is my first time not buying blizz ticket.

No point. They just bann my account and I'll lose it all.
09/13/2018 04:26 AMPosted by Sunken436
There a Diablo reveal which is why they charging 50$?

I honestly don’t know why but it’s too much for a stream.

You mean like Diablo 4? Or new D3 expansion? What were the rumors?
I'm sure Blizz has already set up a contingency for this:-

https://www.pcgamer.com/inventive-streamer-livestreams-pay-per-view-fight-by-pretending-to-play-ufc-game/

UFC 218 took place on Saturday, with featherweight fighters Max Holloway and Jose Aldo headlining the event's main card. By pretending live footage of the fight was in-game footage of the latest EA Sports UFC videogame (UFC 3), streamer AJ Lester broadcast the otherwise pay-per-view event to the world. 

He sat in the bottom of the screen with a PS2 controller, pretending to "play." Anyone want to play "The Sims - Blizzcon?"
They will ask for as much as their consultants think you will pay.
If only 1/5th of the ppl that payed 10$ watch but they pay 50$ its the same money for blizz.
But imagine at 50$ 50 from 1000 ppl refuse to buy it and 950 buy it for 50$

That would be 47,500 while when all 1000 pay for 40$ it would be 40,000.
09/13/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Matos

No. We should call them snow flakes entertainment.
Giving money to blizzard for the disrespect they give us in return? No :)