Virtual Ticket $50 USD This Year

General Discussion
more money for dont fix nothing xD
09/13/2018 05:07 AMPosted by Ainz
They will ask for as much as their consultants think you will pay.
If only 1/5th of the ppl that payed 10$ watch but they pay 50$ its the same money for blizz.
But imagine at 50$ 50 from 1000 ppl refuse to buy it and 950 buy it for 50$

That would be 47,500 while when all 1000 pay for 40$ it would be 40,000.

This. Their financial department does the math and estimates what the market will bear and yield. Their assumption and risk is that only a small enough percentage will be put off that the overall increase of $10 will be profitable. This is just what corporations do when the crusade for profit overshadows the willingness/desire to benefit the customer base. Even if a policy is bad for long-term growth / product health many corporations will take the profits upfront and deal with the fall out later.
I only got Blizzcon once online last year because of my current job being quite lucrative, and I'm thinking i'll get it again this year too since I'd get to see all sorts of interesting stuff.

Eh, I don't know about you guys. It's a pricy buy, yes, but it's all a matter of what you value and what you/parents can afford. I'm not particularly rich but after taxes and all that, a ticket doesn't cost me a whole day of work. A No big deal.

What does that mean for everyone else? Well just live within your means. There's no reason to complain about something that costs a fair market cost. Complain about that. Complain that a thing of Listerine costs over 7 bucks or whatever. It's not an unfair price. If they could have made it cheaper, they would.
09/13/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Matos
We should stop to call them Blizzard ... they are Activision Now

I would love to know why every time Blizzard does something people don't like, they blame it on Activision. That merger happened years and years ago. While it might have something to do with the recent changes, it's definitely not the single factor.

A lot of the original founders of Blizzard have left over the years. And, as tends to happen to game companies, the moment corporate suits are in charge, everything goes downhill and it goes downhill fast. The company loses sight of its original policies, the things their players used to love them for. That's what happened to Blizzard.

The Blizzard of today is not the same company that made the original SC and WC games. It's a different beast altogether.
09/13/2018 11:31 AMPosted by Lykos
I only got Blizzcon once online last year because of my current job being quite lucrative, and I'm thinking i'll get it again this year too since I'd get to see all sorts of interesting stuff.

Eh, I don't know about you guys. It's a pricy buy, yes, but it's all a matter of what you value and what you/parents can afford. I'm not particularly rich but after taxes and all that, a ticket doesn't cost me a whole day of work. A No big deal.

What does that mean for everyone else? Well just live within your means. There's no reason to complain about something that costs a fair market cost. Complain about that. Complain that a thing of Listerine costs over 7 bucks or whatever. It's not an unfair price. If they could have made it cheaper, they would.

50 bucks to watch a stream doesn't look like a "fair market cost" to me at all. That's enough money to buy a whole AAA game title.
09/13/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Void
Wha? People actually pay to watch streams...

$40 for access to a stream is already stupid if you ask me, many sites change much less for monthly memberships/subscriptions. You will be able to see whatever was shown shortly later for free anyway because its the internet after all..
People are that desperate to watch other people play the same game they themselves are playing while commentators fein excitement. To each their own though
Why even buy the ticket? I personally have never bought it and don't see why I should start... literally the important stuff is plastered all over Social media probably like a few minutes after it happens at the con so what's the point???
so it went from 30 to 40 to 50? WHAT?! only part i watch is the cosplays 50$ isn't worth that.
*keeps fingers crossed for an alleria cosplay this year*
09/13/2018 10:46 AMPosted by Digitality
09/13/2018 05:07 AMPosted by Ainz
They will ask for as much as their consultants think you will pay.
If only 1/5th of the ppl that payed 10$ watch but they pay 50$ its the same money for blizz.
But imagine at 50$ 50 from 1000 ppl refuse to buy it and 950 buy it for 50$

That would be 47,500 while when all 1000 pay for 40$ it would be 40,000.

This. Their financial department does the math and estimates what the market will bear and yield. Their assumption and risk is that only a small enough percentage will be put off that the overall increase of $10 will be profitable. This is just what corporations do when the crusade for profit overshadows the willingness/desire to benefit the customer base. Even if a policy is bad for long-term growth / product health many corporations will take the profits upfront and deal with the fall out later.

Then why support a company who gives two craps about any artistic integrity or more concerned with their share holders than their own customers?

Is this the type of company you like giving more power and influence to in your hobby?
Fact is that they have to rent out the convention center, fly in and provide rooms for all those employees and set up the place then tear it down. All that costs millions. It's not like this is a stream from someone 's basement.
The audacity.
09/13/2018 09:25 PMPosted by azxcvbnm321
Fact is that they have to rent out the convention center, fly in and provide rooms for all those employees and set up the place then tear it down. All that costs millions. It's not like this is a stream from someone 's basement.

Don't forget how many people are paying to show up in person and that this conference is one big advertisement for Blizzard. It's not just the streamers that need to pay for the whole conference. You need to look at the big picture.
09/13/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Geoxyx
The audacity.

50$ is a lot of money for a lot of people.

Or Activlizzard
I prefer Blizneyvision

look another colorful carebear family friendly art style in a game that is supposed to be dark themed/horror/fighting to the death/shooting/etc.

need to make sure that ESRB rating is g-rated enough so that 12 yr olds can use their daddy's credit cards on gambling/loot boxes
09/13/2018 06:45 PMPosted by Darmonic
Why even buy the ticket? I personally have never bought it and don't see why I should start... literally the important stuff is plastered all over Social media probably like a few minutes after it happens at the con so what's the point???

Well, I bought the one for Blizzcon 2014 because I wanted the murloc Battle Pet based on Grommash, and was curious what all they'd show. I can't say I'd ever do this again - certainly not for $50.
09/14/2018 02:01 AMPosted by GroovyGhoul

Or Activlizzard

active lizard. lmao
09/13/2018 10:36 PMPosted by breadisfunny
09/13/2018 09:33 PMPosted by Geoxyx
The audacity.

50$ is a lot of money for a lot of people.

I don't mean to sound rude or condescending or anything like that, just making an observation.

chances are if $50 is too much to spend on a virtual pass for full access then $40 was also too much money for it as well for those people.

I'm just hyped for the Diablo section of blizzcon..... I hope the hots team has some cool stuff in store but my main focus will be on the Diablo side! D4 hype!!!!!
09/14/2018 06:23 AMPosted by PHOENIXFIRE
chances are if $50 is too much to spend on a virtual pass for full access then $40 was also too much money for it as well for those people.

It doesn't work like that. 99% of people have the $50 for the ticket. Most people won't go around spending $50 on everything they see.

Basic math:
If I have $400, then I can afford eight $50 things. The ones I buy will appeal to me the most. (best value to me)

However, at $50, the Blizzacon ticket is looking less like Blizz and more like "con". You are, in a sense, paying $50 so Blizzard can advertise Diablo to you.

For me, it's not worth it - and I'm actually feeling 'icky' about this ticket.
it´s an overprice, doesn´t worth paying, at the end, the videos and all the information is going to be on youtube, or any ohter place, just wait five mins, after the show end and you see it. is stupid amount of money for nothing, it should be 10 dollars, I´ll pay that to support, but not 50, I better invite my a girl a nice dinner with that amount of money.