to those that claim they dont force 50/50

General Discussion
09/19/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Rationail
09/19/2018 04:11 AMPosted by Karabars
...Armor and lvl difference is what you're looking for. Not concpiracy.

Why do you assume I'm an idiot? I know the difference when there is a level gap or when there is armor applied or not. I still notice it occasionally. Others have pointed this out as well.

If you look at a replay and use + - × ÷ buttons on a calculator you can keep track of every 1 hp in the game as you can stop the replay at any point.

Just sayin.
09/19/2018 04:24 AMPosted by Vision

Why do you assume I'm an idiot? I know the difference when there is a level gap or when there is armor applied or not. I still notice it occasionally. Others have pointed this out as well.

If you look at a replay and use + - × ÷ buttons on a calculator you can keep track of every 1 hp in the game as you can stop the replay at any point.

Just sayin.

I have enough issues with the game to justify quitting for now. Maybe if I get sucked back in, I'll give that a whirl. I only just noticed the change; they added the top left HP bar for selected things.
09/19/2018 04:42 AMPosted by Rationail
09/19/2018 04:24 AMPosted by Vision

Just sayin.

I have enough issues with the game to justify quitting for now. Maybe if I get sucked back in, I'll give that a whirl. I only just noticed the change; they added the top left HP bar for selected things.

Maybe the unexplained dmg you notice is in the patch notes as well then?
09/19/2018 04:43 AMPosted by Vision
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Maybe the unexplained dmg you notice is in the patch notes as well then?

Nah I've had the suspicion for well over a year now. It's just a suspicion, nothing overly clear. I wouldn't accuse Blizz of doing it. I just wonder greatly about it.
Why do you assume I'm an idiot?
I assume nothing about your intellect. I only assume one thing: you believe in dumb things. But even smart and educated ppl can fall to ludicrous things. So don't take it personally.
09/19/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Karabars
Why do you assume I'm an idiot?
I assume nothing about your intellect. I only assume one thing: you believe in dumb things. But even smart and educated ppl can fall to ludicrous things. So don't take it personally.

???

Multiple people have tried to explain to you logically and rationally the situation, and you persist in your dismissive tone. And we're the ones that believe in dumb things??????
09/19/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Rationail
09/19/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Karabars
...I assume nothing about your intellect. I only assume one thing: you believe in dumb things. But even smart and educated ppl can fall to ludicrous things. So don't take it personally.

???

Multiple people have tried to explain to you logically and rationally the situation, and you persist in your dismissive tone. And we're the ones that believe in dumb things??????

Shadowbuffs and forced 50 with no evidence but feelings are kinda dumb tbh.
Logically? Maybe. Rationally? Obviously not.
And on the other hand, multiple ppl tried to explain to you and others multiple times logically and rationally why the forced 50% wr is just a myth and nothing more (and that abilities aren't changed between games to make that "force" stronger) yet here we are.
No matter what ppl say you just keep up with your spammy rant, bumping these type of threads.
09/18/2018 01:21 PMPosted by KYX
09/18/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Candy
and that the game doesnt force you to lose if you won too many on HL, there was a match where the score was 1-20 and sometimes not everyone would go to the obj or was laning too for too long.

But sure, keep pretending the game doesnt force loses.

To those that claim that global warming doesn't exist, it was warm today.

shh its climate change now, they got caught out on the global warming bollox years ago when it was shown they were fixing the figures.
09/18/2018 06:43 PMPosted by fierywinds
Go play like a monkey for the next 30 games. I guarantee you will have less than 50% winrate

Want to bet that? You will win 50% of the games no matter what you do.
09/19/2018 04:10 AMPosted by Vision
Source? Also yes, there are alot of these posts and ive seen none to provide any kind of evidence, just feels.
just like the fake abusive chat reports :D

09/19/2018 05:46 AMPosted by matchmaking
09/18/2018 06:43 PMPosted by fierywinds
Go play like a monkey for the next 30 games. I guarantee you will have less than 50% winrate

Want to bet that? You will win 50% of the games no matter what you do.

I wouldn't say that exactly. You will lose (certainly not always) but at some point the balance kicks in and your win rate will go back to ~50% in the next 100 games with literally zero effort.
it does but it's a good thing
09/19/2018 03:56 AMPosted by Rationail
I wish I could do some data experiment to prove whether or not stats actually change causing abilities to do more or less damage based on whether or not the game wants you to win or lose the match. Some games the abilities feel so weak and sometimes so strong.

Before I quit a couple of months ago, I collected a bunch of data on my matches; everything from map/hero picks to number of personal and teammate deaths. I'll give you my data set and let you have some fun with it. I personally discovered some really interesting things about the game such as a ridiculous percentage of my games were either nigh-impossible to win or nigh-impossible to lose. Take a stab at it and see what you can find...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a56s5mqh87wFDZFgLtISvmsS7TDB82TnWryuqhxKgeA/edit?usp=sharing
09/18/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Mousetrap
09/18/2018 11:05 AMPosted by Candy
and that the game doesnt force you to lose if you won too many on HL, there was a match where the score was 1-20 and sometimes not everyone would go to the obj or was laning too for too long.

But sure, keep pretending the game doesnt force loses.

This is why you dont drop out of school kiddos...

09/18/2018 01:39 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
The game does force a 50% win rate because otherwise it would be unfair on the people who end up with less than or more than 50% win rate.

MMR system matches you at higher skill if your win rate exceeds 50% and lower skill if it drops below 50%. Since at higher skill your opponents are harder your win rate will drop. Like wise at lower skill your opponents are easier so win rate will increase.

The problem with HL matches that seem to have huge skill variance is caused by other reasons. On low population servers like Australia it is because the match maker is forced to throw a huge variance of players together to make a match in a reasonable time. Other times it is because a person has incorrect MMR due to past season bugs. It can even be based on time of day since average skill level and hence MMR mappings vary with time of day and day of week.

the problem with hero league is you are forced to allow lobbies to be taken hostage by trolls due to no que dodging as well as getting matches with people who are clearly bad and a problem. several of my friends refuse to play hero league because they constantly get the same trashy players who have already ruined a game 4-8 times practically in a row if not in a row. as for the 50-50 winrate no one complains about a 50-50 that's natural. remember that before you say something about it. people are complaining because its noticeable. that the teammates are getting progressively worse the higher and longer a winrate is. I have a positive winrate atm. I had to take a break because I noticed it and im new. again let that sink in before you start whining about que times you are getting what you wanted.

I think I will play again. for a while. I will make sure to post should I get a ban for afk nonparticipation since I keep the chat muted pings and all we will know soon enough.
09/19/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Lightning
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a56s5mqh87wFDZFgLtISvmsS7TDB82TnWryuqhxKgeA/edit?usp=sharing
(Without teamcomps and rank it's a bit more inaccurate than it could be, but: )
Based on this what I see is that you usually don't have long win/lose streaks and you always have 1-2 (mostly 2) "afk/feeders" which might indicates that you're a bit too harsh with this word but you never exceed the 2 even when (based on just your personal stats because this chart is almost exclusively self-stats (and team averages)) you are the/one of the feeder(s).
And be it the end of a lose or win streak, I didn't see outliers which indicates that you were "forced".
(Sidenote: you play a few off meta Heroes which obviously doesn't help your chances.)
Where`s the forced 50% when i have a 30% winrate. Since new season i`m losing everything.

I can blame the matchmaker but it makes no sense. I think the problem was people comming back for the season start with ranks wildly different than skill level. I might be just unlucky but it seems like i get placed too high each season and have to slowly fall into my place every time.
09/19/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Karabars
Logically? Maybe. Rationally? Obviously not.
And on the other hand, multiple ppl tried to explain to you and others multiple times logically and rationally why the forced 50% wr is just a myth and nothing more (and that abilities aren't changed between games to make that "force" stronger) yet here we are.
No matter what ppl say you just keep up with your spammy rant, bumping these type of threads.

Forced 50/50 win is a myth.
The longer your win streak the lower levels your team exhibits is not a myth.
That is clearly evidenced in stats of teams at the scoreboard as you don't need MMR to explain the 2 people on your team who died 10+ times each and never showed up to objectives.This isn't rocket surgery. It's right there in black and white.

Heck, just last year when they tried introducing pmmr and it was out of whack people where STILL championing it like it was the greatest. I logged 200 games with that system. 185 for a win and 215 for a loss. Even at 50% winrate (I had better) that is 3000 points difference over those 200 matches. How many ranks is that?

The system needs to be hard reset or scrapped. They won't because people that climb to the top usally bail for another game since they have "conquered" the game. It's the reason Blizzard, EA and the like spend money on studies to extend player retention. Blizzard started doing this in 2004 with WoW.

Kind of like when I played pubg. I played and played until I scored "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner". I never logged back in. Fun game...but I won. Next.
09/19/2018 07:56 AMPosted by Sasza
Where`s the forced 50% when i have a 30% winrate. Since new season i`m losing everything.

I can blame the matchmaker but it makes no sense. I think the problem was people comming back for the season start with ranks wildly different than skill level. I might be just unlucky but it seems like i get placed too high each season and have to slowly fall into my place every time.

the only way you can mange a 30% winrate is by being literal cancer. I had a 61% was it and im relatively new. try harded to troll next time.
09/19/2018 08:01 AMPosted by Ganelon
That is clearly evidenced in stats of teams at the scoreboard as you don't need MMR to explain the 2 people on your team who died 10+ times each and never showed up to objectives.This isn't rocket surgery. It's right there in black and white.
But when I check the (not hotslogs) ingame stats of those, they're a lot of times master ranked players while I'm low diamond. So I'll be highly skeptical about that as well without real evidence.

Forced 50/50 win is a myth.

Heck, just last year when they tried introducing pmmr and it was out of whack people where STILL championing it like it was the greatest. I logged 200 games with that system. 185 for a win and 215 for a loss. Even at 50% winrate (I had better) that is 3000 points difference over those 200 matches. How many ranks is that?

The system needs to be hard reset or scrapped. They won't because people that climb to the top usally bail for another game since they have "conquered" the game. It's the reason Blizzard, EA and the like spend money on studies to extend player retention. Blizzard started doing this in 2004 with WoW.

Kind of like when I played pubg. I played and played until I scored "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner". I never logged back in. Fun game...but I won. Next.

you do understand you just contradicted your self right? mm is pushing a 50-50 hints the term forced 50-50 you admitted the teams getting orse and worse isn't a myth

secondly if they wanted to retain players then they would have listened to the people 2 of which I know irl that told them in alpha never to adopt the league of legends style report function. the moment they adopted it they made it as such that you might as well play league of legends if you don't have a character you love not like but love.

sorry I forgot constancy is a toll of the patriarchy let me go sit in the corner now.

actions should = words in hots case there are a lot of words with opposite actions.

they have confirmed people like me are right already they used a popular streamer to test the report function issues it is 100% automated and strictly based on report counts and nothing to do with the reports quality.

50-50 you yourself admited was real people arent complaing about there win rates they are complaing about the match quality. if the match quality wasnt reduced to !@#$ then they wouldnt be complaining and yes they would be at higher mmr levels then they currently are with higher win rates.