Garden of Terror AWFUL changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 7 Next

Strategy is a valid way to use the terror. Thats why its a good mechanic. Its very simple: if they use the terror for defense, they cant use it for offense. And if they are using it againt your terror, your terror can still deal damage to their buildings. Its not like the disabling plant has to be alive for that.

No one said 'strategy' isn't a valid way to use the terror. The issue I have is that neither team has to fight to obtain the objective, both teams can avoid fighting and achieve a terror for themselves - which makes it easier for a losing team to prolong games.

Compare this to Dragon Shire where both teams fight over the objective and the team that wins the objective gets a clear advantage for doing so.
not a fan of the changes blizz. do something else to it
Ruined
This is the first time I've looked at one of the maps and been genuinely unimpressed. The only hope I have is that it gets added to the pro circuit. They complain about having to memorize maps but StarCraft Pros get a whole new set of maps every year. Make eSports hard again! :D
stupid stupid stupid

That sum's it up I think :/
Blizzard putting out yet another change that the majority didn't want or ask for. Don't know why anyone would expect anything different these days.
Cool. Another map rework I don't look forward to playing, let alone waiting 10 mins in Q for.
09/13/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Wraithdagger
09/13/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Ainz
The reason is competetive scene. Garden of Terrors isnt in HGC nor in HL rotation.

I am not 100% sure why but I think the main problem is that 2 objectives at the same time lead to a very unbalanced map for some high end meta reasons. Or at least in pro play. Maybe its the data of the map that suggests sth.

Great. Esports ruins the game for the rest of us again.

What a !@#$ing disaster. Blizzard needs to pull their heads out of their asses and realize that literally dozens of other people play this game.

Considering what an abysmal failure HotS eSports as been, it's pretty damn dumb to keep trying to mold the game to fit it's eSports scene
09/13/2018 05:56 PMPosted by DudeMan
This is the first time I've looked at one of the maps and been genuinely unimpressed. The only hope I have is that it gets added to the pro circuit. They complain about having to memorize maps but StarCraft Pros get a whole new set of maps every year. Make eSports hard again! :D

Well even then, new maps are coming regularly. What's typical of SC2 ladder is that there's 7 maps, about half are holdovers (favorites) from previous season(s) then you get a few new ones. If people like the new ones, they get to stay. If they suck, they get removed.

SC2 pro scene has seen hundreds of maps since its inception.

At its core, SC2 maps share similar features just like they do here:

a) Some maps have split objectives: Warhead, ToD; while others have a single objective: Alterac, Cursed Hollow

b) Some maps have a vehicle objective: GoT, Dragons, Volskaya; while others have a lane-push objective: Spiders, Alterac

c) Some maps are very PvE centric, others are very PvP centric.

You get the idea.

Again, I've never heard anyone say that GoT was so bad (like BHB bad or Hanamura 1.x bad) that it was unplayable and caused people to insta-tilt. A minor rework, sure. Again, though, Blizzard just lifted mechanics from other maps and pasted them into GoT and it just reeks of lazy development and it ruins the uniqueness of the map.

I would have rather that development time went into designing new maps. Test the waters with something or make a new map with "tried and true" mechanics, but ruining a map that was NOT high priority for needing a change is just disappointing.
It feels like a push to keep PvP a focus and reduce team avoidance hit-n-run play. AKA they want twitch streams up.

If dragon shrines gets hit Ill be livid, but hopefully not. I do fear for Dehaka though, his macro potential is off that charts atm, which now reds like a target on his back.
How about rotating objective?

Phase 1: Player controlled Garden
Phase 2: 3 AI controlled Garden
Phase 3: Player controlled Garden
Phase 4: etc...

That way, we get a bit of both.
The ""players"" who weren't happy weren't players.

They were from the ''' QM mozaf pos seeders "" bankster tribe.

aka blizzard kissing the Greed.
Maybe someone can clarify to me all the posts here that shows a clear indication of frustration for the original Garden of Terror. In one of the "most hated maps" thread, it was hardly the most hated.

I'm sometimes really confused of the information pool the HotS developers use to determine when claiming "frustration to players". Really often, I feel like they have their own pool of players with their own personal opinions every time they say "we think this is a good change".

Perhaps... perhaps, it was the amount (Low if you ask me) of frustration of PvE aspect of the game.

Someone enlighten me if I'm wrong please.

I really thought Garden of Terror had it's special original feel. Now it's just a merge of Cursed Hollow and Alterac Pass.
I just find it funny that Garden of Terror is called out by Blizzard as the "frustrating" one and not the dumpster fire that is Blackheart's Bay.
I didn't like GoT and look forward to the changes. If you are willing to leave a game for any map then I hope you get banned for leaving your teamates in a bad situation.
Well, at least we know where all the development time has been going.

Let's "fix" one map out of 15. Especially as it isn't even broken already.

How about we take a good look at the matching algorithm, which will improve ALL 15 maps instead? It's only going to affect 60% of all weekly games.

These devs and their illusions of grandeur...

You are developing a casual game. There is NO shame in that. Forget about the e-sports scene. Make a good game for everyone first, then worry about e-sports later.

Activision might even thank you, for not taking their market share away from their e-sport scene. Especially as they are jumping on the Fortnite bandwagon.
09/13/2018 07:27 PMPosted by FeralChaos
I just find it funny that Garden of Terror is called out by Blizzard as the "frustrating" one and not the dumpster fire that is Blackheart's Bay.

So much this.
09/13/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Wraithdagger
So, instead of having a unique map with cool effects and the strategic element of choosing where and when to fight for seeds AND when and where to attack with a Terror, we get a carbon copy of AP and CH which is decided in 5v5 mosh pits over objectives every couple minutes?

TERRIBLE decision.

This completely guts variety in the map pool. Some maps like Warhead and Cursed Hollow are very macro/PvE-centric spreading players out over a large area. Others are very PvP centric where action tends to occur in 1 specific area at a time - Volskaya, Alterac Pass. Changing Garden of Terror to be very team-fight-centric instead of the good balance we have now (medium sized map, 2 objective spawn) completely DESTROYS what makes the map great right now.

Not to mention, the video claims that players were "frustrated" by the current design but fails to explain what was frustrating. Again, this completely removes variety between maps and it may as well just be a reskinned Alterac Pass.

DO NOT go through with this change, Blizzard. I will be leaving every game I am forced to play on this trash and that's if I don't outright uninstall because I am quite happy with the current version of GoT and would love to know why it deserves to be removed instead of tweaked.

Garbage.

I'm afraid there are just 2 possibilities how they would treat this kind of feedback:
1) No matter how many upvotes or high rated this post will get, they won't read it
2) They noticed it but they don't want their work on this rework be wasted, so they will likely keep this rework. (opposing the people which dislike this change)

And less likely 3rd option would be that they actually don't care about what the players here think about it.
this map looks awful and boring thanks for ruining another thing in hots blizz. it's almost like the opposite of the midas touch whatever they touch turns to turds.
09/13/2018 07:27 PMPosted by FeralChaos

i find infernal shrine to be more frustrating to play than blackhearts bay tbh.