Garden of Terror AWFUL changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
I came up with an idea. Blizzard does not like backdoors. Abatur's locusts weakened very much. Zagara must place Nydus on Biomass. Garden Nightmare can destroy the wall at the gate and directly attack the keep - easy backdoor.
I wonder when Morales will lose her medivac

EDIT:
For the first time I see that there were more "paws down" under the blizzard video
https://imgur.com/a/VEcV1iF
Dev's team - Go out!
09/14/2018 02:26 AMPosted by LuykAndRocco
Dev's team - Go out!

... and do not slam the door.

Seriously. I would like to see the results of the survey, or statistics that show us that players do not like this map.

If you are balancing the map for e-sport, remember that pro players always choose which maps they want to play on. This means that there will always be maps which we will not see in HGC
09/13/2018 11:15 PMPosted by WereElf
09/13/2018 12:44 PMPosted by Wraithdagger
Not to mention, the video claims that players were "frustrated" by the current design but fails to explain what was frustrating. Again, this completely removes variety between maps and it may as well just be a reskinned Alterac Pass.

It was frustrating how overpowered the objective could be.
I would've been happy with just some balance changes to it like:
Base movespeed reduced to 80%, but it automatically increases to 130% after not taking damage for 3-5 sec (E removed).
Reduced damage bonus to rooted structures.
Increased Q cooldown by 1 sec.
W gets separate timed life, but its HP gets reduced.

But the changes may lead to having even more op objective...

3 lane pusher obj are far stronger than piloted objectives. If you are behind or lost 2 team members late game before they spawn you lose. You could defend 1 piloted terror before when outnumbered, now you wont be able to. The terrors even spawn pots to disable towers. The new objective will be beyond broken.

There was also a decision to be made out of who should pilot. And a trade off which prevented snowballs. Blizzard just throws away all sense with these. On tomb at least the objective loses health over time, AP and new GOT dont, so it is a winner takes all.
09/13/2018 07:27 PMPosted by FeralChaos
I just find it funny that Garden of Terror is called out by Blizzard as the "frustrating" one and not the dumpster fire that is Blackheart's Bay.

Or HECK, even bloody Braxis Holdout, which always get voted as the worst map in the game.
09/14/2018 01:10 AMPosted by WereElf
09/14/2018 01:00 AMPosted by Firellius
We already have Cursed Hollow. There's no reason to change Garden of Terror to have the -exact- same objective gameplay.

I wouldn't say it's the exact same, as you can collect 6 seeds per stage, and both teams can have an objective active at the same time.
It will be a lot closer to TosQ/Alterac Pass if you ask me, but with a lot more powerful obj, and slower lane-to-lane rotations.

Cursed Pass of the Spider Queen
I wonder if a blue will respond to this backlash.
My guess is.....probably not.
09/14/2018 01:10 AMPosted by WereElf
09/14/2018 01:00 AMPosted by Firellius
We already have Cursed Hollow. There's no reason to change Garden of Terror to have the -exact- same objective gameplay.

I wouldn't say it's the exact same, as you can collect 6 seeds per stage, and both teams can have an objective active at the same time.
It will be a lot closer to TosQ/Alterac Pass if you ask me, but with a lot more powerful obj, and slower lane-to-lane rotations.

It won't spawn six seeds per stage, it will work the exact same way as Cursed Hollow. Six different locations where a seed can spawn, every once in a while, a seed will spawn at one of those locations, and the first team to collect three seeds gets the benefit.
A lot of people are throwing judgement on this map even before the changes have even gone into PTR mode. Whilst I understand that it feels more like either Tomb of the Spider Queen mixed with Alterac Pass, I'm going to reserve judgement until I try these changes out and then make an informed review rather than jumping to conclusions based on what is viewed. Garden of Terror for me is the worst map in the game, so to me the only way really in my opinion is up for this map.
it was a fun map, having chance to play with the terror, , those boss fights, those lucky stuns, meh.

but hey, the map is out of ranked/comp for some reason. i would rework BHB 1st
What are devs smoking?? Objective which can disable structures pushing every lane?? Seriously this will be the most broken map ever. Even with good draft and coordinated team it will be nearly impossible not to lose all three walls (1500 xp) unless the terror itself is weak as hell. With one or more teammates down, lvl disadvantage or worse team it will be so easy to lose all three forts, which is almost guaranteed loss.
I hope Blizzard takes note of thread. Very rarely on this forum does a topic get more then 20 likes/dislikes total, and yet at this time of posting this thread here has 99 likes in less than 24 hours.

Edit

I have never seen a video on YouTube get more dislikes then likes, yet at this time the video had 3.6k dislikes and 2.4k likes.
09/14/2018 05:34 AMPosted by autobusik2
What are devs smoking?? Objective which can disable structures pushing every lane?? Seriously this will be the most broken map ever. Even with good draft and coordinated team it will be nearly impossible not to lose all three walls (1500 xp) unless the terror itself is weak as hell. With one or more teammates down, lvl disadvantage or worse team it will be so easy to lose all three forts, which is almost guaranteed loss.

They are smoking crack pots.
"Frustrating" seems to be the keyword for many changes over the past year, yet they fail to explain such frustrations most of the time as if everyone feels the same and we are just suppose to know what led the changes.
I will be leaving every game I am forced to play on this trash and that's if I don't outright uninstall

Hero League Bronze * (MMR: 1410)
Overall Win Percent 46.0 %

real big loss XD
Do the Devs even play this game anymore? Why would you make maps exactly like other maps. Keep variety, it's the spice of life you know!!
But the changes may lead to having even more op objective...

3 lane pusher obj are far stronger than piloted objectives. If you are behind or lost 2 team members late game before they spawn you lose. You could defend 1 piloted terror before when outnumbered, now you wont be able to. The terrors even spawn pots to disable towers. The new objective will be beyond broken.

There was also a decision to be made out of who should pilot. And a trade off which prevented snowballs. Blizzard just throws away all sense with these. On tomb at least the objective loses health over time, AP and new GOT dont, so it is a winner takes all.

Did you read my last sentence?
09/14/2018 06:23 AMPosted by LordShoe
I will be leaving every game I am forced to play on this trash and that's if I don't outright uninstall

Hero League Bronze * (MMR: 1410)
Overall Win Percent 46.0 %

real big loss XD

I'll take 50 of this guy in exchange for one that has a toxic attitude like you.
I don't get why they just don't call it Garden of Terror 2 and leave the first one alone for non-competitive play.
Personally, I feel like the developers got the feedback for GoT almost exactly wrong. What I felt, and what I'd seen among other players, is that the gameplay of collecting seeds and driving a Garden Terror was more or less fine, but that the visuals were drab, and the theme not as interestingly done as, for example, Sky Temple or Towers of Doom. What I would've liked to see was perhaps a bit of a cleanup, but mostly just a map with the same gameplay, but cooler visuals. Instead, what we seem to have gotten was Alterac V2, with the same mediocre visual theme. The developers themselves pointed out how the map's gameplay was similar to that of others, which begs the question as to why does this map even deserve to exist if it is going to be made into a redundant iteration of already explored mechanics.