Garden of Terror AWFUL changes

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 Next
09/18/2018 09:14 AMPosted by Kayosiv
Going to echo many. The changes to garden of terror don't seem to fix any existing problems while also making the map less interesting.

"Less interesting" may be, but I think that's what this game needs. At the moment there are to many maps that work completly different. How can a player that plays two or three matches a week understand how all these maps work? Hence the bad experiences with players ranked gold+ that don't know what to do in a match.
I mean ... there is an other game (you know which I'm talikng about) with ONE map that is far more succesfull than HotS. So, these chages to GoT go into the right direction.
09/18/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Shinigami
Going to echo many. The changes to garden of terror don't seem to fix any existing problems while also making the map less interesting.

"Less interesting" may be, but I think that's what this game needs. At the moment there are to many maps that work completly different. How can a player that plays two or three matches a week understand how all these maps work? Hence the bad experiences with players ranked gold+ that don't know what to do in a match.
I mean ... there is an other game (you know which I'm talikng about) with ONE map that is far more succesfull than HotS. So, these chages to GoT go into the right direction.

It is not rocket science. One match per particular map should be more than enough to learn said map's working mechanism and basics. The thing is that with one map games you called: learning how to act on single map of Dota 2 is harder than learning all maps of HOTS.
where are the blues now ? ...
09/18/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Archlich
It is not rocket science. One match per particular map should be more than enough to learn said map's working mechanism and basics.

Experience tells otherwise.
09/18/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Shinigami

how dare we ask players to learn different mechanics.
Garden of Terror is fine as it is. I don't think that there is a need to change the entire map. The Terror itself might be too strong maybe, but Blizz could just nerf the Terror like they made the Dragon knight into a slow turtle knight. The map mechanics are good.
Agree. GoT was my favorite map and now it's the one that I dislike playing most. My friends and I will be very very happy if GoT returns to its classical gameplay.
09/18/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Saur
where are the blues now ? ...

Behind the Terror with a big fat strap on...
Just want to add my voice to this mix.

As an alpha player, I will be uninstalling if these changes go live.

It indicates you don't listen to your playerbase, and you are willing to manufacture evidence to make changes without even sharing it with us.

You say players were frustrated, but that sounds like b.s. to me.

This map is beloved by a lot of your players, and gutting it is gutting us.
09/27/2018 02:23 PMPosted by iNSiPiD1

It indicates you don't listen to your playerbase, and you are willing to manufacture evidence to make changes without even sharing it with us.

They are already on the live server!
09/27/2018 02:38 PMPosted by TimeSpike

They are already on the live server!

Cool, I haven't played for a couple days. Just uninstalled.

I agree but it's been released. Cirrently best solution I feel would be use both maps renaming rework.

But I also feel the game only focuses & develops in Esport & HGC direction now. Which feels miles away from what the alpha & beta player group wanted. It's losing the just fun side of it. The just pick up & jump in which was one of HotS big selling point different from other MOBAs. If I wanted draft driven play I would play the other MOBAs.

Loss of original GoT for rework just shows that core pick up & play no longer matters & I wouldn't be surprised if QM the core identity of this type of play was on the chopping block sometime in the future just to rework it & remove it because it cause frustration from their balance around HGC & their esport HotS direction.

A sad day.
09/27/2018 07:49 PMPosted by bluevirus

I agree but it's been released. Cirrently best solution I feel would be use both maps renaming rework.

But I also feel the game only focuses & develops in Esport & HGC direction now. Which feels miles away from what the alpha & beta player group wanted. It's losing the just fun side of it. The just pick up & jump in which was one of HotS big selling point different from other MOBAs. If I wanted draft driven play I would play the other MOBAs.

Loss of original GoT for rework just shows that core pick up & play no longer matters & I wouldn't be surprised if QM the core identity of this type of play was on the chopping block sometime in the future just to rework it & remove it because it cause frustration from their balance around HGC & their esport HotS direction.

A sad day.

I hear you. The game has to be fun first and foremost, that's all that really matters. Forcing standardization makes everything feel the same and moves them closer to the "one map standard" that LoL and Dota have.

I'm not against a rework of GoT, but it should NOT have included removing the ability to pilot the Terror. That was incredibly dumb of them.

Anyway, it appears they ignored us all, and I'll be departing from the game again. I'm a big believer in taking my money elsewhere when it comes to these things.
Heroes of the Storm is a game managed by a group of crazy monkeys in a computer lab.

They take awful decisions based on no logic. They're just bad.
I really hope the backlash is being heard loud and clear
09/27/2018 09:52 PMPosted by HawlSera
I really hope the backlash is being heard loud and clear

https://image.ceneostatic.pl/data/products/14596492/i-monacor-tm-17-megafon.jpg

Dear Blizzard...
The rework is bad and has has a negative impact on the game. 100% agree with op.

Revert it back Blizzard.
The only thing I didn't like about the old GoT was that sometimes games could really drag on, since it was a big map and you really needed a sizeable advantage to be able to end the game, even with a terror.

But uh, this hyper snowbally replacement is not enjoyable. It reminds me of the old Haunted Mines, which was hyper snowbally too.

I'm not sure why it was decided that spawning 3 boss camps at the location of the minion wave was a good idea. They're not at all like the Tomb spiders, which augment a push...they're quite capable of ripping buildings to bits on their own.

But I guess this is stuff that has already been brought up, so...
234 upvotes and the blues dont give a !@#$ to make a statement and blizz release the map anyways.....nuff said
09/28/2018 04:38 AMPosted by Cenerae
I'm not sure why it was decided that spawning 3 boss camps at the location of the minion wave was a good idea.

People liked alterac on release, it was fresh. And people liked cursed hollow.

Except they didnt realize that its not the 3 lane pushing system on its own that makes a map good. Its the macrogame around it. GoT has only 1 macrogame: spam mercs, grab seeds. There is no need to think about timing as the merc spam is going to keep the enemy busy enough anyway.