The forum ate my post

General Discussion
I just took over an hour to make a long post, what the heck happened?
better hope you have it in your "previous page" button.

the spam filter probably snagged it for no perceivable reason.
It's a bug with how the forum deals with spambots. It really seems to target posts that take ages to write. It sucks, but without that filter, we'd have hundreds of Korean bots reposting the entirety of the Harry Potter books (yes, that happened).

For future safety, put your long posts in a Word or Notepad document before posting, so you can just copy and paste from there.
Happens sometimes that a post just doesn't get posted, don't expect blizzard to fix it tho! that bug exists since the first day of this forum.
U always need to write long posts in a write document and copy paste them .
Too much editing.
Reminds me... when were we gonna get that forum overhaul like the other Blizzard games? Is the budget that low for this franchise?
taking a long time to make a post isn't even the spam filter – that can happen on a number of forums. Forums aren't like text apps and have a notification for seeing that someone is typing, they base activity on page clicks. If you've been on the same page for extended durations, you may essentially be flagged inactive/off so when you go to hit that 'reply' button, the forum is then logging you back in and refreshes the page instead of posting.

while some advise copy/pasting from a text doc, you could just copy the post, refresh the page, and then paste that to post to be sure you're not logged out for inactivity.
Happen to me twice on hero suggestion page. I was unfortunate enough to be unable to save it too. Third times a charm with back up this time.
Trial & Error bruh ! Just never make that silly mistake again : anything that takes some time+editing to write use a .txt on your desktop (or w/e just use a draft). Problem solved.
Forums have been known to lose posts and threads due to spam filter. Some known causes:

1. Having the chat window open for a long time. The site can desinc and lose what you were writing.
2. Editing a post can cause the spam filter to trigger in error. Usually occurs if edit was soon after posting or previously editing, but can also be the first time in some cases.
3. Trying to write a similarly worded post after triggering above. Since that post is currently registered as spam (despite it being an error and not spam) it will prevent another post for about an hour after triggering.

In general it is best to type out and edit long posts in a word program. Then they should copy and paste it into forum window. If the post is likely to get edited in the future (like changing ideas about a hero at later date and editing it in), then you may want to save a copy of the post in a word file in case it gets triggered in the future.
When you write a long post Copy the whole post before you hit the Submit first. This trik will help you ecerywhere as a Blog writer, or whatever computer writer.
Always Ctrl A + Ctrl C before posting anything be it a new topic or reply. Yes, I also learned that the hard way.
09/17/2018 09:03 AMPosted by LordShoe
better hope you have it in your "previous page" button.

the spam filter probably snagged it for no perceivable reason.
There's a timer.
09/17/2018 09:00 AMPosted by GLoRToR

and you didn't copy paste it? wow.
09/17/2018 09:00 AMPosted by GLoRToR

most of the time when you make a new topic and decide to edit the text right away after publishing it, the topic will get deleted, at least from my experience, happened at least 10 times so far
also it takes a while until the topic and the post appears in your post history and appears at the top of the forum category

dont edit the topic in this ~5min time window, seems to be an issue with all the blizzard forums, or some kind of unintended spam protection
also will it have new avatars from the newer characters?
ALWAYS control + A and control + C before you post anything on bli$$ard indie's games!

I as well get this issue often in their forums. I dont know if its anti-spam filter, or some corporate filter which tries to cover up messages with certain words. I personally NEVER had such issues on ANY forums, be it made by a 14 years old for his fanboy website on his home kitchen machine.

This is NO LONGER the company you were used to in the 2000s!

Note - I just did ctrl+a and ctrl+c this post, since its on the bli$$ard indie forums.