Raven Lord is ... pretty lame

General Discussion
Adding lore to the Nexus is a derpy idea, anyway.
09/25/2018 08:55 AMPosted by SoulFilcher
09/25/2018 08:45 AMPosted by DefilerRulez
The threat Raven Lord sense is Orange...

Deathwing confirmed at Blizzcon 2018 ?

I hope so

Nah, obviously a new Ragnaros skin.

Aim for the stars, my friend.
Adding lore to the Nexus is fine, I just wish they had actual content to do it with. An open RPG brawl would be perfect, where we can choose from a selection of heroes and Deckard Cain can be our guide through the Nexus.
Okay,but consider this:

He's sexy
I was excited about potential lore for the Nexus, and then I saw this.

Not sure why I was surprised, considering the people working on HotS' lore are probably just your typical code or art developers who decided they wanted to try their hand at worldbuilding. I shouldn't be surprised that they aren't any good at it.
Seriously, they introduce the Lady of Thorns and what appears to be her two kids. We get no character development before said kids are killed off by the Dragon Knight, who is supposed to be their own father possessed by the Raven Lord after they were dumb enough to resurrect him against their mother's orders. The Lady herself gets turned into stone through some spell when she, as a Realm Lord, should be strong enough to at least put up some resistance against the Raven Lord. We get no explanation for how the Raven Lord managed to steal the Singularity, or why he bothered wasting his time and resources fighting potential allies inside of allying against this coming foe he talked about.

This whole thing stinks of some clueless fools sitting in a room and saying, "You know what would be cool? Pitting Generic Bad Guy with Generic OP Abilities 1, 2, and 3 and Generic Bad Guy Minions 1-5 against Generic Idiot/Weakling Good Guys 1, 2 and 3, and Generic Weakling Good Guys Minions 1-5 with almost no background information, character development, or idea of what the hell is going on at all!"

What a disappointment.
09/24/2018 10:16 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
09/24/2018 09:56 PMPosted by FeralChaos
Boy, I'm sure not sick of this bit of writing due to every other game Blizzard does!
Well at least it is not the Void like Warcraft and StarCraft. Oh wait that is probably what the bigger evil is...

Obviously the plot needs to be about kerrigan becoming a Zerg supersaiyan to fight this threat.
You know what the best thing about all of this will be dear Maximus? That two things will happen for sure:

1) Lady of Thorns, Dragon Knights and their two sons will be magically not dead the whole time or be resurrected for some reason, reducing to zero all the strenght/threat that the Raven Lord represented

2) Orphea will pull out of hi a*s a generic and boring plot device to magically defeat the Raven Lord, probably from the coffin she's dragging around, maybe it will even be one of the new heroes coming in-game

Post WarCraft 3 stories are soo predictable and boring...
I love the contrast between "Lore is stupid" and "Why isn't the lore deeper?" in this thead.
09/26/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Vekkul
I love the contrast between "Lore is stupid" and "Why isn't the lore deeper?" in this thead.
My issue is the lore is shallow, and therefore stupid. It could, and should, be better, but apparently Blizzard didn't want to hire a competent writer (if any at all) for this little endeavor.
09/26/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Maximus
09/26/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Vekkul
My issue is the lore is shallow, and therefore stupid. It could, and should, be better, but apparently Blizzard didn't want to hire a competent writer (if any at all) for this little endeavor.

Yeah because they have competent writers for their other games... lol
09/25/2018 03:17 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
It is worth pointing out that from a player perspective you are not really meant to care who wins in these lore battles.

Then why even bother with any of this. Why try to write a new set of lore if we aren’t supposed to care who wins and who loses. I mean, in the game setting I get it because we’re playing a MOBA and this is just flavor plot. But Blizzard wants to get serious with the HotS lore, to the point where they’re releasing comic books now. When I read comic books, or watch a movie or show there are characters I’m rooting for and rooting against.
09/26/2018 05:19 PMPosted by joshvector
09/25/2018 03:17 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
It is worth pointing out that from a player perspective you are not really meant to care who wins in these lore battles.

Then why even bother with any of this. Why try to write a new set of lore if we aren’t supposed to care who wins and who loses. I mean, in the game setting I get it because we’re playing a MOBA and this is just flavor plot. But Blizzard wants to get serious with the HotS lore, to the point where they’re releasing comic books now. When I read comic books, or watch a movie or show there are characters I’m rooting for and rooting against.

Yeah, i don't even understand the effort to develop lore for a game that will most likely be shut-down on the next 5 years
09/25/2018 07:21 PMPosted by Metro
Adding lore to the Nexus is a derpy idea, anyway.

Honestly I imagine it came about because some intern said, "Overwatch is more popular than HotS because it has its own rich lore."

ehhhh

no intern. that is not the issue with hots.
I liked the comic.

Dat hole in Uther's chest doe. He dead...AGAIN
09/24/2018 09:43 PMPosted by goliathfasa
From the new comics.

Anyone else getting triggered by his smug "oh btw you lose, because plot" idiocy? The whole time I was getting Aizen flashbacks.

Would like to skip to the end where he's finally defeated. Obviously not going to be killed/destroyed. Just sealed away/banished. Because evil will always return, right?

So cliche.

Mostly it sucks because kids are picking for quests rather than team comp. Ruining games. Unranked is essentially QM right now.
Aizen is one of the most handsome anime characters there is.
Plot twist, Uther isn't dead, he took the level 20 Redemption talent.

Zarya: WHAT, YOU'RE SUPPOSE TO BE DEAD

Uther: It was just a flesh wound

Zarya: I blasted a hole in your chest

Uther: It got better.
09/26/2018 06:17 PMPosted by TheMechE
I liked the comic.

Dat hole in Uther's chest doe. He dead...AGAIN

He's just being true to his home game!
09/25/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Starmie
He transformed into big fat raven a few times, that's all i wanted to see tbh. He can kawkaw! the !@#$ out of everyone for all I care.

THIS. When he appeared in "human" form I really disliked it, but seeing his big raven form makes me a lot happier.

Also, KAWKAW!