You really need to get rid of online vs AI

General Discussion
I keep seeing so many people requesting a group for this because they’re too scared to play against people. Just frigging get rid of this mode..... the actual online takes 1000 seconds to find a game now, it is mental!

People need to get over the fear of playing against other players, I suck... I don’t care, I just enjoy playing.
Highly Rated
Actually it's very polite of more casual players to play AI instead of QM (or before going QM). Even on the forum a few people have said they don't play the game at a level to be competitive with human players so they prefer playing AI mode which is a lot less stress for them.

Do you really want these people on your team in QM let alone draft modes? Let them have their fun against bots, if anything they are doing you a favor by not going into your match as an AI player with teammates who have 1000+ pvp matches. All it would result in is a ton of flaming, frustration and grief.

If someone enjoys AI let them enjoy it. It's not my cup of tea but some people like it. Maybe they only log in to do their daily quests then come back the next day. If you don't flame them there is a chance one day in the future they might play human games as well, adding to the overall player population.
We don't want the type of person who is attracted to AI games playing draft mode. Bronze does not need any more bad players. Please.
I only play vs AI atm because the Internet at my place sucks and cuts in and out constantly, but I still would like to play and do quests until I move somewhere better and play properly again.

I'm just trying to be considerate and not go onto multiplayer with the chance of ruining my team, at least in vs AI no one really minds.
I disagree, AI serves its purpose, when there is a really hard hero I need to get down I play against AI. I know a few people who just don't have the cognitive power to play certain games at a PvP level and its not fair to just throw them under the bus(along with revert a ton of blizzards work).
You simply don't have any right to stop someone enjoying game modes they choose.

It's unbelievable someone make a thread to "force" other players to do what they want.
I don't see why they should. You don't like playing vs ai that's fine no one is forcing you to play it so if there are people who don't want to play against people why should they be forced to?

Shouldn't you be glad that people who are not confident with hero x plays it there rather than goes into a qm game and loses you the game because they can't play said hero effectively, or take a hero into vs ai because they need to learn them better rather than effectively throwing games in qm until they do so, or someone does joke builds that they know aren't going to be effective but are just trying them for fun in vs ai rather than going into qm. If your problem is that since they're not being "forced" into qm or draft it raises those que times but do you really want faster ques if it means worse games?

Also I kinda like vs ai as a mode generally 0 toxicity, let's you play whatever/however you want without people bashing you because you're trying a joke build like assassin ana, also quick and easy games if all your looking for is to quickly finish a daily and not all that interested in playing or you've just seen enough of the toxicity in qm/draft for the day so you want to sit back and play the game for fun.
some people actually have a life but want to take some time to enjoy a game where players aren't shouting at each other and have a relaxed environment
09/16/2018 03:33 AMPosted by Scaramoosh
30 mins wait, twice disconnected..... I’m done.

The game is dead because everyone is an unsociable ##*@#!%@#... in my day back when CS and Quake were a thing, we all trolled each other and it was fun. Now everyone is scared to play against a Human... a pathetic development of the Human Race. What it is with this left America these days? Grow some balls!

And I remember playing against bots in UT99 all day long. Check yo memory!
Some players just don't play PvP no matter what. If you remove vsAI, they just simply leave. You won't get more players on the other modes this way.
Players vs A.I. buy heroes and skins too. Throwing away your customers is rather idiotic, don't you think?
Sure attack the OP because there are flaws in the argument.

But he's right about a large portion of the vs. A.I. addicts being too scared to play vs humans and that's a damn shame. Those players are stifling themselves and it's painful to watch a fun game like HoTS struggle to have enough people to satisfy queue times when so many players are sitting and hiding and clutching their vs. AI blankies. We know we can't FORCE them to man up, but we wish they would for the games sake. (And I guess their own?)
09/16/2018 03:20 AMPosted by Scaramoosh
I keep seeing so many people requesting a group for this because they’re too scared to play against people. Just frigging get rid of this mode..... the actual online takes 1000 seconds to find a game now, it is mental!

People need to get over the fear of playing against other players, I suck... I don’t care, I just enjoy playing.

As someone who plays a lot of AI, I do it not because I'm afraid of people but because I don't like feeling stress when I play a game with people, and I don't want to come away from a game angry. I just go out and work on the things I want to work on.

I want to play whatever hero I want whenever I want to play it (yeah I know quick match ) I get almost 0% toxicity and most of the fun.
uhm... it's a great place to practise new heroes and maps. try out crazy crap and such...

and you want to get rid of it... for what? does it bother you? does it hurt you? is it trying to get your wife to divorce you?
09/16/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Sarf
Some players just don't play PvP no matter what.

And with that, some of those became that way because of the way PvP players behave.

I have been playing PvP in the beginning, usualy games in balance went quite ok (the first 5 games were mostly steamrolls, but thats my MMR being unknown). But 1 thing that was clearly visible, if you are losing, players are very quickly becoming toxic. If something in draft doesnt go as they wanted, they become toxic.
In first 20 PvP games i found more toxic players than i did in the 2 years of vs AI.

The most friendly mode for me was brawls because you cant realy blame anyone from getting a hero they dont know. So people didnt blame much, they at most tried to suggest ways to keep you from dying.

But in QM and UR, the speed at which players became toxic was just bad. Easily within 2 minutes. And the reason for many: you werent soaking the lane as a character that cant 1v1 against the other hero and you asked for help.

I like the system of UR, but since i do not have a group of 5 i can often play with, i cannot play this mode while being sure i avoid the toxicity. Hence: vs AI. since no one cares there.
Disagree, I occasionally play AI when I have my children. I have a 2 year old that doesn’t actually let me play, so if I gotta jump up or “afk” for 30 seconds to go grab him.. beginner AI is not punishing and I can still level up on characters I haven’t really played. If AI didn’t exist I simply wouldn’t play during those times.
Why would Blizzard cut content for no reason?
09/16/2018 03:30 AMPosted by MetalDtector
Actually it's very polite of more casual players to play AI instead of QM (or before going QM). Even on the forum a few people have said they don't play the game at a level to be competitive with human players so they prefer playing AI mode which is a lot less stress for them.

I have an entirely different reason. I got sick and tired of all the salt, bull!@#$ and toxicity in every other game mode. so I stick to AI. theres ALOT less of it there.
Players are having "Fun" with this mode. Unfortunately its not the right way to have "Fun". We need to change this so that players can experience the right way of having "Fun".