Dota 2 report system vs HOTS report system

General Discussion
In Dota 2,
You can only report people per match.
You can't report someone more than one per match.
To report someone more than one, you need to play another match with him. Even in that case, you can report him second time, not more than that.
False reporting is ineffective because of that.
Also, you get limitted amount of report rights per week or 15 days so you can't abuse system.
In my >1k hours, I haven't been suspended or got warnings, etc.
Because actions are generally taken against serious chat abusers (racists, serious threats), cheaters and scripters, etc.
You use mute chat in Dota 2 and if you want to report, you only report serious cases with your limited numbers of report.

It is very interesting that hots team couldn't come up with such a simple and non or less-abusable reporting system and so, we have current abomination system.
And you can clearly see the result - Dota2 is a cesspool, HotS isn't. Incomparable.

Dota2 is like the MOBA of a person who smokes, if you let me use a Russian memey )))
09/16/2018 05:44 AMPosted by Adûnâi
And you can clearly see the result - Dota2 is a cesspool, HotS isn't. Incomparable.

Dota2 is like the MOBA of a person who smokes, if you let me use a Russian memey )))

HotS is a cesspool... I know, I know, you probably block anyone that you have a slight disagreement with.

But I refuse to play this game without my friends because the average player in QM and unrank are just so awfully bad.

I somewhat disagree, from my long, long, long experience with Dota and Dota2, the community is neither more or less toxic than any other moba. The higher you climb, the less toxic the players are in-game too - but again that's the same as any other moba.
09/16/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Archlich
In Dota 2,
To report someone more than one, you need to play another match with him. Even in that case, you can report him second time, not more than that.
Also, you get limitted amount of report rights per week or 15 days so you can't abuse system.
Because actions are generally taken against serious chat abusers (racists, serious threats), cheaters and scripters, etc.
You use mute chat in Dota 2 and if you want to report, you only report serious cases with your limited numbers of report.

It is very interesting that hots team couldn't come up with such a simple and non or less-abusable reporting system and so, we have current abomination system.

I don't think false reporting can be called innefective, since nothing stops you from reporting everyone on your team because you lost. Unless you lose every single game, you won't burn through your reports that fast.
09/16/2018 07:22 AMPosted by phaseshifter
In Dota 2,

I don't think false reporting can be called innefective, since nothing stops you from reporting everyone on your team because you lost. Unless you lose every single game, you won't burn through your reports that fast.

You have limited amounts of report rights like 4 reports per week or 10-15 days so you can't report everyone in dota 2, only real afkers or harassers.
09/16/2018 07:22 AMPosted by phaseshifter
In Dota 2,

Limited report do, because you don't want to waste your reports. Right now, the average hots player has no reason to not report everyone his/her team if they are in a bad mood or otherwise
League of Legends had a report weighing system in place for a long time too. Your reports held a certain weight, and every time you falsely reported someone (meaning the system checked and didn't find what they did offensive enough to warrant a punishment) that weight went down. Keep on being report-happy without a good reason for long enough, and the system simply won't take your reports into account anymore.

Literally anything would be better than this fully automated trash we have here. Hell, I can report a person I never even played a game with even for non-participation of all things with if I felt like being an !@#$%^- - just right-click on their name in General Chat and report away.
09/16/2018 06:26 AMPosted by StrikerJolt

HotS is a cesspool... I know, I know, you probably block anyone that you have a slight disagreement with.

But I refuse to play this game without my friends because the average player in QM and unrank are just so awfully bad.

Agreed, but the cesspool is created by Blizzard because they don't fix matchmaking. It's not the "bad" player's fault they are matched with the wrong people.