Let's Discuss the new Hanamura Map

General Discussion
The new Hanamura map has been out for a few weeks now. I've noticed we're getting some threads calling for it to be canned once again or at least the ability to filter out.

Lets see if we can't get some real feedback together with what the positives and negatives are about the new map.

/discuss
I Enjoy playing this map.

The camps feel useful and the recon one feels unique.

I think it's my favorite 2 lane map in the game

I just wish you could place turrets on the payload like the old Hanamura.

Other than that i'm happy it's back.

I'm one of the few who liked the old Hamamura, but this new one is great as well and i'm happy it's in the game.
The big samurai should be a boss or made weaker. I feel it is too strong for the effect he can have.
well, i fell the catapults gets way more faster into the core in that map,

also samurai merc is to stronk
I personally like the new Hanamura since unlike the old one, you don't need to split up to get the objective rolling without losing your own core health. It gets easier and easier to defend each time, so it scales nicely in case one team begins to steamroll.

I do feel that the Seige camps need some tuning since they can deal massive seige damage, clear waves quickly, and tank tower shots all at the same time. Maybe reducing it's health but giving it armor against non-heroic targets would be good, that way it's easier to clear, yet it can still act like a mini boss when seiging. Maybe it's damage should also be reduced, but I'm not sure by how much and what should be implemented to compensate.

Love the new vision camps, wish something like this were installed on maps like cursed hollow and haunted mines, since they are harder to take than a normal watch tower, but they reward you with almost a free regen globe.

Other than that, feels like the map is more balanced than most.
09/19/2018 02:24 AMPosted by Saur
well, i fell the catapults gets way more faster into the core in that map,

also samurai merc is to stronk

Yeah, it can get snowbally really fast as its only a 2 lane map. and what the guy above said about siege minions being too strong. The obj damage and siege needs tuning. Otherwise, the map is great.
The map is fine design-wise, just a bit of number tweaking on the samurai merc and the power of the shots needed. I´m definitely glad they brought it back, i missed that awesome aesthetics.
I do miss having a boss in the middle.

Here's a neat idea. Between Payload spawns, have a boss fill the center, and if people happen to take the boss, their payload will move gradually unassisted or will have a speed buff for their team and a debuff for the enemy team.

Other than that, I hated the first version of Hanamura, and I think this version is pretty good. The objectives seem to take a little too long to spawn. I don't think I've lost on it yet. Maybe once. So I don't know what it's like to come from behind.
i don't realy care for the map (though it's something diffrent from the other "new" crap they made)

filtering out maps (or just 1 maybe 2 maps) would be nice so i can FINALY block the godawfull infernal shrines... and maybe the new GoT map i've read so much bad reviews about (blizzard changing things in name of the community wich the community knows nothing about -> or just not caring about the community and trying to hide it this way)

blizzard is good at forcing their crap on you whether you like it or not...
In my opinion it is empty, too open, boring. I hoped it would be made in the style of a Japanese garden: a lot of narrow and winding alleys, ponds and lakes, dense and colorful vegetation, many bushes that can provide cover.

I did not like open maps, I prefer those tight with many opportunities to make an ambush.

Mercenary-Samurai is problematic again. He should be treated like a boss: immune to stun and blinding, and with very long renewal time.
I've noticed we're getting some threads calling for it to be canned once again or at least the ability to filter out.
So like what, 1-2 threads?

ToD got more hate threads, is it a problem now?