Probius null gate should be buffed?

General Discussion
His heroic null gate is heavily eclipsed by weaponize pylons (hotslogs, 80-90% of players pick weaponize pylons and it has a much higher winrate).

Perhaps make it something like chromie's sandstorm?

Comparison:
Chromie sandstorm has a 5 second cd and lasts indefinitely, slows for up to 60%
Null gate, 30 second cd, lasts for 4 seconds, smaller aoe, does 68 damage per second.

The 68 damage is not worth a significantly longer cd, significantly shorter duration and a smaller aoe.

If null gate had a 5 second cd it would perhaps be more attractive to take it over weaponize pylons (which is a really good heroic).

Thoughts?
they should just delete it and give him a better heroic. null gate is just a worse tassadar wall/inferior sandstorm
Yeah they should replace it with a new heroic. Wouldn't something like a Warpgate be cool?^^ Like a real probe from SC2, I want to cannon rush and build proxy Warpgates that spawn little Zealots.
The slow on nullgate is much stronger than what Chromie has, especially at level 8 (10). If a hero is in the middle of the gate as it turns on they will be locked into it for the full 4 seconds. During this time you can detonate up to 3 orbs onto them for total damage of over 2k late game.

But Chromie has 80% slow right? That only comes into effect at level 18 (20) and has a considerably longer fade in. Once the gate is up the slow is immediately 80%. Once Slowing Sands is down it is a few seconds before it reaches full potency of 80%. It also requires taking her level 18 (20) upgrade for it which means giving up piercing Sand Blast. Probius can get full use from it with just his level 10, leaving his level 20 free choice. Even when upgraded at 20 it can still provide Chromie like area denial as long as the Pylon is not focused down.

The gate is meant for combing. For example plonk it on the enemy team as Blaze rams them with AoE stun. They will then be effectively rooted for 4 seconds during which time you can blow them up for huge damage. Other allies can also take advantage of this for even more damage. It also has a low cooldown so this can be repeated every 30 seconds as opposed to other comboing tools which have 60-100 second cooldowns. Seeing how Probius already has good area deninal from rifts this just makes him even better at it.

Pylon Overcharge is usually a better choice as comboing with gate is hard/risky where as Pylon Overcharge gives you safe reliable range damage. 2-3 Pylons firing for over 1k damage each at long range late game on top of your photon cannons and rifts is a nice damage increase. It also boosts your level 13 talent effect for its duration. Useful to stay safely in the back line.

That said I would not mind gate being buffed slightly, especially at level 20. At level 20 the gate could last forever, irrespective of power field, however it would only deal damage when in a power field. This gives it Chromie level area deninal without becoming broken.
they should increase the cast range at least and maybe a secondary effect like lowers armor or something
You use it as a zoning and combo set up tool not for the DPS......
I personally think if they would rework this heroic and give it a totally new mechanic it could be very special and useful in some scenarios. I'm talking of a mechanic which makes all projectiles which try passing trough be either massively slowed(sometimes enough to gain time for a life saving cooldown) or destroyed on that attempt, partically making it a counter to ranged projectiles.
warpgate: Upon casting, a portal appears atop every probius pylon plus one inside the team spawn area. Any teammate may use any portal and will be instantly teleported to the portal closest to Probius' current location. Duration indefinate but portals disappar when their pylon is destroyed or when Probius is killed. Once all pylon portals are destroyed, the spawn portal is automatically removed. Cooldown 90s
It could be little wider, but it's an awesome ult to secure killing bows. It takes a lot of games to figure how to use it properly, but believe me, it's far better than Pylon Overcharge.

Besides at lvl 20 it has some cool tricks. In Hanamura it's easy to destroy a main base entering from behind without being noticed.

The cast range is good, remember you can place it along, not just across, so you can trap fleeing heroes from a generous distance. Besides you can use your Z to chase.
09/20/2018 12:36 AMPosted by fierywinds
If null gate had a 5 second cd it would perhaps be more attractive to take it over weaponize pylons (which is a really good heroic).

Thoughts?

Null Gate has already a short cooldown, you can use it on camps and have it again for team fight. It's always ready when i want to place it.

5sec cooldown is extremly OP. 80% slow is almost an immobilitzation, any enemy heroe traped on it has high chances to die. Well placed is deadly as Kel'thuzad combo, and you can easily desintegrate two or even 3 enemy heroes.

Finally, Null Gate has far more flexibility than Tassadar's wall. You can place it in any direction, remember that just one point has to be on the range area, the rest can be casted farther.
I prefer Null Gate. I just don't like being dependent on pylons. It's also great for peeling, which a lot of people don't think about. I just wish it activated sooner. There's a small window where it activates, and even though it visually looks like it's up, and should have caught a hero, it doesn't. That, and people jumping over it is a bit sad lol.

His level 20 upgrade definitely needs to be changed to have a secondary effect though. Although situationally useful, it's really too niche for a level 20 to have an effect that is contingent on pylons. More pylons actually gives additional value when there are more pylons, it doesn't just do more damage when you have 3 pylons up when overcharging.
09/20/2018 09:33 AMPosted by Volun
His level 20 upgrade definitely needs to be changed to have a secondary effect though. Although situationally useful, it's really too niche for a level 20 to have an effect that is contingent on pylons. More pylons actually gives additional value when there are more pylons, it doesn't just do more damage when you have 3 pylons up when overcharging.
Maybe a passive 50-100% increase in pylon radius? This would work well with its requirement of being inside a power field as those power fields are just that much bigger. The pylons can go in the back line where they are less likely to be poked down allowing the gate to remain up for longer periods.

5sec cooldown is extremly OP.

There's nothing that op about it at all. Sandstorm is on a 5 second cd and it is not op so I've no clue why you think null gate would be.

Sure null gate has 20% more slow, but sandstorm lasts indefinitely and has a bigger aoe and I'd take that any day over an extra 20% slow