EVERY game is Alterac or Suckamura.

General Discussion
Please fix the rotations.
"Pls fix everything for my taste."

The reworked Hanamura is a fresh map what a lot of ppl wants to try out again and again so Blizz decreased the map pool for a certain period of time. Ofc you see it quite often. But it's also just pure luck. I played 9 games today (1 BoE, 2 CH, 2 DS, 1 ISh, 1 Hanamura, 1 ToD, 1 ST).

Also "suckamura" is not funny nor accurate, that map is pretty good now.
Repetitive maps lead to boredom and those two maps just aren't that fun
Blizz probably think map variety is driving off players now. Probably more homogenization and removal at this point lol.

Maybe they'll get rid of roles altogether and all heroes will do everything.
Chances are rotations will be fixed soon. Possibly even as early as next week.
Do you ever stop complaining
In 3 days it will change.

That's the update so all the maps should come back.
Even new version of Hanamura still too difficult for playerbase to handle? Gee.
More Alterac and Hanamura please! Love the new maps
I mean, I still dont get the Hanamura rework. I liked old hanamura, right. I think this new hanamura has the same problems as old hanamura, Still think blizz wasted their time with the rework.

Oh yeah, I remember now, the Lost Vikings are bad on new hanamura.

(Still like it just the same though.)
hanamura needs slight objective damage and siege minion adjustment, but overall the map is great
Those are the two best maps. What do you want, more pirate's grotto? Dragon'g garden? Yuck. Be careful what you wish for.
I prefer Suckamura it's quite fun now. I prefer it to Alterac, I've hardly had the chance to play the Hanaruama one, so with the limited map pool at least it feels fresh.
It will likely change next week, but since the Garden of Terror rework is coming, it will probably be a limited pool again as they get numbers on the new map. So we will still see a lack of variety for a bit, I would expect.

But you can always play ranked, as the map pool is larger there.
Towers of Doom
09/22/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Karabars
The reworked Hanamura is a fresh map what a lot of ppl wants to try out again and again so Blizz decreased the map pool for a certain period of time.

Which is actualy a horrible system to get the map to be played more often, since it negates half the map pool.

If you have 12 maps, and want one map to be played about 1/6th of the time, you can either reduce it to 6 maps, which is what they did now.
Or you just make the map show up multiple times. So instead of the map featuring 1/12 of the random pool, it becomes 2/13.
09/23/2018 03:43 AMPosted by Alias
09/22/2018 10:34 AMPosted by Karabars
The reworked Hanamura is a fresh map what a lot of ppl wants to try out again and again so Blizz decreased the map pool for a certain period of time.

Which is actualy a horrible system to get the map to be played more often, since it negates half the map pool.

If you have 12 maps, and want one map to be played about 1/6th of the time, you can either reduce it to 6 maps, which is what they did now.
Or you just make the map show up multiple times. So instead of the map featuring 1/12 of the random pool, it becomes 2/13.
I don't know how they coded it and what they want or not. But the reason they chose this could be because of the easier implementation or that ppl can learn it easier if they don't face all the 12 maps.
09/23/2018 04:08 AMPosted by Karabars
But the reason they chose this could be because of the easier implementation or that ppl can learn it easier if they don't face all the 12 maps.

Those who still have to learn all the maps are not going to care as much about the new map. They still have to learn them all.

And those who only have to learn the new map, it doesnt matter all other maps still remain in rotation and only the new one is bumped to show up more often.

I get the idea that you want the new map to show up more often, and its a good thing to do! I justs dont like them deciding which maps are inferior and are being banished for 2 weeks, just because there is a new map.

The advantage to have all maps in rotation is simply because if there is a map in the rotation that you hate, its not suddenly also going to get boosted in the amount of times it shows up.
To me the current 6 maps they chose are kinda ok, but if they would do the same with the GoT rework and BHB would be in that list of 6, i would hate it as instead of a bad map 1/12 games, it becomes 1/6 games.

Coding wise i also wouldnt say its too difficult to implement such things (or they realy did something horribly wrong, which i dont expect). Even if they have a system to avoid duplicate entries or if it would be like valve where it requires a map file to exist, even then they can still use a dummy file which the game just replaces to the correct map.
09/22/2018 11:56 AMPosted by DrSuperGood
Chances are rotations will be fixed soon. Possibly even as early as next week.

I'm guessing that the new GoT will be out at that point and we'll be seeing that map a lot more instead.
09/22/2018 10:27 AMPosted by FireSoup
Please fix the rotations.

Going to start reporting your posts as spam, since you don't have any legitimate criticisms and you just post for the sake of posting to get attention.