Kerri & Bw update vids

General Discussion
That level 20 brightwing though. Emerald win to 3 seconds and 200 mana
I hope blink heal gets some kind of buff before Lvl 20. It's kind of a lackluster talent.
Brightwing wins! He he!

09/14/2018 02:20 PMPosted by phaseshifter
I hope blink heal gets some kind of buff before Lvl 20. It's kind of a lackluster talent.

Yeah for the most part I still feel like EW is the superior heroic just because of the playmaking ability of it. Just yesterday I managed to E myself in front of a fleeing Valla, EW’d her away from her gate to the outside side of her wall before we ez’d her. Good times.
Kerrigan's Chrysalys abillity now allow her to fill the diver role (which is sorely needed) as opposed to just enabling gank comps.

She now has a way out of getting blown up instantly after diving. Which makes Butcher look even worse now. He's now the game's only diver that has no way out.
BW's trait nerfed from 115 to 105
09/14/2018 02:35 PMPosted by phaseshifter
Kerrigan's Chrysalys abillity now allow her to fill the diver role (which is sorely needed) as opposed to just enabling gank comps.

She now has a way out of getting blown up instantly after diving. Which makes Butcher look even worse now. He's now the game's only diver that has no way out.
well bu she has less range with the rework
I really like that they added so much to both but kept their general feel and identity intact!
The other day i joked about 2 charges of Q with envenom baked in. i was almost right!
why does everything need stasis? :/
i mean seriously. if blizz knows the game is in THAT kind of shape maybe instead of making everyone have stasis they should do something about the cause instead of the symptom.
the down voters are gonna look silly lol.

Its underneath the second section:

https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/6221/hots-dev-on-brightwing-rework-we-pushed-the-boundaries-in-a-lot-of-places-with-brightwing-i-would-not-be-surprised-if-she-comes-out-swinging-pretty-hard-here
i'm still not sure that Kerrigan can compete with the top tier assassins in the game but at least it looks like she will be a competent pick now on more maps. more talents that can increase her damage and protect her booty are also a good thing since a few talents were made baseline. i'm just hoping the decrease on the range of her Q can be augmented in some way to make her more dangerous as a ganker instead of someone you can see coming from a mile away.

Brightwing just looks much better overall. healing was one of her weakest attributes and it looks like the devs are doing their best to make her impact the team more by making her healing better.
Quote below by TheDutchMan, the quoting messed up and wouldn't assign the name...not sure why...

Speaking as a level 70 or some crap Kerrigan, she will be broken if her damage numbers aren't tuned down to make up for her changes.

Seeing as they made the Q talent for mana refunding baseline, a baseline Q quest, and an additional damage explosion on her E, if her current numbers stay the same she will be the most dangerous close ranged ganker in the history of the game.

I expect serious damage nerfs to her kit.

But glad she is getting rework, she was super out-dated

Heaven forbid a melee assassin be dangerous for a change...but no lets get those nerfs ready right away.

Her Primal Grasp ability doesn't do worthwhile extra damage on top of its base damage...see here https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/6220/hots-dev-on-kerrigan-rework-i-think-people-who-really-want-to-master-kerrigan-can-show-off-what-they-want-to-do-with-her-now

The quote from the article...

- New Primal Grasp: (Pull damage reduced from 114 to 25, 2.5 seconds after using Primal Grasp, Kerrigan damages all nearby enemies for 180 damage)

So basically they buffed Primal Grasp by giving it 41 extra damage on pulse assuming you miss the ability itself or buffed it by 66 damage assuming you hit the actual ability and the pulse...in exchange it got nerfed by taking 2.5 seconds to activate the pulse which is where pretty much all the damage in it is now located.

This is actually kind of funny because one of the many things people wanted in a Kerrigan rework...and that earlier in history the devs themselves said they wanted to address as well...was Kerrigan not being able to really use her abilities independently more often but always using the combo because of how overall useless W and E are seperately thereby making her rather predictable. I don't see that changing.

Also with Primal Grasp now designed like this the counterplay to it will probably be pretty high.

On the other hand many other changes to her look nice thus far so I do reserve final judgement for when we see how they changed her Impaling Blades and how talents affect that ability as well as how certain talents may affect Primal Grasp. Who knows, maybe they made this change because certain talents with it would make the damage too high in the long run.

I just hope she doesn't turn into a "poor man's Genji".

Personally I'm hoping for talents that let me actually fight heroes like Tracer, Illidan, Genji, etc. when playing Kerrigan and not "oh look Tracer...time to get infinitely kited and have all my abilities dodged." A Queen's Rush talent that works similar to Raynor's Giddy-Up would be a good START, lol.
09/14/2018 06:10 PMPosted by DragonKnight
Quote below by TheDutchMan, the quoting messed up and wouldn't assign the name...not sure why...

Speaking as a level 70 or some crap Kerrigan, she will be broken if her damage numbers aren't tuned down to make up for her changes.

Seeing as they made the Q talent for mana refunding baseline, a baseline Q quest, and an additional damage explosion on her E, if her current numbers stay the same she will be the most dangerous close ranged ganker in the history of the game.

I expect serious damage nerfs to her kit.

But glad she is getting rework, she was super out-dated

Heaven forbid a melee assassin be dangerous for a change...but no lets get those nerfs ready right away.

Her Primal Grasp ability doesn't do worthwhile extra damage on top of its base damage...see here https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/6220/hots-dev-on-kerrigan-rework-i-think-people-who-really-want-to-master-kerrigan-can-show-off-what-they-want-to-do-with-her-now

The quote from the article...

- New Primal Grasp: (Pull damage reduced from 114 to 25, 2.5 seconds after using Primal Grasp, Kerrigan damages all nearby enemies for 180 damage)

So basically they buffed Primal Grasp by giving it 41 extra damage on pulse assuming you miss the ability itself or buffed it by 66 damage assuming you hit the actual ability and the pulse...in exchange it got nerfed by taking 2.5 seconds to activate the pulse which is where pretty much all the damage in it is now located.

This is actually kind of funny because one of the many things people wanted in a Kerrigan rework...and that earlier in history the devs themselves said they wanted to address as well...was Kerrigan not being able to really use her abilities independently more often but always using the combo because of how overall useless W and E are seperately thereby making her rather predictable. I don't see that changing.

Also with Primal Grasp now designed like this the counterplay to it will probably be pretty high.

On the other hand many other changes to her look nice thus far so I do reserve final judgement for when we see how they changed her Impaling Blades and how talents affect that ability as well as how certain talents may affect Primal Grasp. Who knows, maybe they made this change because certain talents with it would make the damage too high in the long run.

I just hope she doesn't turn into a "poor man's Genji".

Personally I'm hoping for talents that let me actually fight heroes like Tracer, Illidan, Genji, etc. when playing Kerrigan and not "oh look Tracer...time to get infinitely kited and have all my abilities dodged." A Queen's Rush talent that works similar to Raynor's Giddy-Up would be a good START, lol.

I think having an AoE delayed damage burst is more valuable than having a 114 damage limited cone shaped ability.

At face value, sure, it doesn't look like much of a buff to her combo. However, it turns kerrigan from a single target blow-up machine, to having some serious area value.

The thing to remember is that sometimes delaying the damage actually grants you MORE damage. I envision a lot of scenarios where:

1.) Kerrigan player hits a combo on an assassin
2.) Deathball fight ensues because once an assassin is Kerri-Combo'd the tank either gets in there or lets the assassin die.
3.) Now Kerrigan is going to AoE burst on 2-3 heroes instead of doing 114 damage to the primary target

Kerrigan engage is very good at forcing a death ball, which is why I say things like "At her current state, with her current damage numbers, if they don't tweak numbers in certain areas she is going to be out of control"

Kerrigan has always been "strong". Her issue was she was mana hungry, had 1 talent build, and was a VERY niche pick because you almost had to last pick her vs a CC light team with weak early game heals in order to get value from her. It's why she constantly stays in the top 5 for hero win rates, but always has like a 5-10% pick rate.

If you start making her kit versatile enough that she becomes safer to play (like the "ice block-esk" ability, and having multiple Q jumps) without tuning down her damage numbers, she can be very oppressive.

And this is coming from someone who was begging for a Kerrigan rework because I love the hero. But I'm not going to be blind to the obvious that if her kit goes live without adjusting damage values, she is going to be 60-65% win rate with 30-40% popularity. Which is dangerous.
09/15/2018 07:12 AMPosted by TheDutchMan
I think having an AoE delayed damage burst is more valuable than having a 114 damage limited cone shaped ability.

At face value, sure, it doesn't look like much of a buff to her combo. However, it turns kerrigan from a single target blow-up machine, to having some serious area value.

The thing to remember is that sometimes delaying the damage actually grants you MORE damage. I envision a lot of scenarios where:

1.) Kerrigan player hits a combo on an assassin
2.) Deathball fight ensues because once an assassin is Kerri-Combo'd the tank either gets in there or lets the assassin die.
3.) Now Kerrigan is going to AoE burst on 2-3 heroes instead of doing 114 damage to the primary target

Kerrigan engage is very good at forcing a death ball, which is why I say things like "At her current state, with her current damage numbers, if they don't tweak numbers in certain areas she is going to be out of control"

Kerrigan has always been "strong". Her issue was she was mana hungry, had 1 talent build, and was a VERY niche pick because you almost had to last pick her vs a CC light team with weak early game heals in order to get value from her. It's why she constantly stays in the top 5 for hero win rates, but always has like a 5-10% pick rate.

If you start making her kit versatile enough that she becomes safer to play (like the "ice block-esk" ability, and having multiple Q jumps) without tuning down her damage numbers, she can be very oppressive.

And this is coming from someone who was begging for a Kerrigan rework because I love the hero. But I'm not going to be blind to the obvious that if her kit goes live without adjusting damage values, she is going to be 60-65% win rate with 30-40% popularity. Which is dangerous.

A 2.5 second delay on her pulse means that everyone except one person she sticks to is going to avoid the pulse...so no. I mean unless we are talking about low skill players that just stand next to her. Oh and better hope the one you are sticking to doesn't have a mobility ability lol. Also for many heroes 180 damage is a tickle.

Kerrigan hasn't forced a deathball since her nerfs ages ago...she is one of the easiest heroes in the game to trade into and to kill. She is considered the least viable of the viable assassins on Grubby's tierlist if you use that kind of thing.

As I said...I REALLY hope I'm wrong and she turns into a murder machine. If I am wrong and she does is that so bad? Melee assassins have the short end of the stick in this game...the devs just need to rework them into bruisers and be done with it. Melee assassins are fun to play in other MOBA's, they have too many downsides in this one. It would be nice to see a melee assassin be relevant for a change in the "murders players" category instead of ranged god tier Raynor.

This sort of "GET YOUR NERFBATS READY!" mentality is what ruined most of the stealth heroes. Including poor Nova who is ranged.

Also a hero with low popularity and high winrate needs some of the winrate shaved off to adjust for the winrate being inflated...Probius has a high winrate but we can all agree he sucks.