Please oh please dont rework towers of doom too

General Discussion
I've had the most exciting games on that map

please stop making everything play the same for the sake of esports.

i beg of you , dont rework your last unique map

please stop taking away all the things we used to love about this game ;(
09/16/2018 11:41 AMPosted by CheesyBob

please stop making everything play the same for the sake of esports.

i beg of you , dont rework your last unique map

please stop taking away all the things we used to love about this game ;(

I think its safe to say the players like TOD a lot. So there is little chance it will be changed at all. Hanamura was never a pro map nor was Haunted mines. Garden Terror has consistently been voted out of the map pool by the players in the HGC so it was also rework worthy.

TOD is fine.
ToD in my experience is the most misplayed map in the game. People can't seem to grasp it.
09/16/2018 02:50 PMPosted by phaseshifter
ToD in my experience is the most misplayed map in the game. People can't seem to grasp it.

I have higher winrate on that map than any other map. The reason being so many people simply ignoring altars, and not understanding they deal irreversible core damage.

Sure you can pressure enemies by taking keeps and threatening to do core damage by controlling all towers, but the biggest misplay I see is people simply brawling, fighting, doing camps etc. while I grab 2 or even 3 altars alone. They don't even bother interrupting the channel.

If the enemy is channeling an altar you should do everything in your power to stop them. It's one of the few objectives worth even dying over if you can buy extra time for your team to capture it. It's not like other objectives in the game that spawn you a large minion or give you siege bonuses, each altar at default damage permanently deals 10% core damage which can't be undone.

More than half the players I go against don't prioritize altars and they are of all MMR ranges. Except Masters who will usually always do everything (including using heroics) to stop altar channels.
oh no way, are they saying somewhere they will rework ToD?
09/16/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Numba2Pencil
oh no way, are they saying somewhere they will rework ToD?

I don't think so. I believe the Op is trying to get in front of it because if you wait until a change is announced, it's too late. So...

+1, ToD is fine. No changes needed.
I'm pretty sure Towers has consistently been a favorite map of pro-teams, and has had very entertaining comebacks in the e-sports scene. I think its safe from being reworked anytime soon. :)
They're reworking TOD as well. When you capture 3 towers they will send stronger minions into the lanes.
Too late, in the new TOD rework after channeling a tower a headless horseman will spawn in each lane to push the objective.
Towers of Doom Rework
>capture 3 towers
>Spawn boss mobs to push lanes
>walls replaced with standard forts and towers
ToD is one of the most popular HCG maps. It would be a huge mistake to touch it.
Three Raven lords push a lines. Freshly, Fashionably, Witty.
09/17/2018 01:34 AMPosted by Amei
ToD is one of the most popular HCG maps. It would be a huge mistake to touch it.

09/16/2018 01:44 PMPosted by MrFizzbin761
I think its safe to say the players like TOD a lot. So there is little chance it will be changed at all. Hanamura was never a pro map nor was Haunted mines. Garden Terror has consistently been voted out of the map pool by the players in the HGC so it was also rework worthy.

Despite this there are plenty of 'remove ToD from the rotation/game threads' so you never really know.
So every single map is turning into the same thing

Homogenization strikes HOTS

And its what made WoW a bore
stop giving them ideas.
i would rather have a rework of towers of doom than garden of terror
09/16/2018 11:41 AMPosted by CheesyBob

It's super rare for me to have a close game on TOD. Almost always a blowout one way or the other. But, in the rare close game, it's pretty exciting.