Cassia and Mephisto

General Discussion
I feel it is very uninspired that a D2 class and a D2 boss don't share a specific banter at the beginning of a match. I don't remember what Mephisto said but Cassia simply answers "The Skari are ready".

Really? After 30 years you meet an old enemy in your team and that is what you have to say?
They can't bring a voice actor just to make 1 new line for Cassia because they release mephisto. I believe even meph and diablo dont have a voice line because when they made diablo, meph was not in game.
09/24/2018 02:35 PMPosted by SoulFilcher
I feel it is very uninspired that a D2 class and a D2 boss don't share a specific banter at the beginning of a match. I don't remember what Mephisto said but Cassia simply answers "The Skari are ready".

Really? After 30 years you meet an old enemy in your team and that is what you have to say?

Would she even recognize him?
She fought him while he was possessing someone. she’s never seen his actual form, just the floaty skeleton guy they curb stomped.
09/24/2018 02:48 PMPosted by DomiNation
They can't bring a voice actor just to make 1 new line for Cassia because they release mephisto. I believe even meph and diablo dont have a voice line because when they made diablo, meph was not in game.
Yeah, but it seems like a major oversight to not record "just in case" voicelines for Mephisto!

I mean, Tyrande supposedly has voicefiles for interactions with Queen Azshara (spelling?), Lady Vashj, and Shandris, but none of them are in game (yet), and Tyrande was released years ago.
Ok, I just had a Mephisto in my team and they do have a specific banter, but for some reason the first time I met him as Cassia they used a generic one, so this might have been a bug.
Yeah it's probably too much trouble at this point to bring in an actor for a few new lines. It's the same problem with Raynor not having new voice interactions with Fenix.
Mephisto has specific interactions for those heroes but not all of them can return it. Diablo responds to him with a generic Diablo Evil banter (all skin variants) despite Mephisto having 3 different specific lines for various Diablo skin variants (D2, D3 and angelic).

His killing D2 hero line is really funny. He makes reference to needing to kill them again, multiple times, due to bad drops lol.
09/24/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Dagordae
09/24/2018 02:35 PMPosted by SoulFilcher

She fought him while he was possessing someone. she’s never seen his actual form, just the floaty skeleton guy they curb stomped.

I'm preeeeetty sure hots Mephisto still resembles the floating spine with 4 arms and skull-with-huge-horns we fought in D2.
Holy crap do people not look for youtube dialogue quotes?

There's a ton of voicelines mephisto has with other characters, he's both shocked diablo became an archangel with his skin and greets his brother. When he kills him he says basically "keep up the deception that we are fighting brother" so on and so forth.

It's a really popular channel he datamines all the voicelines for all characters and announcers.
09/24/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Tazrizen

There's a ton of voicelines mephisto has with other characters, he's both shocked diablo became an archangel with his skin and greets his brother. When he kills him he says basically "keep up the deception that we are fighting brother" so on and so forth.
I think the gripes come from older characters not getting new lines responding to new characters. Which I get, but is probably more trouble than it's worth. A lot of them say generic voice lines when Mephisto says something more unique.
09/24/2018 11:37 PMPosted by CYBERSTALKER

I think the gripes come from older characters not getting new lines responding to new characters. Which I get, but is probably more trouble than it's worth. A lot of them say generic voice lines when Mephisto says something more unique.

No, no, he has those too.

Just there is a lot of randomness.

https://youtu.be/hK4rpdZkU84
09/24/2018 10:44 PMPosted by ChefNasty
09/24/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Dagordae

I'm preeeeetty sure hots Mephisto still resembles the floating spine with 4 arms and skull-with-huge-horns we fought in D2.
Not to mention that he blabbers about being the Lord of Hatred a lot.

It's a really popular channel he datamines all the voicelines for all characters and announcers.

I got a generic banter once and then the specific one once. So I guess there may be a bug where sometimes the game uses a generic line when a specific one exists for that hero combination. Considering some of the cases people said here that might be it.