This department has worked 0 days without Genji complaints

General Discussion
The best previous record was 0 days.

You can prevent Genji complaints.
Genji has been nerfed so much I think he's earned the right to complain a little. :)
Genji, Genji, Genji, Genji, Genji.

Mada Mada >:з
09/21/2018 06:12 AMPosted by Morthion
Genji has been nerfed so much I think he's earned the right to complain a little. :)

Chen says hi lol

i say nerf him more.

he has such a dedicated playerbase that they need to make him feel absolutely useless.

I mean, do we REALLY want the players in our game who play him 50% of the time, but only yield a 45% winrate?

that means half of all HL games he is present in, and he loses 55% of them. Im not an epic statistician, but something tell me thats not a good split.

lets be honest. genji players are just stupid.

even in master/dia. 48% winrate. 58% pick rate. So for a 8% increase in pick. in a league thats lopsided towards a higher winrate, you only get 3% more wins. Im not a betting man, but those seem like obviously bad odds.

and for all you "high skill ceiling" people. even in master league only he has 73% popularity and 49.9% wins. So even in the mode he has the most chance of having over 50% winrate, he still cant muster it. 23% increase in popularity with only a 4.9% increase in winrate.
09/21/2018 06:15 AMPosted by MySelf

Chen says hi lol

Take my beer (c) Tassadar
09/21/2018 06:18 AMPosted by DrLogan

Tassadar is still fun though, I don't get Genji players.
09/21/2018 06:15 AMPosted by LordShoe
even in master/dia. 48% winrate. 58% pick rate. So for a 8% increase in pick. in a league thats lopsided towards a higher winrate, you only get 3% more wins. Im not a betting man, but those seem like obviously bad odds.

and for all you "high skill ceiling" people. even in master league only he has 73% popularity and 49.9% wins. So even in the mode he has the most chance of having over 50% winrate, he still cant muster it. 23% increase in popularity with only a 4.9% increase in winrate.

I assume you're looking at last 7 days after the patch, correct?

https://www.hotslogs.com/Sitewide/HeroAndMapStatistics

Filter 4 weeks and Genji has a 53.3% winrate in Master only.

This is actually major nerf in Genji's winrate, as pre patch he had 55%+ winrate in Master only. This can be verified by selecting the 4 weeks prior to this week. (Week of 9/16/18 to Week of 8/26/18) This is all with a 73% popularity.

The most likely cause of this is players not being used to the new Swift Strike damage value. Players have been used to his scaling to get E resets and what's been happening is that Genji players have overestimated their damage output being used to prepatch damage values. I've seen this personally in some of my HL games which left Genji stranded.
Give it a week or two and WR's will normalize in Master/GM.
09/21/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Minky
09/21/2018 06:18 AMPosted by DrLogan

Tassadar is still fun though, I don't get Genji players.

You should find some time to read my posts about Tassadar.
Genji while he is in my top 6 most annoying heroes has been nerfed pretty damn severely.

But that's what happens when you design a hero that has an invulnerable, a kill move that negates terrain and doubles as an escape, a built in escape, and an ultimate that can result in 3 escapes. When you stack too many blatantly overpowered abilities on a hero usually the hero hovers between ban worthy OP pre nerf and underpowered post nerf(s).

I think it's a necessary evil, his numbers can always be adjusted and brought back up if he is too weak, Swift Strike is still hands down one of the strongest abilities in the game though,
Those high popularity, low performance stats still hold true in HGC - https://masterleague.net/hero/genji/

In fact, the popularity is even higher despite a negative winrate. In the right hands and circumstances, he's unbeatable, but those circumstances aren't always clear.

I hate this hero. I am sick of seeing him. His kit is unbalanceable.
Genji was and is the most problematic hero in this game when it comes to basekit balance. Btw they nerfed him again.

I would appreciate a rework that makes this character also viable in lower leagues and take away the stuff which makes him the most problematic hero.
09/21/2018 12:36 PMPosted by aubergine
most problematic hero in this game when it comes to basekit balance.

It's because they overloaded Swift Strike with 5 insanely powerful aspects baseline

Instant AoE damage
Longest teleport in the game
Goes through walls
Resets on kill
Refunds mana cost

Wtf was Blizzard even thinking, of course having abilities like these make Genji a balance nightmare. This is why you don't carelessly pack a dozen different talents into a single basic ability.

On a properly balanced Hero, Swift Strike would not do damage, it would not go through walls, it would not reset on kills, and it would not refund mana. Instead these would all be talents.

See Illidan's Dive, of which Swift Strike is basically a 10x better version for no good reason.
SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS
YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS

SPAWN MORE POLYMORPHS
I love how a after someone points out Genji's low win rate, a bunch of people complain that his kit is imbalanced and OP...

Genji's popularity, and his massive complaints are directly tied.
He's popular. So people encounter him often. He's a finisher, who sucks at pretty much everything else. So people remember when he kills them and escapes (do you bother to notice all the times he's sucking at killing minions or mercs or has absolute crap poke so is being kind of useless until his allies whittle someone down?) So there are a lot of complaints about him. And since there are a lot of complaints about him, people feel he must be really strong. So he's popular.
Genji was and is the most problematic hero in this game when it comes to basekit balance. Btw they nerfed him again.

I would appreciate a rework that makes this character also viable in lower leagues and take away the stuff which makes him the most problematic hero.

That would garbage bin Genji right away. The issue is BLizzard even making Genji in the first place. Now the mistake can't be undone without completely destroying the hero.
09/23/2018 12:29 AMPosted by Bou
It's because they overloaded Swift Strike with 5 insanely powerful aspects baseline

Genji was and is the most problematic hero in this game when it comes to basekit balance.

09/21/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Beelzebub
When you stack too many blatantly overpowered abilities on a hero usually the hero hovers between ban worthy OP pre nerf and underpowered post nerf(s).

Pretty much.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Genji has no place in a game like heroes. Regardless of how balanced he is, his kit is simply built for frustration. He works in an FPS where things like aiming and low TTK help keep him in check. People still complaining about him should be a surprise to no one.
''Groundhog Day.''
he's hell to fight against in single lane brawl, one of the worst to fight,
but not THE worst (that is kael)