Can anyone deny that hots is at a better place now than last year?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
09/24/2018 10:55 PMPosted by T3k61rl
09/24/2018 08:45 PMPosted by KingOfNubz
Gold only comes from the daily quests now.

What? I just finished a QM, 20G for match completed and 10G for Victory.

Seems like derailing.
What kind of rubbish brown nosing post is this?

This game is hanging by a thread. Heroes 2.0 actually brought alot of new players into the game.

Over time, many have quit and now we are at a point where the dearth of players is causing horrible issues with queue timings and matchmaking quality.

On the eSports front.... players have always come and go. But right now, we are witnessing the top players from top teams quitting the game. That speaks volumes. When even the guys at the top decide that this game isn't worth their time....

People got so excited with the increase in viewership for HGC, coz they were too naive to realize it's completely driven by the Twitch drop rewards. Once those rewards were over, viewership once again dropped down to pathetic levels.

There's no more way up for this game. If you think HotS is in a better place now than it was last year, you are completely delusional.
09/24/2018 09:39 PMPosted by QuantumThief
No its worse.

Matchmaking sucks. Report system sucks.

But those sucked just as bad at this time last year... You can just look at forum posts from this time last year to tell.
people are so detached from the game that take the word of someone claiming they don't get gold after a match at face value without bothering to notice its wrong?

Hi ui that indicates a hefty bit of the incentive for stims is boosted gold -- which doesn't apply to daily rewards -- glad some of the customers here are sufficiently gifted to think through the implications of losing that perk.
Or ya know, notice the icon for their first win of that day boosted xp and gold.

Granted, I could just assume the sort to jump on the 'zomg no gold!' train might be the sort to not actually get wins to trigger 'first day' bonues, but ya know, it'd be easier to just assume people aren't playing and thus don't have a point of reference for stuff they want to be informed about.

Cuz afteral, the game is just 'so bad' people take to heart anything they assume to make the game worse cuz that's what they want to hear.

Quality feedback, quality opinions. Much informed, very wow.
09/24/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Flinx
09/24/2018 09:39 PMPosted by QuantumThief
No its worse.

Matchmaking sucks. Report system sucks.

But those sucked just as bad at this time last year... You can just look at forum posts from this time last year to tell.

Cherry picking. Report system got worse.
09/24/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Xenterex
people are so detached from the game that take the word of someone claiming they don't get gold after a match at face value without bothering to notice its wrong?

Hi ui that indicates a hefty bit of the incentive for stims is boosted gold -- which doesn't apply to daily rewards -- glad some of the customers here are sufficiently gifted to think through the implications of losing that perk.
Or ya know, notice the icon for their first win of that day boosted xp and gold.

Granted, I could just assume the sort to jump on the 'zomg no gold!' train might be the sort to not actually get wins to trigger 'first day' bonues, but ya know, it'd be easier to just assume people aren't playing and thus don't have a point of reference for stuff they want to be informed about.

Cuz afteral, the game is just 'so bad' people take to heart anything they assume to make the game worse cuz that's what they want to hear.

Quality feedback, quality opinions. Much informed, very wow.

Like I said, derailing. You're not even talking about the main post.
09/24/2018 11:21 PMPosted by Rationail
09/24/2018 11:06 PMPosted by Flinx

Cherry picking. Report system got worse.

I disagree. This time last year you could report someone a million times and nothing would get done... Now it has switched to the other end of the scale: Too much happens from reporting. I personally think that nothing happening is worse, but both are really bad.
I noticed my interest in HoTs begin to decline when they added one of my favorite WoW characters Garrosh as one of the most boring and gimmicky heroes to play as, who is one of the very few heroes in the game that is forced to rely on teammates to be as effective as possible.(Medivh and Illidan also fit into this category)The only noticeable source they seemed to have pulled from is from the non-canon Hearthstone, which I thought was pretty rediculous. I just feel like with the incarnations and different versions of Garrosh and they literally choose the parody for a card game.

Ever since then, there really hasn’t been much pulling me back in other than the occasional new hero. I’ve recently returned to the game for a bit for Mephisto, but other than that there really hasn’t been anything to really keep my interests imo. I’m sure some people enjoy the hero reworks that replace new heroes sometimes, but nearly all of them have been for heroes I don’t play, sure I’m happy for the people who’ve been begging and waiting but for me it doesn’t really drag me in like a new hero would.

The MM, while it has improved ever so slightly, is still pretty wonky. Abnoxious heroes like Genji are in a majority of my games, who make it so when I want to play any ranged hero or any support, I need to be as miserable and frustrated as possible.

Idk, I just feel like the interest of the playerbase and the devs are probably the lowest they’ve ever been(even if IGN has recently bumped up their rating from a 6 to an 8). I’m just waiting it out till Blizz-con in the hopes that what they announce this year will re-ignite the passion I had once had for this game. That will determine whether I’m going to just take a few months hiatus or not.

Here’s to hoping.
Compared to a year ago HotS is circling the drain. I keep hoping blizzard will pull their heads out of their collective asses but I am slowly coming to the realization that Blizzard would rather kill their entire company combating "toxicity" then admit that their current campaign is a bad idea and won't work.
No PBMM as promised... we've been waiting for centuries.
Off to play something else.
If you take into account the mayhem right after pbmmr fiasco then maybe ...
09/24/2018 11:22 PMPosted by Rationail

Gonna clue you in on some magic here:

1) your post didn't exist at the time I was writing mine, but don't take that into consideration, clearly I have magic refresh and psychic powers to be able to tell you would do that, and should thus know otherwise.

2) You're not talking about the main topic now, so you are derailing to fixate on detailing.

3) not all posts are about the OP to pertain to the discussion at hand — another wonderful consideration you didn't... consider. Fancy that.

4) part of your 'derailment' was to revel in the OP being 'drowned out', to which the reverse of that ('celebration') would be the post declaring the missing of gold. If the crux of 'drowning' out the OP is based on misinformation, then correcting that information is not only pertinent to the topic, but a service to the board to prevent the spreading of incorrect information. Cuz part of the function of forums is to also be a useful resources to players and not just a venting outlet.

5) given my previous exchanges with you, you're not keen on dealing with 'correct' information and would rather revel in hearsay if it suits your personal vendetta with the game. This is especially more so the case as you've evidently decided to repeat some of your drivel from previous topics that indicates you weren't particularly keen in getting "drowned out" in your own topics. Which further cements the double-standard presented.

6) shifting back to an earlier point, the aspect of gold, the 'refute' of the OP is particular to not having as much gold as prior to 2.0. The issue with the claim is that gold is more accessible now than it was previously. Raising the hero level limit increases the yield of rewards by adding in routine gold rewards via hero level (that come faster than they did before too) give access to stim packs from loot boxes, or the occasional player level offers enough in-game currency to buy stim packs without needing to spend, which similarly boosts gold gains.

So in that regard, both the claim of not getting gold is wrong, but the implied point of comparison is also wrong. Pointing that out is a part of the contrast being last year to this year, and is thus pertinent to the topic.

However, that is likely information you didn't know, so of course its not a consideration on what you personally think applies to the topic. However, the 'topic' isn't about just [you] or your personal interests, but you seem to think that and assume the topic revolves around you in being particular on remaining on topic only in so far as that suits [you].

Ironically, my reply here is both pertinent to the topic, but also includes a wondeful fixation on you, and while I'm not slandering the game and OP, of course your particulars will think this to be 'derailing' as, *ahem*, like I said, you're not keen on being honest in that regard, nor are you keen on the particulars of what consists of a useful venture of the forums aside from 'directly' talking about the 'main post' — which ya know, (or dont :P) demonstrates a lack of interest or capacity in connected pertinent information via implied or inferred information, esp in sofar as the context doesn't suit you personally.

So congrats on being the among those, like I said, in my previous reply where posters demonstrate their willingness to be informed in their feedback here.

Good on you, good on you.
09/24/2018 09:05 PMPosted by Vailent
09/24/2018 08:38 PMPosted by Shadowmere
Blizzard gets alot of hate, but lets be honest. This game has seen some amazing improvements over the past year.
I will NEVER forgive them for what they did to Chromie. NEVER.

Same about TASSADAR!
I have mixed feelings about it.

I think the balance team is doing a great job overall, not always hitting the nail on the head every time but they are really trying (one exception : genji has a broken kit until there will be more "point and click to stun" heroes, come on it's obvious).

Art team is doing a great job.

But the report system (and probably other stuff too) has driven many people away from the game when a moba needs a high population for a matchmaker to work properly.
The Good: Raynor, Lunara, Azmodan, and tyrande are all viable now.

Raynor is finally viable after he had to be tuned down like 3-4 times but still considered strong. But if they tune him even more down he will get back to the spot he was before the rework.
Azmodan was always viable....LUL
Tyrande i can agree on, even if a lot of ppl don't agree with her changes :)

And....Lunara viable....NOW?
She was viable even before the changes. Some changes are really nice on her, like the Nature's culling on 4 but that's the only positive change.
Her burst talent was moved to 7 (nice change), but got a requirement of 3 poison stcks for max (nerf). Her lvl 13 power spike was moved to 16 and since both lvl 13 dmg upg talents were moved or merged she has 1 less dmg upg talent during the entire match (massive nerf), untill lvl 20 and the new Intensifying toxim talent is like worthless since you either go for the Choaking pollen and Leap combo to have a good single target kill potential, or go for Splintered spear / Thornwood and get out healed by the healers till lvl 16 (so you just stat pad between lvl 7/10 and 16).

Before the rework, Lunara was a challenging hero to play but she was really powerfull. After the rework she was made "User friendly" so it takes less skill to play her good and get value for it. The only thing that makes Lunara good atm is that she has very high PvE dmg after 4 ...
So in short: She's a cheap budget Nazeebo replica in terms of gameplay cause you have to lane and soak exp to get to the late game (if you wana be able to do real PvP dmg) cause if you don't reach lvl 16-20 you don't do real dmg anymore.

It really makes me feel sick to see a well balanced character who didn't received any major buff/nerf for 22 month and was still viable in HL and in HGC as well getting degraded to a mere Nazeebo lvl.
Heroes getting nerfed cause badies can't hsndle them.

Maps being streamlined and unique mechanics removed.

Match making getting worse by each patch
09/25/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Xenterex
09/24/2018 11:22 PMPosted by Rationail

Gonna clue you in on some magic here:

1) your post didn't exist at the time I was writing mine, but don't take that into consideration, clearly I have magic refresh and psychic powers to be able to tell you would do that, and should thus know otherwise.

2) You're not talking about the main topic now, so you are derailing to fixate on detailing.

3) not all posts are about the OP to pertain to the discussion at hand — another wonderful consideration you didn't... consider. Fancy that.

4) part of your 'derailment' was to revel in the OP being 'drowned out', to which the reverse of that ('celebration') would be the post declaring the missing of gold. If the crux of 'drowning' out the OP is based on misinformation, then correcting that information is not only pertinent to the topic, but a service to the board to prevent the spreading of incorrect information. Cuz part of the function of forums is to also be a useful resources to players and not just a venting outlet.

5) given my previous exchanges with you, you're not keen on dealing with 'correct' information and would rather revel in hearsay if it suits your personal vendetta with the game. This is especially more so the case as you've evidently decided to repeat some of your drivel from previous topics that indicates you weren't particularly keen in getting "drowned out" in your own topics. Which further cements the double-standard presented.

6) shifting back to an earlier point, the aspect of gold, the 'refute' of the OP is particular to not having as much gold as prior to 2.0. The issue with the claim is that gold is more accessible now than it was previously. Raising the hero level limit increases the yield of rewards by adding in routine gold rewards via hero level (that come faster than they did before too) give access to stim packs from loot boxes, or the occasional player level offers enough in-game currency to buy stim packs without needing to spend, which similarly boosts gold gains.

So in that regard, both the claim of not getting gold is wrong, but the implied point of comparison is also wrong. Pointing that out is a part of the contrast being last year to this year, and is thus pertinent to the topic.

However, that is likely information you didn't know, so of course its not a consideration on what you personally think applies to the topic. However, the 'topic' isn't about just [you] or your personal interests, but you seem to think that and assume the topic revolves around you in being particular on remaining on topic only in so far as that suits [you].

Ironically, my reply here is both pertinent to the topic, but also includes a wondeful fixation on you, and while I'm not slandering the game and OP, of course your particulars will think this to be 'derailing' as, *ahem*, like I said, you're not keen on being honest in that regard, nor are you keen on the particulars of what consists of a useful venture of the forums aside from 'directly' talking about the 'main post' — which ya know, (or dont :P) demonstrates a lack of interest or capacity in connected pertinent information via implied or inferred information, esp in sofar as the context doesn't suit you personally.

So congrats on being the among those, like I said, in my previous reply where posters demonstrate their willingness to be informed in their feedback here.

Good on you, good on you.

You needed me to post it sooner so you could see it to know not to derail? No. You derailed all on your own, not deliberately in the face of someone pointing out derailing tactics. Big deal. And you continue to derail even now deliberately, so you derail when not knowing it and when knowing it.
09/25/2018 02:41 AMPosted by Offline65
The Good: Raynor, Lunara, Azmodan, and tyrande are all viable now.

Raynor is finally viable after he had to be tuned down like 3-4 times but still considered strong. But if they tune him even more down he will get back to the spot he was before the rework.
Azmodan was always viable....LUL
Tyrande i can agree on, even if a lot of ppl don't agree with her changes :)

And....Lunara viable....NOW?
She was viable even before the changes. Some changes are really nice on her, like the Nature's culling on 4 but that's the only positive change.
Her burst talent was moved to 7 (nice change), but got a requirement of 3 poison stcks for max (nerf). Her lvl 13 power spike was moved to 16 and since both lvl 13 dmg upg talents were moved or merged she has 1 less dmg upg talent during the entire match (massive nerf), untill lvl 20 and the new Intensifying toxim talent is like worthless since you either go for the Choaking pollen and Leap combo to have a good single target kill potential, or go for Splintered spear / Thornwood and get out healed by the healers till lvl 16 (so you just stat pad between lvl 7/10 and 16).

Before the rework, Lunara was a challenging hero to play but she was really powerfull. After the rework she was made "User friendly" so it takes less skill to play her good and get value for it. The only thing that makes Lunara good atm is that she has very high PvE dmg after 4 ...
So in short: She's a cheap budget Nazeebo replica in terms of gameplay cause you have to lane and soak exp to get to the late game (if you wana be able to do real PvP dmg) cause if you don't reach lvl 16-20 you don't do real dmg anymore.

It really makes me feel sick to see a well balanced character who didn't received any major buff/nerf for 22 month and was still viable in HL and in HGC as well getting degraded to a mere Nazeebo lvl.

Lunara was one of my favorite heroes pre-rework. Now something is off about her. She feels weaker somehow but stronger in the wrong ways. She gets a power spike at 20 and she feels weak without it.
Wow Im concerned that so many think this game is trash.

- Matchmaking has never been better. Why? Blizzard made changes so you get grouped up against/with players closer to your rank. Now dont get me started on QM since QM is for leveling up heroes or trolling. That wont change.

- Balance has never been better. Why? Games need to change constantly to introduce new elements for the player base. Now this happens to all games out there except if there are no money left. But, there are no more OP heroes, except for Mephisto. Have you ever been in that spot where you dont know what to pick? Congratulations, Blizzard has made all heroes so balanced that there are no obvious picks.

- Stupid to just mention gold income.. Loot chests have been a game changer in the development scene. Mainly because it brings an additional income = more money = improve the game = larger player base = more money = more improvments.
There are some questionable decisions like the stealth nerf, and the coming GoT change. But yeah, the game is better overall.