There's nothing "bad" or "toxic" about being angry

General Discussion
when blizzard's sell-out matchmaker pairs you up with a scrub or newb who is losing and who is way under experienced to be in that particular game (something they do to drive microtransaction revenue).

this is a blizzard problem, not a customer/user problem.

anybody who has passion for their hobby or something they've spent a lot of time trying to learn / do correctly is naturally going to be angry when some idiot is in their game doing idiot things that ruin the teams chances to win .. something that happens all too often in this game ..

you are a human being, it's ok to have emotional reactions to frustration .. this is life ..

it's intellectually weak for blizzard to ban people for being frustrated in this game
Because I think you're trolling, I'll just ask - Do you really need it explained why your point of view is incorrect?
09/21/2018 10:44 AMPosted by FrostFawks
Because I think you're trolling, I'll just ask - Do you really need it explained why your point of view is incorrect?

good luck convincing him......
There is absolutely nothing wrong with getting frustrated. There is nothing wrong with getting angry. The problem is how you act once your angry or frustrated. What you do is entirely your choice, and if you choose to harass others because of your anger of frustration then you get “punished”.

Does their report system work great? Probably not. But is such a system fundamentally wrong? No.
Try being happy.
Mute angry players. Mute mediocre players for all.
Being angry is understandable (and fine.)

Taking out your anger on your teammates is not fine.
I just yell out loud...stupid (*&*^&^%*&% he )*&(&(*& then )((*&*&^*^.

Wife just asks...got stuck with a new player?

Never bottle anger up, it's not good for you.
If you're on your cell phone having a conversation that's going bad for you.... do you scream and yell and have a tantrum swearing and all that? Do you do that in public?
What if you were on a bus? Can I scream and yell at someone then? Is that the sign of an intellectual? Because there is nothing wrong with being angry.

Reign in your emotions and / or learn to deal with them properly. The world is not here to be your rage pillow.
09/21/2018 10:38 AMPosted by Medicare4ALL
matchmaker pairs you up with a scrub or newb who is losing

these are deffo not red flags that the problem with every team you get is you.
the only reason it's not ok to express frustration over a teammate in this game, is because he isn't really a teammate, but a random person that you will likely never see on your team again. so it's kinda pointless both short term (he'll likely miss your point) and long term (even if he gets it, you'll likely never play with him again anyway).

In actual teams, that have a reasonably stable roster, conflicts could be a very useful thing.
09/21/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Deshara
matchmaker pairs you up with a scrub or newb who is losing

i didn't say every game i said when it does happen and when the person is so noticeably bad relative to the rest of the group that it sticks out like a sore thumb

and when you try to educate that person with something simple and they continue to ignore and do boneheaded sh*t anyway is when i get very frustrated and share my displeasure with that person and let them know they are not only ruining their own game, they are ruining the game for everybody else on the team
you are a human being, it's ok to have emotional reactions to frustration .. this is life ..

it's intellectually weak for blizzard to ban people for being frustrated in this game

If situations got better every time you screamed and cried over bad things, life would be pretty easy.

There's nothing "intellectual" about getting angry at people in a video game. "Childish" is the word you're looking for.
09/21/2018 02:18 PMPosted by Medicare4ALL
09/21/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Deshara

i didn't say every game i said when it does happen and when the person is so noticeably bad relative to the rest of the group that it sticks out like a sore thumb

and when you try to educate that person with something simple and they continue to ignore and do boneheaded sh*t anyway is when i get very frustrated and share my displeasure with that person and let them know they are not only ruining their own game, they are ruining the game for everybody else on the team

I wasn't saying you said every game, I was saying the way you referred to your past teammates makes you look like the kind of person who causes their team to under-perform by being a prick
Like, I play HotS on a TV from a couch, and I have two TVs right next to eachother. If my teammate is being a prick, I spend either a death timer or the match setup period to find something on Cable to watch and then I play without actually paying attention till the round is over.
I was in the military, literally got crash-coursed thru being able to deal with stress and getting shouted at -- was actually commended for how well I handled it (and shouted at for it by my drill sergeant lol), but even I'm not interested in putting my all in for a team with an a-hole on it, whereas a team that's at the very least decent to eachother & me I'll turn the second TV off, sit up and focus on bringing them a win.
And I find most of my teams are pretty decent, at worst. So, probably... the problem is you.
09/21/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Ruffhouse
If you're on your cell phone having a conversation that's going bad for you.... do you scream and yell and have a tantrum swearing and all that? Do you do that in public?
What if you were on a bus? Can I scream and yell at someone then? Is that the sign of an intellectual? Because there is nothing wrong with being angry.

Reign in your emotions and / or learn to deal with them properly. The world is not here to be your rage pillow.

Very much this. If it's not acceptable in real life, it's not acceptable online. People are still people and should be treated as such.
Do whatever you want, don't listen to adults that tell you to not cry or get angry or this and that, including me. But don't stop doing things just because other people find it not approppiate or because there is a law that doesn't want you to do it or because this and that. Just think about all options and the consequences, to you, to others, and just do what you think is best for the way you want to live your life. Some people like a calm life where everybody is smiling and obeying and not changing anything but there's people that can't stand living like that and want to break windows.

It's like low risk low reward, high risk high reward. Be very selfish but also help people.

Just be cool, you know?

If you are you, you will be cool.

If you try to be something that you are not, somehow it makes you not be cool.
I believe that anger should not be present at all in HotS, people should tell people how to be better in the future, encourage reading websites in a friendly way, tell them that reading on the community will help them understand the problems they have, ask them to watch YouTube of pros and (my personal favorite), funny moments/wtf moments/ epic wtf moments, all are great and show how epic people play in regular matches, or what playing poorly looks like.
Notice I didn't say "get angry at them and problems go away" I said,"help them go down the road of understanding that Medicare4ALL had to take according to himself." anger wont convince anyone you are right, pointing them in the right direction will help them.
09/21/2018 02:24 PMPosted by robertsonb
09/21/2018 01:24 PMPosted by Ruffhouse

Very much this. If it's not acceptable in real life, it's not acceptable online. People are still people and should be treated as such.
thing is, it's perfectly acceptable in real life. for many years I used to play soccer in group of 20-something people a few times a week. and while it was a generally peaceful environment, outbursts of anger happened all the time. you know, it's very easy to get angry when you're a testosterone-driven male in your early or mid-twenties, trying hard in a very demanding game where you can easily get hurt or even injured (and I don't mean emotionally hurt), only to see your teammate play overconfidently, or just plain dumb, and concede a decisive goal because of that. sometimes it escalated to actual fights. but guess what? I'm still friends or at least on good terms with many of those guys.

it's fine to be angry and it's fine to express it. it's just pointless specifically in hots pub games.
09/21/2018 02:52 PMPosted by TerranPride
09/21/2018 02:24 PMPosted by robertsonb

thing is, it's perfectly acceptable in real life. for many years I used to play soccer in group of 20-something people a few times a week. and while it was a generally peaceful environment, outbursts of anger happened all the time. you know, it's very easy to get angry when you're a testosterone-driven male in your early or mid-twenties, trying hard in a very demanding game where you can easily get hurt or even injured (and I don't mean emotionally hurt), only to see your teammate play overconfidently, or just plain dumb, and concede a decisive goal because of that. sometimes it escalated to actual fights. but guess what? I'm still friends or at least on good terms with many of those guys.

it's fine to be angry and it's fine to express it. it's just pointless specifically in hots pub games.

But those were ACTUAL teammates/friends.

If you were playing soccer with a bunch of people you had never met before and you spent the entire match cussing at them and criticizing everything they did, you would probably get beaten to a pulp as soon as the game was over... And if you get really toxic, they might not even wait that long.
To me, it makes sense to get angry in the game because I sense that you are all like this...

The thing you are doing here...

I don't care about people throwing or about rank or anything, I don't get angry when my team gets stomped, I don't care if someone does't know how to play, I help people, they help me, I get reported because I tell this and that, I never think about stuff, I just do whatever I want...

BUT... You telling someone that it's not ok because this and that...

That thing is like... OMG, and I kind of put myself on the shoes of the original poster. Like, I don't care what he or she was complaining or crying but you all saying stuff is like...

It's like... The game is Teen.

And you need to understand, you, the adult... Need to understand that things change. Someone at 15, 20 are not the same as when we were 15, 20.

Remember when our parents told us stuff? And that we thought like, OMG, things are not like that...

I wish all of you stupid adults stopped crying about children crying.

AI mode is for adults. Quickmatch is for teens. Ranked is for children.

I am for you.