Why Blizzard doesn't reply to Forums

General Discussion
I figured we could play a little game, and post our thoughts about why the Devs reply so infrequently on these forums.

My guess?
-They prefer the Reddit forums to their own

Whats yours?
It's not their "job" to type on the forums, and the fear that something will be "taken out of context" are the 2 excuses why the devs don't post on this forum.
They tend to avoid inquiries about Mei.
09/14/2018 09:52 AMPosted by MrPink
I figured we could play a little game, and post our thoughts about why the Devs reply so infrequently on these forums.

My guess?
-They prefer the Reddit forums to their own

Whats yours?

They post on reddit more because it's unofficial and they can't be held to anything they say there. Here their posts have weight so they're instructed not to say much of anything, so many of them just don't participate at all.

This is pretty consistent with other games that dial back community participation as they grow. Especially when every post is met with vitriol, abuse, and contrary quotebacks from other team members.

09/14/2018 09:54 AMPosted by Werbs713
It's not their "job" to type on the forums, and the fear that something will be "taken out of context" are the 2 excuses why the devs don't post on this forum.

Actually there's usually some team members jobs that are expressly community related. Participation in forums is typically part of that endeavor.
They used to chime in every once in a while but i haven't seen a blue post here for what feels like ages now.
They post on reddit more because it's unofficial and they can't be held to anything they say there.

I guess EA thought the same way by stating that 'grinding for gear gives a sense of accomplishment'. Even if unofficial, if they state something stupid, it can backfire.

I just wish it also backfired on the terror changes, but sadly it didnt (except on youtube itself).

And with that, my predictions are that the map is still going to get ignored in HGC.
Blizzard is completely disconnected. Dishing out reworks on Raynor, Azmodan, Mephisto, New map, Brightwing, Kerrigan.

How long has the matchmaking problem persisted? I was watching a Diamond 1 on twitch. The game never started and i left. She was talking about Tomb Raider. One that's on the launcher.

Are they going to copy paste their last excuse? *We are looking into it but it was a secret until now*
Anything they say here can, will, and has been taken out of context in extremes.
dev post: we r busy
ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
The Overwatch forum-system was reworked.
I figure they'll wait and see if thats improving forum-quality.

If it doesnt, well, then the unproductive-garbagefire of the hots-forums can be safely ignored for the rest of its lifetime.

Reddit has proven over the years to provide a certain kind of quality.
Classic forums - not so much.
This forum, as any other Blizz official forum, is a laughing stock of the internet.
They don't reply because they are paliticly correct liberals.

The don't want to offend. So they avoid conflict.
09/14/2018 09:52 AMPosted by MrPink
why the Devs reply so infrequently on these forums.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Blizzard has messed up over and over again with this game. They're avoiding giving us more ammunition to fire at them.

I'll be fair to Blizzard. Like all companies they do some things right and some things wrong, and forums tend to focus on the negatives.

Posting anything except fluff is a gamble with bad odds. People are just waiting for a dev to mess up so we can rip them apart. And I'm sure Blizzard is stupid enough to fire devs for "inappropriate community interaction", so why risk getting fired for something that's not even part of your job?

This is why they filter everything through AMAs, so they can make sure every word they say is officially approved.

------------------------------------------

Edited for Language by the Moderation Team.
https://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct
I posted this in another thread, but:

The reason why is because the conversation usually follows a certain pattern:

Blizzard Animator: This is a fun topic.
Forum Poster: Why aren't you working on the matchmaker, you lazy !@#$?

Blizzard Designer: We felt this was the best direction for the hero.
Forum Poster: You're lying!

Blizzard Designer: We had cereal for breakfast this morning.
Forum Poster: Last week you said you had sausage for breakfast! What a bunch of liars!

Blizzard Designer: According to our data, the sun comes up in the east.
Forum Poster: LOL do you even have somebody with a background in statistics analyzing your data?

Blizzard Designer: Our data shows that I clip my toenails every other Friday.
Forum Poster: Come on, everybody knows that you never clip your toenails at all.

Blizzard Designer: We're also trying to figure out a way to bring world peace.
Forum Poster (three months later): So where's this "world peace" they promised us, huh?
Well I prefer if the devs use their worktime to get work done instead of discussing with us. An answer here and there on hot topics wouldbe nice tho (like a comment on the insane queuetimes some people have, to a point where they can`t play the game outside of primetime).

Besides that it would be nice if the mainpage got a bit more love. The fact that I have to go to reddit/twitter to see the videos about the Garden/BW/Kerrigan-reworks shouldn`t be a thing.
Probably cause when they post something the community will always take it way out of proportion. Or twist and turn what they say. Or you get that 1 guy who will always ask a question not even related to the topic they’re responding too
Some of us have rabies and like to bite.
Because it would involve dealing with this hypocritical echo chamber hivemind. O no wait reddit.
like 80% of threads here are kinda pointless
Dunno why but blizzard has been very very reluctant to engage with their community for the past 10 years or so.

I think its because the general community is too broad with a ton of people and they only care about competitive players, at least thats how it feels to me.