Prediction: Ophelia Release at Blizzcon

General Discussion
She will come to the game, but not now I think. She has so much potential to have a good lore/story. And if they announce it at Blizzcon, the people would be speechless, not because they don't like her, but because we don't know anything about her.
they will for sure release anduin, hes the only hero from hearthstone not in hots and he is like main character in BFA, theres absolutely no chance he is not in development.
09/15/2018 10:43 AMPosted by MrMayhem
they will for sure release anduin, hes the only hero from hearthstone not in hots and he is like main character in BFA, theres absolutely no chance he is not in development.

You know, that could be pretty cool.

HotS is a fanfic paradise if Blizzard would simply tap into it imo - imagine adult Anduin and Varian fighting against the Raven Lord together. It's such a big platform to write about characters that don't have enough story.
09/14/2018 11:24 AMPosted by mada7
Im doubtful theyd go with an original character as that is not what people play this game for. This is the sorta equivalent of blizzard smash bros people don't want original characters they want their favorite lore characters

I'm a person, and I do want some original lore characters :P
Just a gentle reminder that the current event and the new comic are making me look pretty correct in my prediction!

:D
I enjoyed reading this thread and its replies.
09/14/2018 04:26 PMPosted by WillG
09/14/2018 11:24 AMPosted by mada7
Im doubtful theyd go with an original character as that is not what people play this game for. This is the sorta equivalent of blizzard smash bros people don't want original characters they want their favorite lore characters

Actually many people are really getting into the hole nexus lore. And while we obviously don’t want it to be the only thing they release people want to know more about the nexus.
Example being the mechastorm event and how successful that was. People loved it and the amount of people that bought those skins proves that.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with adding in a nexus hero. In fact I think would just add a whole new depth to the game.
HOTS started out intended to be just a Blizzard brawler, who’d know that people would want to know more and want more out of this ‘Nexus’.

lol the copyright infringment HotS animated series from China does a better job of lore than Blizzard themselves.
I think it's pretty probable
There's no way Orphea isn't going to be revealed at Blizzcon with how much they're pushing her.
Wow thanks for the spoiler
Plot twist: Orphea is released next, before Blizzcon :D
Who?
Release or not, it's blizzard's decision and they're not going to make changes with one month before Blizzcon.

I still think it's a bad idea to release such a controversial hero. Not everyone is on board like the idea of having Deathwing vs. Imperius for Blizzcon.

I don't mind having 1 or 2 original heroes, but let's save that for other MOBA's like league where they don't have heroes from established universes to pull from.
One, I think it would be a terrible move from Blizzard. Every original hero takes the spot from a possible niche-fan favorite (like Whitemane, who's meming it all over the place now).

Second, Ophelia is the Spider Queen in disguise. She throws purple energy waves like the web weavers and her name is related to some kind of arachnoid RL.
09/25/2018 05:53 AMPosted by IMBAlanced
I don't mind having 1 or 2 original heroes, but let's save that for other MOBA's like league where they don't have heroes from established universes to pull from.

A huge problem I see is that players think that the devs will replace heroes from other games with original heroes. And that's not gonna happen. We will most likely get only 1-5 such heroes all together.
09/14/2018 10:34 PMPosted by MrE
09/14/2018 09:39 PMPosted by Gonchin
Edgy chick with a secret past and hidden power?

That sounds cool :)
That's even more cringey and generic than calling a Firebat "Blaze."

I happen to like Blaze. He's just a dude... a dude that likes to burn things. :P
If she comes to the game, it will be a good idea to strap a bigger coffin to her back. One big enough to fit the whole game.

You are very dramatic.
/sick burn.

lol no. :D

This is the type of stuff that i thought was "cool" when i was the age that thought the power rangers were cool
09/24/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Ninestyle
lol the copyright infringment HotS animated series from China does a better job of lore than Blizzard themselves.

Quit being retarded.

Anyway,

Blizzard has said that they are focusing on Heroes of the Storm as an official franchise. This isn't just another game where you have random heroes from other franchises in random battlegrounds, but they are telling the story of how and why they're there in the first place. Not to mention that unique characters are popping out in the comics and players are literally thrown into THEIR world.

No, it's not far fetched that Blizzard releases unique HotS characters. In fact, it's about time.
The last thing I want in this game are "Nexus Original Heroes."
Stick to Retro, Overwatch, Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft. There are no need for original generic characters like every other MOBA out there.
09/25/2018 09:59 AMPosted by sycA
The last thing I want in this game are "Nexus Original Heroes."
Stick to Retro, Overwatch, Diablo, Starcraft, and Warcraft. There are no need for original generic characters like every other MOBA out there.

Nah, Blizzard created HotS, their heroes would fall in place better than when they released Overwatch in type of game.

It makes better sense both financially and logically to release unique HotS heroes rather than waste time creating Retro heroes.

Sorry, but the other 98% of the players don't care or are even asking for Retros.