Tired of Nova receiving such bs attention.

General Discussion
Nova is tired of Sarah receiving all the attention.
Fairly useless Perfect shot buff. Even 3 second CD can be consistently leveraged only in a very limited set of scenarios - no creeps, no summons, no structures, little mobility, etc - otherwise you just can't reliably deal damage, the hitboxes are way too unpredictable. 2 second CD only makes it worse. It's tempting to say that the buff increases talent skillcap, but not really - it only makes an already very niche talent even bigger pain in the butt.

Reverse of the advanced cloaking nerf is very welcome though.
Personally I'd just scrap the idea that Nova should spam snipe and make perfect shot function similar to AAS - double the damage, double the CD. this will still reward people who consistently hit snipes while giving them some legroom to pick proper targets instead of facerolling Q.
09/18/2018 11:21 AMPosted by TerranPride
Personally I'd just scrap the idea that Nova should spam snipe and make perfect shot function similar to AAS - double the damage, double the CD. this will still reward people who consistently hit snipes while giving them some legroom to pick proper targets instead of facerolling Q.

I personally think making it similar to AAS would make this talent a bit redundant. There is no need to have 2 builds do similar stuff. AAS does well for Heavy Poke and much Hit-and-Run scenarios where you don't want to spend much time standing still attacking. OitC might still be the best burst while Snipe will turn into light poke which is spammable if connecting but with the PTR changes viable to do more sustained hero dps.
I see where you're coming from, but spammable snipe as a playstyle just doesn't make sense. It's supposed to be high skill cap thing, but it's not. it takes skill to position properly, pick your targets, time abilities, etc, but that's not the case here. if you reposition - you waste cd reduction. if you pick targets - you waste cd reduction. if you time your snipe to avoid genji's deflect - you waste cd reduction. so the only thing you can realistically do to get the value from perfect shot is pad your numbers by hitting immobile enemy frontline. and even then, you have to deal with minion hitboxes. high skill talent shouldn't be countered by hitboxes.

additional CD reduction doesn't address any of the issues above, it just makes PS even more of a trap talent than it used to be.
For the record, when I created this thread and stated that I wanted Nova to be made properly viable, not just receive "band-aid" buffs (meaning buffs that enhance her how she is, not making her more versatile which is what she needs), it wasn't in regards to Stealth at all. Stealth is a dead gimmick and I don't care about it. It was dead to me years ago once I got better at the game, long before they made it easy mode to see.

I just want her to be more versatile, she doesn't need enhancements to her single-target burst... they can't keep ONLY buffing this role and doing nothing else with her or she'll always be dumpster tier.

A simple fix would be allowing Explosive Rounds to be baseline verse PvE, talent into it later for team fight potential, or make it a toggle similar to Fenix. Something, doesn't have to be my idea, but something from level 1. Giving her some reasonable wave clear is the fastest way to make her versatile. Then they could start looking at her talent tree and various builds.

I'd welcome a more lore-friendly rework as well, as long as they give her some versatility outside single-target burst.
09/18/2018 07:35 PMPosted by mynd
A simple fix would be allowing Explosive Rounds to be baseline verse PvE, talent into it later for team fight potential, or make it a toggle similar to Fenix. Something, doesn't have to be my idea, but something from level 1. Giving her some reasonable wave clear is the fastest way to make her versatile. Then they could start looking at her talent tree and various builds.

I've brought up the idea of having baseline AoE for her Snipe quite a number of times in the past but usually people just respond with "She's supposed to be a sniper with single target damage". I also mentioned how Nova is one of a few heroes with little to zero AoE capabilities and usually the answer I get is "It makes her unique" or some such drivel.

I completely agree that she needs AoE which would significantly increase her impact in the game. I would also remove Rewind at 20 as I feel that increases her power too much which impacts her early game because of that spike.
Are they ever gonna acknowledge they over nerfed lethal decoy? Just make your escape decoy untalented or remove the talent completly.

When they did the Stealth Rework I called it that she was the strongest benefiter of all the characters, yet nay sayers said she sucked, eventually she got nerfed to the ground because let's be honest, we all wanted to play as a hot blonde chick with a sniper rifle so her numbers inflated and Blizzard gave her the nerf bat.

Also give her new skins for the love of god.
I just want her to be more versatile, she doesn't need enhancements to her single-target burst... they can't keep ONLY buffing this role and doing nothing else with her or she'll always be dumpster tier.

I've suggested many times to bring back Railgun (snipe pierces enemies) either as a baseline component of snipe or a talent on level 4. Limit it to minions/monsters only if the devs are worried about easier snipe stacking.
09/18/2018 08:12 PMPosted by Paradox

I've suggested many times to bring back Railgun (snipe pierces enemies) either as a baseline component of snipe or a talent on level 4. Limit it to minions/monsters only if the devs are worried about easier snipe stacking.

They should limit snipe stacks to first hero hit when they implement Railgun and make the quest more gradual (+2% damage/stack for 20 stacks and another 20% bonus once completed, 3 stacks lost per snipe missed once completed stacks can't be lost.) this won't result in a feast/ famine issue during critical teamfights where the diablo ally tossed your target to the other side when you hit q pulling your stacks from under you and making you semi useless.
Oh, I hope precision strike will finally hit hard enough to kill a puffer fish.
lol at this Q every 2 seconds.

Back the playing the F out of Nova again.
09/19/2018 03:14 PMPosted by MortalWombat

She's not fun until 16 then it's kinda like Q spam but it's not........ you ran out of mana unbelievably fast pre 13 and don't do effective damage until 16.
09/19/2018 03:18 PMPosted by DemonRyu
09/19/2018 03:14 PMPosted by MortalWombat

She's not fun until 16 then it's kinda like Q spam but it's not........ you ran out of mana unbelievably fast pre 13 and don't do effective damage until 16.

Nah, 13 is when the damage comes online 'cause you're not OOM spamming Snipe in fights. That range is juicy too.
09/19/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Uziel
09/19/2018 03:18 PMPosted by DemonRyu

Nah, 13 is when the damage comes online 'cause you're not OOM spamming Snipe in fights. That range is juicy too.

You FAR LESS opportunity in higher divisions where a player would stick out like a sore thumb, with the exception of objective battles (where their tank is in the front helping to peel and mitigate damage against their backline or a dive comp with a hyper mobile diver to hunt you down) and finishing off stragglers after winning a team fight. Any player worth their salt will fight within their minion wave/merc camp to avoid getting hit by a direct snipe knowing there's a Nova on the other team esp if they know you went full q build.

Explosive rounds is semi decent b/c their tank is forced to tank the shot where their backline will take 80% of the damage but again, comes really late and the match may have already been decided.