Nova Perfect Shot with 2 secs CD worth it now ?

General Discussion
Tried in QM with old W build except Perfect shot at 7 with positive result. Wonder if she's worth in HL now ?
09/19/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Arata
Wonder if she's worth in HL now ?

she will be a good pick in HL in about 5 years at this point.
I love it, it is quite ridiculous.

Played several games yesterday, going with Q build only, and oh boy.
Every 2 seconds a free snipe is intens I tell you.

Only thing is that I played terrible yesterday and missed so many snipes, because I wanted to spam them haha.
If you are one of those who cant manage Tyrael or Uther mana costs, better avoid it.
09/20/2018 01:41 AMPosted by MortalWombat
If you are one of those who cant manage Tyrael or Uther mana costs, better avoid it.

If you reach lv 13, the MP is refunded if you hit a heroic target.
09/20/2018 01:41 AMPosted by MortalWombat
I can't imagine this scenario with Uther otherwise: A teammate needs heal but you have to watch your mana so you don't heal him. Teammate dies, you still have mana and no one needs heal around you anymore. Mission accomplished.
09/20/2018 01:34 AMPosted by Syrnis

Only thing is that I played terrible yesterday and missed so many snipes, because I wanted to spam them haha.

This is the problem I encountered as well. If you want to take advantage of the 2 sec snap, you have to spam snap. But missing one snap can result in losing all the stacks, which is frustrating. Also, the snap build is a sustain damage build. I feel it is more efficient to play Nova as a burst assassin.
When this balance patch hits, I expect HGC play. Chunking 600 health off the tank every 2 seconds is going to be brutal.
09/20/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Werbs713
When this balance patch hits, I expect HGC play. Chunking 600 health off the tank every 2 seconds is going to be brutal.
pre-rework you used to chunk 1000+ every 3 seconds - that was a legit lvl 16 damage spike. yet, few people cared.
Thinking about it, I wanna see snipe Nova with nano boost now.
I think imma finally play qm again with nova... after aram is over, of course.
09/20/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Koyasentori
09/20/2018 01:34 AMPosted by Syrnis

This is the problem I encountered as well. If you want to take advantage of the 2 sec snap, you have to spam snap. But missing one snap can result in losing all the stacks, which is frustrating. Also, the snap build is a sustain damage build. I feel it is more efficient to play Nova as a burst assassin.

Idk, at 2s for a Snipe-aa-Snipe rotation it feels pretty bursty too. OitC takes about the same time to unleash its full power anyway. (and AA shells takes about that long to get a 2d shot in too).

I imagine the dangers of missing are a bigger drawback, as are the mana costs involved in spamming Q (forcing Psionic Efficiency at 13).

I really like the changes though, they feel pretty nice. Lower cd also makes it a lot faster to restack Snipe whenever you do miss a target.
09/20/2018 09:11 AMPosted by Werbs713
Chunking 600 health off the tank every 2 seconds is going to be brutal.

Raynor does twice as much damage, has more HP, and has better waveclear.
am I missing something here? they increased the cooldown from 3 to 4 seconds. where is this 2 second thing coming from?
09/20/2018 11:10 AMPosted by ShuddupNdie
am I missing something here? they increased the cooldown from 3 to 4 seconds. where is this 2 second thing coming from?

You're missing what the talent does.

The talent decreases the cooldown of your snipe if you hit a Hero. Previously you'd get a 3s reduction, and that reduction has now been increased to 4s. Snipe normally has a 6s cooldown, so if you hit a Hero it now gets reduced to a 2s cooldown. (Previously 3s).
09/20/2018 10:31 AMPosted by GeorgeV
I imagine the dangers of missing are a bigger drawback, as are the mana costs involved in spamming Q (forcing Psionic Efficiency at 13).

I really like the changes though, they feel pretty nice. Lower cd also makes it a lot faster to restack Snipe whenever you do miss a target.

Not only that, with the lv 7 talent you also get 2 stacks per hit, instead of 1.
So basically +30% damage per 2 seconds increase instead of +15% per 6 seconds.
It is easier to maintain max stacks with this talent, so it actually takes away the risk of missing to a certain extend.
The talent's winrate is still horrible and her winrate has overall gone down. in the first day and a half, but still early to tell.
09/20/2018 04:47 PMPosted by Reinhardt
The talent's winrate is still horrible and her winrate has overall gone down. in the first day and a half, but still early to tell.
likely because everyone is thinking that snipe build is now OP (which is clearly not the case lol), and playing it.
Now that Nova is something better we hope that people do not cry like babies because it is very Op and ask for nerfs.
Nova still lacks anything else besides being a niche single target damage dealer with only 1 skill that deals okay single target damage.