I did it guys

General Discussion
Climbed from mid-gold to Diamond with Cassia.
the feels
cassia is pretty dank.

blind -> spear -> fend amiright?
Congrats.. now tell that to those who believe in 50% forced winrate, but actually play like trash
09/20/2018 11:56 AMPosted by Kaiward
Congrats.. now tell that to those who believe in 50% forced winrate, but actually play like trash

forced 50ers dont know a very simple concept to excel.

look in to your statistics. look in to your most played. select 3-4 heroes as your "mains" that have upwards of 55% win rate. then just climb your way as far as you can playing strictly your highest winrate heroes.

thats how I got to grandmaster before. "hmm, it appears i pretty much cant lose as tyrande, thrall, bw, li li, or anub. So I strictly played them and viola. grand master after getting placed gold.
It comes down to what is your definition of forced 50% winrate. I say forced carry is forced 50% winrate.
09/20/2018 12:34 PMPosted by Shaden
It comes down to what is your definition of forced 50% winrate. I say forced carry is forced 50% winrate.

You don't make any sense. You play the game so you can win. It is valid every game. Doing your best to win the game is a forced carry to you? Then I guess yes, you have to force carry every game. What is the problem with that? Ah you can't do it because you're not skilled enough? Then get good. Many good players like OP are proving time and time again that the problem is ultimately on the deluded players thinking they are good and the system is doing them injustice.

And this forum has many deluded people. It is actually filled with them.
So you want to tell us that there is no forced defeat into the MM system?
Oh no! Now ppl can't keep complaining about it. Or can they?
How dare you disapprove the whining 50% forced winrate!!!
Shame on you!

PS: Gj and keep it up!
Gz! I decided to finally play my placemnets on my main acc after s1 mess screwed my rank and dropped me to g2. After playing several games with 40% win rate 2 kda Illidans, Arthases with Sindargosa and 2k15 buglord build Noob'Arak, once being top siege and xp in my team as Deckard, I realized why did I stopped playing this account :D
Congrats! I have no idea how people are good with Cassia, but lord knows people are.

Cassia on my team: Middling-to-bad ranged dps. Usually 2 KBs and like 8 deaths.

Me as Cassia: This is the worst hero in the game. 20% winrate.

Cassia on the other team: Unstoppable killing machine with north of 200% of the 2nd highest in-game team damage. Guaranteed MVP.
09/20/2018 01:20 PMPosted by Gorf
Congrats! I have no idea how people are good with Cassia, but lord knows people are.

Cassia on my team: Middling-to-bad ranged dps. Usually 2 KBs and like 8 deaths.

Me as Cassia: This is the worst hero in the game. 20% winrate.

Cassia on the other team: Unstoppable killing machine with north of 200% of the 2nd highest in-game team damage. Guaranteed MVP.

Congrats to OP always happy to see others having fun an accomplishing personal goals.

Access to allied blinds and making the appropriate talent picks for enemy/ally comp makes or breaks the Cassia match.

In learning Cassia myself I have "been" all 3 of these.

I have a bad habit of picking a "comfortable" build with heroes even when its not appropriate or ideal. What I noticed with Cassia in particular is her numbers take a much steeper hit than other assassins when you make the wrong calls on talent picks.
good job !
with good efforts there is usually good pay off at the end , and you proved that completely right !
09/20/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Kaiward

You don't make any sense. You play the game so you can win. It is valid every game. Doing your best to win the game is a forced carry to you? Then I guess yes, you have to force carry every game. What is the problem with that? Ah you can't do it because you're not skilled enough? Then get good. Many good players like OP are proving time and time again that the problem is ultimately on the deluded players thinking they are good and the system is doing them injustice.

1st example, I had a first-time ever ranked play teammate in silver HL, she confessed.

2nd example, I had a HL match with a platinum and a bronze 5 in the team, and the b5 had only 2 HL games in the last 16 days (may be more) and only 28 HL games lifetime out of 900 total games played.

These 2 games are matchmaking death sentences and examples of forced carry which serve the intent of forced 50% winrate. These are extreme examples , but you know forced 50% winrate could be reinforced in a more subtle way.
Congats, Masters look out, here you come!
09/20/2018 03:12 PMPosted by Shaden
09/20/2018 12:48 PMPosted by Kaiward

1st example, I had a first-time ever ranked play teammate in silver HL, she confessed.

2nd example, I had a HL match with a platinum and a bronze 5 in the team, and the b5 had only 2 HL games in the last 16 days (may be more) and only 28 HL games lifetime out of 900 total games played.

These 2 games are matchmaking death sentences and examples of forced carry which serve the intent of forced 50% winrate. These are extreme examples , but you know forced 50% winrate could exist in games in a more subtle way.

How subtle are we talking here? See, i'm working on a 65% winrate, in plat on my smurf. So how can I expect "the system" to start screwing me over? Maybe it'll switch our cores right before we kill theirs? "Awww, man, had no idea they'd just pull a switcharoo on us like that!" Maybe the game will just disconnect me.

How urgently do you think they're trying to respond? Surely, me having a 65% winrate must be some kind of critical emergency. I could be sabotaging their plans to take over the world woth forced 50! Keep in mind, I'm playing with the same gold-plat idiots everyone else here is. I'm having to hard carry with Stukov, with Deckard. If I can keep an 85% winrate in HL on a support like Deckard, maybe somehow forced 50 is broken for me? Or maybe I'm the Chosen One?

Or maybe forced 50 is bull!@#$? We may never know :(
09/20/2018 01:15 PMPosted by Amei
Gz! I decided to finally play my placemnets on my main acc after s1 mess screwed my rank and dropped me to g2. After playing several games with 40% win rate 2 kda Illidans, Arthases with Sindargosa and 2k15 buglord build Noob'Arak, once being top siege and xp in my team as Deckard, I realized why did I stopped playing this account :D

Silver-Plat in a nutshell.
09/20/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Minky
Congats, Masters look out, here you come!

Thanks! I'm training in unranked right now to work on teamwork, since Diamond is a lot different than previous tiers! Lol it's really intense