Team League Developer Response

General Discussion
From UPDATED Patch Notes on recent changes to Team League to allow solo queue players

"Developer Comment: Heroes of the Storm is primarily a team-based experience and, with this change, we’re hoping to make it easier to have that experience without putting restrictions on party size. In our current system, competitive solo players do not have many opportunities to find groups of players to play with in a ranked queue. To give these players more options for their competitive experience, we have removed all party size queue restrictions from Team League. Our hope is that this leads to a more robust Team League experience and that solo players find more regular groups to play with."

Ok...what...the...literal...!@#$.

Solo players do not have many opportunities?!?!

We have been trying to tell you guys that for years!

There has been VERY LITTLE commitment to foster group play from blizzard since the game's inception.

-No Clans
-Terrible Party Finder System
-Lackluster rewards (only an XP bonus atm) Where are the skins, the notoriety?
-Pros dont play TL, making for a low skilled league
-Faulty TL population further stigmatizes the league
-Matchmaking for TL is terrible
-A bronze can queue with a Grandmaster (admitedly this rule has to be a bit loose though as 2 players that do placements together can earn bronze and platinum)
-Grandmaster's are a joke, earned through grinding over skill
-No moves to foster team identity
-No systems to help solo players from QM/Unranked to quickly add eachother as friends/party invites after a game
-2 and 3 mans kind of ruin the aspect of hardcore 5 man vs 5 man.

Theres SO MANY ways that TL could have been made better.
Your solution is to further deemphasize the TEAM aspect of the game

My bet is Solo players will not be interested in TL because
1) HL is just straight up better
a) Offers better rewards in terms of noteriety, people CARE when your a HL
Master/Grandmaster
b) Matchmaking is faster
c) Matchmaking is better quality (ya people rage about it, but its still better
then TL
2) Groups have more power then you over how the course of the game will run
3) Report brigading and toxicity from groups to solos is a serious issue
4) HL for years has been the go to mode and unless a major shift happens, and its ingrained in players to simply...play HL.
Probably more to reduce the 2s que, since that seems to be the most popular way to que.
09/17/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Degaris
-No Clans

Feelsbadman
09/17/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Degaris
No systems to help solo players from QM/Unranked to quickly add eachother as friends/party invites after a game

Why should there be?? Why can't two people make friends on their own?
if i had some people trying to be friends with me after ever quick match I would find it annoying.
Team League = Unranked now.

You can remove unranked.
HL will extinct eventually.
...competitive solo players do not have many opportunities to find groups of players to play with in a ranked queue. To give these players more options for their competitive experience, we have removed all party size queue restrictions from Team League.

I know! This stuck out like a sore thumb. This has nothing to do with solo players who have an entire league to call their own... this is all about filling the TL queue empty spots so the queue times can be brought down.