make gem counts increase for both teams

General Discussion
On Tomb of the spider queen i notice, more so than on any other map you can dominate the early game, but if 1 or 2 of there players is playing safe, and doesn't lose there gems, the gems are worth more and more as the game goes on.

Especially since the changes making walls give less xp, a level 6-7 hand in i almost feel is really not worth it despite my team mates pinging my to hand in. most of the time it will never get you a fort, maybe not even all 3 walls. where as it feels like a level 13+ spider wave is over twice as strong as level 7 one.

I thought if you made it so that the gem count increases for both teams after each hand in, it would compensate a bit for the wall changes on the map, but would be such a small change that it certainly wouldn't make it to hard for teams to come back. just harder to do 2 or 3 back to back turn ins at level 16, after getting none in before that point. It would also reduce the scaling in value of gems as the game goes on which i think would be a positive change overall.
So you want to make an already super-snowbally map even more snowbally?

No thanks.
In B4 gems are removed in favor of 6 scarab locations, first team with 3 scarabs channelled gets the web weavers.
09/19/2018 10:25 AMPosted by Werbs713
In B4 gems are removed in favor of 6 scarab locations, first team with 3 scarabs channelled gets the web weavers.
Stop that! Don't give the devs any more bad ideas!
Inferno shrines needs a 5 minion increase for winning team.
09/19/2018 09:24 AMPosted by ilkbailk
Especially since the changes making walls give less xp
Walls ever gave experience?! Been playing since Alpha and do not recall them ever giving experience. All experience for structures was from the towers and forts/keeps.
09/19/2018 09:24 AMPosted by ilkbailk
i almost feel is really not worth it despite my team mates pinging my to hand in
You can always hold on to them like the enemies you fight. However be aware of the risks involved, one gank and all gems are gone. Turning in is basically a way of cashing in so as to not lose anything if one dies.

That said even after level 20 the spiders are useless unless backed by a push or behind map control. A decent team will have 2/3 spiders dead before they hit keeps and the last one before it can inflict critical damage.

The idea is to pay in early for early game advantage and then to try and carry that through to late game. If the enemy turns in late game under these conditions then they are starting a comeback and prepare to lose some (but not all) ground.