New garden of Terror sucks?

General Discussion
Highly Rated
In my opinion yeah, why the need to clone the mechanics of the other 2 battleground, if isn't broken don't fix it
Highly Rated
I just hate it because we already have something like the tomb of the spider queen and now it's they have to "Rework" it for some reason like now it's not unique you are pretty much depending on an ai terror to destroy forts for you
Apparently it was one of their least-popular maps, and they're going off of "years of consistent feedback."

I don't believe them, but that's what they said.

EDIT: I don't know why you're thumbing me down for stating a simple fact from the AMA.
I feel like there's a lot of controversy around Garden of Terror and a lot of people saying it lost it's identity mainly (including myself unfortunately).
The Garden of Terror rework was done in response to years of consistent player feedback (in community discussion and in our own user experience research) saying Garden was among the least-loved maps in the game.

Full response here: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/9gzoe0/game_design_balance_ama_with_heroes_developers/e69rawg/?context=2
Highly Rated
Garden of Error needs to be reverted back to normal state and never come online in his current rework.
The Garden of Terror rework was done in response to years of consistent player feedback (in community discussion and in our own user experience research) saying Garden was among the least-loved maps in the game.

This is just insane. 3,2k likes and 7,4k dislikes on yt.

We're talking about removing multiple ways to get seeds by simply replacing it with one "$%&)=ing objective. Channeling will result in pocking around until one team run out of live or mana. Which will advantage heroes with long range skill shots like Junkrat or Chromie.

And also removing of the Terror Control.
So you're not supposed to have fun anymore with running through forts while your team is distracting the enemy team?

But well it feels like we won't be able to control Dragonknight too after some time...
I haven't played the new version, but I was meh on the old version. Maybe it'll be fun. I think the new Hanamura is a big improvement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHy4tKEG7yc

just check the like/dislike ratio

i have played it so far and tbh it feel more imbalanced than the original one

just think about this, is the 3rd seed respawn for any team, usually there's a forced teamfight for it, and most of the time it results of half of more teamates wiped, the team who succeed gets a 3 line wave clear and tower disabler monster, is just a snowballing effect thats hard to turn back
Seven minutes in and we take out all enemy forts and one keep.

This is ridiculously lame.

I know some of the matches could get long on the old one, but the game was more fun to play, which is the point of a video game.
Cursed Hollow: Large map, capture three points for a global advantage
Garden of Terror: Large map, capture three points for a global advantage

???

C'mon blizzard
It doesn't matter if its the communities 'least favorite map'. The damn rework showcase on youtube and the vocal community have proved to be the majority that they didn't want this.

They keep just screwing the playerbase off and they wonder why HotS is considered the worst Blizzard title AND the worst Moba.

I feel like there's a lot of controversy around Garden of Terror and a lot of people saying it lost it's identity mainly (including myself unfortunately).

This is insane, if that were actually true I want them to release information supporting those claims because my information is the like to dislike ratio they have for this rework.
I mean... it's basically Alterac now?
"suck" isn't enough to describe it, but I don't want to use words that could give me a forum suspension.

From what I've played, it's GG from the moment a team gets the terrors. They are strong enough to destroy all forts and start damaging the keeps' towers and gates. And on top of that you have a team pushing one lane with them, so if you're lucky you won't lose a keep or the core in the very first terror wave.

Blizzard, if you revert this change now I promise to forgive you. Simply admit it was a stupid idea.
It’s clear blizzard is out of touch with the community if they made a change because of consistent feedback instead of the actual community’s feelings on the matter.

Where are the forced losses fix? Consistent feedback there too.
They may as well just delete the map and retire it to history. Right now, it's the Cursed Hollow objective with the Spider Queen reward. This map adds nothing new.
I agree with you, this change is awful. The mechanics are awful. I don't know why they had to ruin the map in the process of trying to shorten it.
It's a long jump from "disliked map" (which could be valid, there have been more than a few complaint threads about the old Garden on the forums) to "this is the right way to rework it."
They should have made the whole team turn into terrors...
Blizzard asks for feedback every time they release a YT video of the changes to a map / character.

Within the __first hour__ of it's release, there were hundreds of people posting all of the complaints above.

If Blue won't listen to the community that gives feedback via their own YT videos, why would we expect them to listen to the thousands of complaints logged on these forums?
09/25/2018 08:59 PMPosted by TadCooper
They may as well just delete the map and retire it to history. Right now, it's the Cursed Hollow objective with the Spider Queen reward. This map adds nothing new.

It is actually the spider queen reward ON TOP of the cursed hollow reward, since the terrors disable structures, making it extremely hard for the defending team.
its a hard copy n paste of alterac mountains with a reskin...!@#$ign stupid...expect all the maps to become this...spider queen is next