New garden of Terror sucks?

General Discussion
09/25/2018 08:59 PMPosted by TadCooper
They may as well just delete the map and retire it to history. Right now, it's the Cursed Hollow objective with the Spider Queen reward. This map adds nothing new.

Its basically AV w/o bosses and no recap.

they could of done something cool like after 3 seeds a pod grows at your base that you pick up and can drop in a lane to spawn a more powerful but single tree monster.
they could of done something cool like after 3 seeds a pod grows at your base that you pick up and can drop in a lane to spawn a more powerful but single tree monster.

I am scared that you are too much smart for them :(
Next rework is Dragonshire. You have to collect 3 shrines then 3 dragons lane.... I cant wait until all maps are just mini clones of themselves with different artwork. This game really is slowly dying, just hanging on a thread now.
I honestly prefer the old one better. Killion minions to collect flowers and controlling the garden monster thing was fun, it took a certain degree of game sense to use it effectively. This feels just like the other maps we already have with a different skin, which is lame af. Old one was unique in its own right.
09/22/2018 06:18 PMPosted by FeralChaos
Apparently it was one of their least-popular maps, and they're going off of "years of consistent feedback."

I don't believe them, but that's what they said.

EDIT: I don't know why you're thumbing me down for stating a simple fact from the AMA.
I feel like there's a lot of controversy around Garden of Terror and a lot of people saying it lost it's identity mainly (including myself unfortunately).
The Garden of Terror rework was done in response to years of consistent player feedback (in community discussion and in our own user experience research) saying Garden was among the least-loved maps in the game.

Full response here: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/9gzoe0/game_design_balance_ama_with_heroes_developers/e69rawg/?context=2

There is more than 1 way to rework a map. This rework is a mistake. After keeping it online for 6 months and ruining the ladder with yet another broken map, they will take it offline for redesign.
After some time we are going to have three dragon knights in three lane.
09/25/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Manash
After some time we are going to have three dragon knights in three lane.

Carefull, blizzard might take that as your hidden desire and may as well grant it to you
It was one of my least favorite maps before, but now it's even worse :D
New Garden of Terror sucks confirmed.
I did prefer the original one. I don't get why they over-reacted that much about it supposedly being the 'least favorite' (or "one of" them). They didn't even explain WHY, or gave any viable reasons to support their decision to rework it. It's just going to sit on a vague remark on their part about it being "not a favorite of the community"? Ok, so what if it truly was among the least favorite within the community? There's another portion of the players base that DO like it, what about them?

You know, Blizzard (HOTS team, specifically) you don't actually always have to be influenced by said community whom - just to let you know - are NOT video game developers for the vast majority? Let them complain and show them that the original design was alright, it wasn't broken; it was functional and FUN. Having some huge PvP-centric moments to take control of the Terror(s) was a MAJOR distinguishing portion of the map's identity. Now all we do is fight some plants and take control of the point Curse-style. It's also way too repetitive of a map mechanic this soon after Alterac, it's way too similar and hardly makes Garden of Terror a distinguished map anymore.

What's next, three smaller ships in Blackheart's Bay?

And HOW was the decision made for the rework, internally? Was it a 'vote' among the team? Which would come down to the map being the least favorite for SOME members of the HOTS team, instead of the actual community.

Anyway, it's just one more bad decision to add to the growing list.
I haven't played it in QM yet (just one AI game that ended pretty quickly since the pushing power after winning the objective was too much for the bots to handle), but aside from what everyone else has mentioned what I'll really miss is the old Spore Queen. Counting down to nighttime and then hearing her psychotic call to slay the shamblers for their seeds had a fun familiarity to it for me. Her glee at watching the terror grow, exhortations for us to go forth and harvest our enemies' corpses, lamentation of her 'child' falling, and anger on the terror wilting away pointlessly were also memorable.

Right now Queen Nightshade has taken over most of the time and it's somewhat dissatisfying as she doesn't convey that same sense of energy during the objective phases, while her Spore Queen alter ego is barely there.

I'll also miss the nighttime skirmishes and battles, as right now the near-constant daylight just feels odd to me after so many years on old GoT.
Yes, it sucks big time.
It is trashy rework.

They should improve GoT instead of rework it into another generic map.
I feel like there's a lot of controversy around Garden of Terror and a lot of people saying it lost it's identity mainly (including myself unfortunately).
The Garden of Terror rework was done in response to years of consistent player feedback (in community discussion and in our own user experience research) saying Garden was among the least-loved maps in the game.

Full response here: https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/9gzoe0/game_design_balance_ama_with_heroes_developers/e69rawg/?context=2[/quote]
Woah. So Blizzard think fun = forced snowbally 5v5 teamfight every couple minutes.

Is this !@#$ing real life?
Their justification for reworking this map seems to be weak. There are lots of maps. One of them is going to be the least favourite of the community.

Reworking the least favourite (assuming they make it better :\ ) just means that another one goes to the bottom of the pile...

Reworking all the maps until they are all equally favourable will only occur if all the maps are the same... Hold on... I see what's going on...
So if it were me...
I would have made the day and night phase have fixed durations, forcing the teams to make the best of their time. Seeds are only gathered at night, terrors are only grown during the day. The terror can be activated at any time during the day, but if not summoned within that day, it will wilt. Do you risk a team wipe during the last moments of the daytime to use it during the night phase? Or do you summon it immediately so it's not wasted?
I would have gotten rid of the two big Terrors during the night phase. More shambler camps with fewer seed gains, making it a race to gather seeds. This would place more emphasis on scouting for the enemy team to either gank them or avoid them, collecting from safety. Also, use a different visual filter for nighttime, it was annoying how dark it got, and how hard to see it was.

If the Terror's abilities were the problem before, I would have tweaked them, or nerfed some of the crippling effects. Maybe increase the cooldowns but keep the abilities the same.
09/22/2018 03:59 PMPosted by Darkeshi
In my opinion yeah, why the need to clone the mechanics of the other 2 battleground, if isn't broken don't fix it

GGWP! Nuff Said!!,
In my opinion yeah, why the need to clone the mechanics of the other 2 battleground, if isn't broken don't fix it
If it ain't broke, Break it and dont fix it. !@#$ this new map and %^-* your design team.
While I personally did not like the old garden of terror map....I certainly didn't want the same thing we already have, if not, even more snowbally.
if isn't broken don't fix it

It was broken. This was a awful map and the people saying 'It was a great map and the loud minority complaining got it changed' are the actually loud minority.

I think just about everyone can agree the rework was terrible. But the problem wasn't that they reworked a bad map it's that they did a bad job. The map is probably more playable, but it's completely pointless. There's no reason for worse cursed hollow to exist when you could just be playing cursed hollow.