One Week After Uninstalling

General Discussion
I have re-discovered my love for my friends, for my motorcycle and mountain bike, for canoeing and love of nature. My house is cleaner and I look better. I go to sleep feeling much more fulfilled, and wake up each morning with excitement and eagerness to see what the day brings.

I was addicted.

The first couple days I thought about it constantly, but already it's becoming a distant memory.

I wish I quit earlier.

Wishing you all the best.

I'm sure you'll find some reason to hate me, or hate this post. That what HotS does to us. I don't blame you though, I know you're a good person inside there.

xo
Stay with it friend. I've quit multiple times and had the same effect, but then I try again and it's a slippery slope
That's the relieved feeling I had when I quit Overwatch. I became way more calm and relaxed.
It's lovely till you get bored.

“Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war.” - Homer

"Men grow tired of sleep, fapping, cycling and partying sooner than games." - Me
09/24/2018 08:48 AMPosted by GhostDog
I'm sure you'll find some reason to hate me, or hate this post. That what HotS does to us. I don't blame you though, I know you're a good person inside there

No hate here my friend, keep doing what makes you happy and enjoy your time in the sunshine.
I have re-discovered my love for my friends, for my motorcycle and mountain bike, for canoeing and love of nature. My house is cleaner and I look better. I go to sleep feeling much more fulfilled, and wake up each morning with excitement and eagerness to see what the day brings.

Good for you mate :)

Wishing you all the best.

What a nice person.

I'm sure you'll find some reason to hate me, or hate this post.

Hate is a strong word. I really doubt anyone here would actually hate you for being happier, and if they did... they are weird.

I know you're a good person inside there.

:O

WHO told you?

That was supposed to be a secret.
You'll be back at some point. The game will call to you like Jumanji.
I dont hate you or anything like that. I'm glad that you are finding enjoyment in life and that is all that matters. I used to be a very addicted person to warcraft. Was top of line had the sever best times for challenge modes on a populated sever. When I left it was hard but managed it.

Went back to school and got a degree in computer science and found myself a job I love. Now I fear if I go back to wow the last few years of my life would of been for nothing.

I wish you the best of luck in your new life.
I personally have a hard time believing that someone who was addicted to a video game would drop all video games when uninstalling the one that they were addicted to. Yes, you might have quit HotS, but you would have just found a different game to play.
If I were you, I'd come back in a heartbeat if they released Mei.
I was addicted.

The first couple days I thought about it constantly, but already it's becoming a distant memory.

actual addictions are lifelong. its like how an alcoholic cant EVER touch alcohol again. otherwise they just start up the same old cycle again.

so while you may have quit for now. just realize that the addiction is never gone. if you really intend on stopping you have to fully commit to never playing the game again.
I got some free HotS, want some?
I feel like a persons willpower should be enough to save them from ever getting to the point of addiction in any game. I mean kudos to you for seeing that you had a problem and pulled away from it, but like anything else in life moderation in the key.

Do what you love, dont let any one take that away from you. If you love to game, why should someone tell you that you have a problem?

Earlier today i had someone say "why would anyone waste their lives filling their heads with garbage from video games?". I replied "Same way people do filling their head with garbage on tinder, instagram, buying shoes/ clothes, etc".

Morale of the story, proud of you OP for doing what you love and to all those who follow the same path !
You sound like you just quit a MMO game instead of hots.
Nothing wrong with that.

Some things can be either fun or absolutely miserable, depending. I remember Dota 2 ranked being like that. I was obsessed with getting my MMR up to a number that I wouldn't have to feel ashamed of, and I would take losses very badly. It brought out the worst in me. Eventually I stopped ranked mode altogether and ended up enjoying the game a lot more; people were more chill, and I was more chill.

I haven't been played HoTS very long. It's mostly been AI matches so far, a quick match or two, and ONE ranked match that I joined by accident when I saw that somebody was looking for more, clicked to join, and then saw what I'd gotten myself into. (Fortunately, my team won that one, so nobody had reason to get upset on my side.) Hopefully it'll be more fun for me in the long run than it was for you; if it isn't, I'll move on as well.
I only play this game a few hours on the weekend. But know what it is like to get addicted to something (Quit WoW 10 years ago and never looked back) Glad you are doing better.