Reddit is destroying HOTS (Garden of terror replacement)

General Discussion
I also liked that both teams could have the objective at the same time. Is that being removed too?

Made for some interesting decision making to choose offense or defense
Uninstalled.

Merriam-Webster definition of "game":
1.) an activity engaged in for diversion or amusement.
3.) a physical or mental competition conducted according to rules with the participants in direct opposition to each other

Priority #1: Make games more fun for everyone.

Priority #2: Make games balanced so a handful of pros can provide exciting exposure via streaming and competitive events.

Blizzard please notice the order of these priorities.
09/13/2018 11:57 AMPosted by cycledance
Very disappointed with the new map. It is not an update or redesign. It is the process of replacing a map with unique gameplay elements with, as someone on youtube calls it: Alterac with flowers.

I think Blizzard listens too much to the reddit community. It has been demonstrated years ago that the upvote/downvote system of reddit turns people into a flock.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/how-upvote-downvote-sites-like-reddit-breed-irrational-1067235954

When you look at the up/downvotes (which is not the same as reddit) and comments on youtube you can see that this change is polarising. (50% downvotes.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=148&v=JHy4tKEG7yc

Reddit didn't ruin HotS. Blizzard ruined HotS.

Terrible matchmaking.

Terrible hero balance (winningest hero is at 56.4%, worst hero is at 39.6%). 17% spread between the best and worst hero is pretty bad over that many games. Would be super easy to fix.

Ruining heroes (Chromie) and maps like this that were perfectly fine.

TERRIBLE reporting and banning/suspension system. Not even reviewed, abused and awful.
I guess I have an unpopular opinion then. Garden of terror is (was) terrible, and I love the rework.

Having to kill the bosses to get the seeds is not fun. Doing a boss like that and having the risk of the enemy team coming to wipe you (while you're at a disadvantage taking damage/risk of being stunlocked) should be reserved for doing an OPTIONAL boss of the map. It shouldn't be part of the main objective. They can also steal the seeds easily, like genji can just jump in and dash out.

And unlike haunted mines, there's TWO annoying bosses that spawn every time. Trust me there is a reason you don't see this map in HGC. It sucks. Sorry if you liked it but we have plenty of unique maps like BOE and towers of doom that are really good and fun. Good riddance garden of fail
Pretty sure some people complained about got in here.
yeah I always thought the only problem with Garden was that the vehicle is at spawn. If nothing else, they should make you able to hearth into it -- if you moveclick onto it, your character begins hearthing (unless they're next to it) directly into it, so there's no weird backrotation you have to plan out

it's like how FPS players never look up. MOBA players never look into their own base, even for the obj
09/13/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Ainz
Honestly the rework is good for the HL and Competetive scene because the map is now pretty much like the already good cursed hollow map or tomb of the spider queen.

And they shouldn't be putting balance above making the game fun and unique. Ever.
Cho'Gall and Abathur and Murky are how I get people to try this over other games.
The unique maps with interesting objectives are another selling point, why make them more similar?

09/13/2018 03:25 PMPosted by robertsonb
I also liked that both teams could have the objective at the same time. Is that being removed too?

Yeah, but unfortunately they don't want interesting decision making, because E-sports seems to be about terrible, terrible (game design) I mean damage.
At least on cursed hollow you can sac a tribute or two if you're behind.
At least on Spider Queen you can somewhat prevent them from getting gems, due to your lanes being pushed in.
But this new Garden is going to be more snowbally than Braxxis, because they're trying to force team fights.
They're trying to force compositions.
Dabiri doing Dabiri things.
I actually just went on reddit to see people's reactions, and the redditors aren't exactly happy with the rework either. I see a lot of people complaining that it's just Hollow + tomb. While they dont seem as mad about it as we do, there's a fair amount of backlash (or at least disappointment) to the changes.
09/13/2018 12:32 PMPosted by Ainz
Honestly the rework is good for the HL and Competetive scene because the map is now pretty much like the already good cursed hollow map or tomb of the spider queen.

But yea I'm kinda sad its gone. Couldnt we have just gotten a new map that's like this one? I dont mind the new map but old terror was still fun.

Yeah the HGC is just booming.....
09/13/2018 11:57 AMPosted by cycledance
When you look at the up/downvotes (which is not the same as reddit) and comments on youtube you can see that this change is polarising. (50% downvotes.)

I think you don't understand the voting system on reddit. A highly upvoted link just means it's interesting or relevant for the community. That doesn't mean everyone agrees with these changes.

Actually most comments there are critical as well. https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/9fjroo/garden_of_terror_update/
Jesus christ. They even compared it to old maps in the video. What's wrong with them?

I definitely had things I hated about GoT, but this isn't the way to go.
Bunch o dang randoms with dupe accounts. Fk that noise. This came out of nowhere and destroyed this map :/
09/13/2018 12:50 PMPosted by Sairia
They want to standardize map design in order to make it more fair and balanced in esports.

Yeah, because we are all here for 'standard.'
Currently 2k upvotes vs 2.6k downvotes on youtube.

Please keep both maps as they are entirely different. We can have multiple maps based on the same realm.
this mechanic works fine on Alterac but deleting the old GoT in favor of this newer one (which is basically just alterac) is really silly. The devs are trying too hard to homogenize the game and are going to wind up making it more and more similar to traditional mobas which is a market that this game just doesn't compete in.

People play HOTS specifically because they DON'T want to play LOL or DOTA 2. All things like this do is turn away more and more veteran players in exchange for a temporary influx of hyper casuals from other Mobas who come to play for a week and then leave.
09/13/2018 03:25 PMPosted by robertsonb

pretty much yes.
09/13/2018 07:27 PMPosted by cycledance
Currently 2k upvotes vs 2.6k downvotes on youtube.

Please keep both maps as they are entirely different. We can have multiple maps based on the same realm.

2.7k downvotes now lol. the comments section is glorious.
I think just don't replace old one and add new one as new map is better.
Why are they wasting time and resources reworking a map no one asked them to rework? The game is already on a skeleton crew here, we don't have time for this.