You are all suprised when this shift of the game was obvious.

General Discussion
Remember before Heroes of the Storm 2.0... The whole "HEROES DEFY" (http://heroesdefy.com/en-us/) was being pushed for a reason to jump into HoTS… it clearly didn't work so then a few months later we got HoTS 2.0 and a new "direction" for the development team... look at heroes that captured their "Vision" in HoTS 1.0... and then you go into HoTS 2.0 and you get Heroes like Garrosh that literally make zero sense for their kit and others like Whitemane who could have possibly gotten some kind of temporary mass ress ultimate *Where she revives her allies and they all just become a bunch of aba clones* no ults no talents* but instead we got a minimal effort damage circle or healing circle ultimate.

I personally am fine with this direction HoTS is heading towards since I played a lot of League of legends and Dota 2... but for you people that loved HoTS for its unique "hero brawler" aspect you are pretty much slowly going to lose that game.
09/13/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Darmonic
for you people that loved HoTS for its unique "hero brawler" aspect you are pretty much slowly going to lose that game.

I did like that about Heroes, which is why I cling to characters like TLV and Chen. Starcraft II did the same type of thing. The game was full of fun diverse things you could do if you were creative enough. Then, in the end, they gave MAJOR buffs to the strategies that were "fun to watch" (they made things hypermobile...). It became muta vs medivac vs warp prism every. single. game.

Now we have something balanced around cool looking playmakers they can use to build highlight reels. I supposed it was inevitable.
09/13/2018 06:33 PMPosted by VapidSlug
09/13/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Darmonic
for you people that loved HoTS for its unique "hero brawler" aspect you are pretty much slowly going to lose that game.

I did like that about Heroes, which is why I cling to characters like TLV and Chen. Starcraft II did the same type of thing. The game was full of fun diverse things you could do if you were creative enough. Then, in the end, they gave MAJOR buffs to the strategies that were "fun to watch" (they made things hypermobile...). It became muta vs medivac vs warp prism every. single. game.

Now we have something balanced around cool looking playmakers they can use to build highlight reels. I supposed it was inevitable.
Which is why alot of people are quitting or taking long breaks to see how screwed the game is about to be.
Too be fair all the major MOBA titles right now are radically shifting their design focuses due to the e-sports meme being as big as it is now.

DotA lost a ton of its strategic depth in favor of team fight and gank oriented gameplay with 7.0, and arguably with the 'new meta' nonsense leading up to 7.0 like major hero overhaul, bounty runes, gold increases across the board, nerfs to major pushing heroes for no reason, ect.

LOL as well has gone so far down the Ghostcrawler rabbit hole itself that the game is all about just right click deleting heroes, if a fed carry gets the jump on you you just explode without any time to react at all

HOTS on the other hand has been slowly itself too regressed into a team fight or die metagame, where no single player with enough skill can really do anything, as well different strategies simply don't work, and on top of that they keep releasing more and more assassins and reworking tanks and supports into team fighters and brawlers and strict healers, and the split push meta is simply non-existant.

So no, HOTS isn't really unique in its radical changes, the entire genre is shifting to more of a spectator sport, with explosive fights and split second action oriented non-sense rather then a game with depth and strategy.