Heroes in need of a model upgrade.

General Discussion
09/15/2018 09:25 AMPosted by CCORD
09/15/2018 09:20 AMPosted by LivingHate
Not to mention Kerrigan requiring her SC1 and SC2 skins.

I know this is not quite what the topic was about and I know SC fans will skin me alive for saying this, but I would like her to have the xel naga Kerrigan skin, where all her abilities are made to look more like psionic powers instead of the physical power.

I would love to see that. But she does need to do something about the hair. It was really weird in SC2. Looked more like messed up hair than fire.

For Tyrael, its really not the case of his face or anything, but the fact that his hood is a hexagon. Would be nice to be updated like Malthael or Auriel. Also giving him his D3 moral form as a skin would be nice.
Kerrigan
The list starts and ends with Alex. Only hero in the game with 0 decent looks among all her skins.

Mephisto could have been a lot better.

And let's get Whitemane some pants already!
Uther: He looks like a dwarf. He should be just a bit slender.
Uther is literally an HD remodel of his WC3 model, I would hate to see his proportions changed.

I agree with most/all of your other ones tho.

Arthas should've gotten a remodel with his rework awhile ago.
I wish they had released the BW remodel back then too. So what if people didn't like the Murky remodel, they DID like the BW model, but you released one but not the other? Sigh Blizzard, sigh.
If you play Diablo 2, and you watch Tyrael cinematics, you will notice there is a head and face under the hood.

What? no... He only got a face AFTER he fell from heaven. You need to go play Diablo.
Arthas really. Maybe Uther.

I saw artwork of the suggested Brightwing updated model and man that model looked bad. I'm glad they didn't go through with it. Sure the texturing and detailing was wayyy better and the sculptor did a good job there, but they made her way less cute and just... did something with her head that looked really wrong.

Alex could do with a face remodel, but I've gotten used to her face. Not everyone is perfect.
09/17/2018 12:19 AMPosted by Wyrmheart
If you play Diablo 2, and you watch Tyrael cinematics, you will notice there is a head and face under the hood.

What? no... He only got a face AFTER he fell from heaven. You need to go play Diablo.

I guess I'll have to suggest you the same. You can clearly see he has a head when he fights Tal Rasha/Baal and scolds Marius.

And in Diablo 3, when he becomes mortal, his hood falls just before his human face appears and you can see how he has a translucid head.

But anyway, I just want them to make his hood like Auriel and Malthael so we don't see how his hood is empty.

09/16/2018 11:16 PMPosted by greenegg
Uther: He looks like a dwarf. He should be just a bit slender.
Uther is literally an HD remodel of his WC3 model, I would hate to see his proportions changed.

Did you see his updated statue in Battle for Azeroth? Warcraft 3 player here too, but I do think it would be nice if he looked like that.
Jaina's base model is a lackluster hybrid between her WC3 and WoW appearances. They removed the glowing runes on her cloak which were the coolest part of her WC3 model.

Her appearance in this fan animation is how I wish she looked more in HotS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jol2WkMyTfQ&frags=pl%2Cwn

There was an interview a while back where they talked about this: Basically, with how many skins Arthas has, it would take the Art team more time to redo Arthas' model than it would take them to make 3 completely new heroes from scratch.
One of Hots Team : 10 PSI Kerrigan is using physical thorns to attack the enemy.

Head of team : Incredible idea! You are in charge of everything. Good job. I'm out.
Alexstraza needs some more meat.
09/16/2018 10:33 PMPosted by sancho
The list starts and ends with Alex. Only hero in the game with 0 decent looks among all her skins.

Mephisto could have been a lot better.

And let's get Whitemane some pants already!

how about no pants. no ones forcing you to play her.
09/15/2018 10:36 AMPosted by smurfening
Blizzard is a small indie company, give them a break dude.

No, they were doing this a while back. The community complained so much that they completely reverted back and stopped updating models.
Blizzard knows what Heroes "need" a model update.

They have eyes like you and they want to change everything like you.

They get paid to do it, it's their job.

Things are always changing and being added, there's no need for you to mention simple things like this.

Imagine that the game is already finished and just play it, don't wait for changes to happen.

It's like waiting for the clock to change minute or waiting for someone to call you.
Im on the mephisto bus.. there was a fan created one that was sick.

Found it:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/gwgJe
09/15/2018 02:47 PMPosted by Saur
they did change murky model, and people werent happy ? i dont remenber about that case
I believe it was Brightwing whose model got an overhaul, and after backlash, Blizzard shelved plans to redo the models for Murky and Arthas, even though the latter really needs it.

This was before he got quite a few skins - now it'll take more work to redo his model and animations because they also have to consider his other skins.
09/17/2018 04:49 AMPosted by Flinx

There was an interview a while back where they talked about this: Basically, with how many skins Arthas has, it would take the Art team more time to redo Arthas' model than it would take them to make 3 completely new heroes from scratch.

I feel like it would be worth it to crack down on that. It would make the game much more enjoyable and fun (for me and a couple other people) to have Arthas actually look cool.

I also think it's important since he is one of the most iconic characters of Blizzard, and it would be a shame if he remained looking wrong. I hope they update Arthas.
09/16/2018 07:09 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
Malthael being the angel of wisdom knew very well it was Tyrael… Tyrael might have changed but El'druin , Tyrael's sword and the same sword he has used for an eternity, has not. He would not be very wise if he did not recognize the weapon of one of his allies he fought along side so many times.

Worng. El'druin was used by a human named Jacob (read the books Storm of Light, Sword of Justice and both Tyrael and Deckard's book). So, it is possible to othes to use an angelic weapon.

09/16/2018 07:09 PMPosted by DrSuperGood
Malthael just did not care as he despises all mortals as mortals contain evil. He only spared Tyrael because Tyrael being an angel made mortal has no evil in him. He still tried to pull Tyraels soul, however he stopped after realizing it had no evil.

Exactly what I said. But it is not clear wheter or not Malthael knew, at the time he was pulling Tyrael's soul from his body, that this was indeed Tyrael. he may be the archangel of Wisdom, but because the lack of it, he go into exile. Also, Malthael Chalice of Wisdom (Chalad'ar) is what makes Malthael so wise (together with being the oldest Angel). He spent years looking at it, and seeing everything in a objectivelly form, but he could not see his "brother" becoming mortal in the same way he could not see the sanctuary being created, that is why he abandoned his wisdom aspect, and go to Pandemonium in search for anwser.

He could had think Tyrael was just another human, and tried to reap his soul. When he saw he was pure, and that he had no demonic influence in him, he realizes it is a angel in mortal form, a thing that he could not had know before, because Tyrael was the first Angel to ever did such thing. Seeing an mortal angel using El'druin, and joining humanity, he realizes (because he IS wise) that it is Tyrael, the only male Archangel that could use such sword and was so found of humanity, so much that he became a mortal for his cause.
09/17/2018 03:43 PMPosted by DigitaLegacy
Im on the mephisto bus.. there was a fan created one that was sick.

Found it:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/gwgJe

My big issue is just his face (not the one you posted, that one's great, the in game model). Like I could handle the rest of the body if he had a better looking face but just... WHAT?!
Its just wrong looking for someone like him, like, it looks like he's wearing a mask or something.