Offical rules for punishment vs Hidden rules that will get you silenced

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
09/15/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Nanocat

I've never received a silence in any game before HOTS, I do not swear, I don't tell people they should kill themselves, I don't use real life threats, I don't use racial or sexual abuse. Yet I was silenced, as I'm not allowed by the rules to talk about it, all I can say is the chat log lines quoted were the most ridiculous trifles to penalize a player for.

The worst thing is, apparently I was breaking rules without knowing it as you have the offical Code of Conduct here:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/42673

Yet a reliable source informed me how I was toxic under the expanded and hidden rules that are not on the offical Code of Conduct:

What is commonly called toxic behavior does not necessarily involve the use of profanity or being vulgar. It can be any of the following behaviors:
• degrading others
• insults
• sarcasm
• patronizing (telling others how they should play)
• trolling
• mobbing/bulling
• threats (statements like "report this player")
• Real-life threats (statements like "kys")

I showed this to a friend who commented "well I guess you can't say anything that isn't toxic under those rules". What is more of a concern is how these hidden rules are different from the offical Code of Conduct.

[/quote]

This really shouldn't be happening. How desperate do you have to be to enforce silences and bans with rules the players are unaware of?

Idk what is up with Blizzard, although they didn't always hit the nail on the head balancing their games but they always seemed to act fair towards their playerbase. At least for me, I never had a problem with them.
What is commonly called toxic behavior does not necessarily involve the use of profanity or being vulgar. It can be any of the following behaviors:
• degrading others
• insults
• sarcasm
• trolling
• mobbing/bulling

You don't say? It's almost as if that much was common sense that should be clear to everybody. It's basis for interacting with other people, if getting along 101 is too hard for you then single player games are clearly the thing you should go for.
• degrading others
• insults
• sarcasm
• trolling
• mobbing/bulling

You don't say? It's almost as if that much was common sense that should be clear to everybody. It's basis for interacting with other people, if getting along 101 is too hard for you then single player games are clearly the thing you should go for.

It's hard to believe, isn't it? That some people need this kind of stuff spelled out for them, otherwise, they just cannot control themselves.
People must have a terrible real life if they are incapable of saying anything without degrading others, insulting them, being constantly sarcastic when they do something, patronizing them, trolling them, mobbing/bullying them, threatening them and threaten to kill them irl.

I wish there was a way for them to communicate without telling others to commit suicide irl.
>Sarcasm<

I can't be bothered to read all of this, but I bet there was already a US-American in this thread to rabble something about "safespace ermahgerd."

09/15/2018 07:33 PMPosted by DIMENSIONnr4
you can add "let them end" to your list since my 8 month silence was upheld by a "game master"

Are people really that delusional that they believe throwing a match is acceptable?
09/18/2018 07:35 AMPosted by Roflknife
Are people really that delusional that they believe throwing a match is acceptable?

They have down voted you so they must be that delusional.
How do you even get in trouble in this game. The general chat is always talking about hurting dark skinned people.
09/18/2018 08:24 AMPosted by zenasprime

I like how you're now posting from a 12 post smurf account (which I might remind you is against the rules) because your main apparently got a suspension. The irony is overwhelmingly hilarious. Hypocrite much?
09/18/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Paradox
09/18/2018 08:24 AMPosted by zenasprime

I like how you're now posting from a 12 post smurf account (which I might remind you is against the rules) because your main apparently got a suspension. The irony is overwhelmingly hilarious. Hypocrite much?
I allow it.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

I get timed out on the forums all the time and yet I've never come running to the forums on an alt account to cry about it. Hmm...

Also, I've never been silenced in the game itself. How could that be possible?!

Did they change that in the ToS update of last month? Having smurf accounts used to be allowed within rules. You could have up to five accounts(not sure if that was 5 free accounts or accounts with Blizzard balance), I highly doubt they would've suddenly forbidden them. Even less so given the limit used to be 3 accounts in 2015 as I recall so they actually increased it at some point...
09/18/2018 11:25 AMPosted by Noir

Did they change that in the ToS update of last month? Having smurf accounts used to be allowed within rules. You could have up to five accounts(not sure if that was 5 free accounts or accounts with Blizzard balance), I highly doubt they would've suddenly forbidden them. Even less so given the limit used to be 3 accounts in 2015 as I recall so they actually increased it at some point...
Having multiple accounts is fine, but posting on an alt account while your main account is suspended from the forums is supposed to be a no-no. The moderation on this forum is generally trash though (as evidenced by ~HoH~ continuing to exist) so who knows.
I think it's kind of hillarious how these people can have the nerve to run to the forums to complain about being silenced for the unreasonable and secret offense of

• degrading others
• insults
• sarcasm
• trolling
• mobbing/bulling

Yet they get all bent out of shape and spam that report button if someone has the audacity to call them out on it and take offense if someone calls them an #@$^*&#.

What happened to "delicate snowflakes should just mute chat if they can't handle it".

Hypocrisy runs strong in this crowd, that's for sure.

Oh and I thought this silly thread was suppose to be locked.

Moderator: Locking thread, as it has devolved into personal attacks. Posts with derogatory language directed at other players are a violation of the forum Code of Conduct.
09/15/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Ai
09/15/2018 07:54 PMPosted by NastyNate420
The problem we have here is that HotS isn't governed by an official code of conduct. It is ruled by player rules. If there is no oversight over reporting then reports themselves are invalid and no one should ever be silenced.
What a stupid thing to say.

The Aliance and the Terran are gamer boys with rules because you are followers and you want to be told how to behave and you want to obey rules.

Whatever rule or system or code or law you or anyone else puts in order to regulate Me and help you will be exploited.

War is not perfect and sacrifices have to be done.

It sucks that you got silenced and it sucks that war affects you.

The game is all the things you hate and all the things you love. The game is not matches.

We fight to have matches.

Matches are battles. But there's a war outside.

And we are winning.

What the %#}! are you talking about?
09/15/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Bou
Blizzard doesn't even check reports.

The system autobans whenever you pass the report number threshold.

All this "breaking the rules" nonsense is just bull!@#$ the Blizz gamemasters make up. Blizzard has already confirmed they don't look at reports before banning.

And that's why Blizzard refuses to show evidence when banning. It's because they don't have any evidence at all. They ban first then make up evidence afterwards.

It's an unjust, cheap, and lazy punishment system that's ineffective, abusable, and actively harming the game.

why is this not the most upvoted part of the thread? It's truth vs bs lol
Go look on WoW forums how after they introduced the silence system to it, RBG teams starting reporting people on teams they were facing to get the booted from the match.

Literally coordinating reports on the enemy flag carrier so they would get booted from the match and give them a free win.

Great system!
09/18/2018 07:12 AMPosted by KingFeeder
You don't say? It's almost as if that much was common sense that should be clear to everybody.

We don't have societies built on laws of "common sense", it's called the "word of the law" for a reason. Laws and rules need to be clearly defined so people can follow them. What is common sense to you, is not common sense to another person. Subjective, broad and secret rules have the potential to harm everyone, transparency rarely does.

I wish there was a way for them to communicate without telling others to commit suicide irl.
>Sarcasm<

I can't be bothered to read all of this, but I bet there was already a US-American in this thread to rabble something about "safespace ermahgerd."

If before you decided to comment if you had taken a few seconds to read my post, you would know I was not punished for swearing, telling someone to kill themselves, trolling/mobbing, degrading others etc..

I've already admitted as I didn't know requesting other payers to report someone who is dying on purpose for example was a "threat" as it's not on the Code of Conduct, I no doubt broke that rule, even if that wasn't cited .

I didn't swear, use racial, or sexual slurs, or even a vulgarism like moron. I am prohibited to say what I was punished for, but nothing as severe such as you're suggesting. Clearly many of the rules are not self evident to people as I've seen multiple posters who are proponents of the reporting system state they have asked teammates to report other players. I gather they don't know that's considered a "threat" and they are breaking the rules.

I didn't once post on this thread that I was above having done any wrong. I admitted I broke rules I wasn't even aware of. I have simply come here to request that the rules be more clearly defined, rules that aren't on the Code of Conduct be added there and have a system that does not give so much scope that anything said can be reported.

False reporting should have the same accountability as abusive behavior. At this point there is zero repercussions for those who are using the system irresponsibly to punish others and that should be a concern if you really want a fair and accountable system.

09/18/2018 04:03 AMPosted by Amei
09/18/2018 12:00 AMPosted by Nanocat
I'm genuinely interested why anyone would be opposed to having clear rules people can follow provided for players.
Probably because they are not happy about their own lives.

"First keep peace with yourself, then you can also bring peace to others."

Finally for the first time they have the power to punish people around them for whatever they want so they can feel themselves significant. It's sad but there are miserable people like these.

This makes the most sense of any reason I've seen presented. If it's really the reason people here don't want an open and accountable system it's honestly a bit demoralizing.
I insulted someone at work because no one told me we could not do that. It's their fault!