Offical rules for punishment vs Hidden rules that will get you silenced

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 Next
09/18/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Nanocat
But if the mods wanted to lock it for the reasons stated, that is due to the efforts of primarily three individuals who claim not to be toxic but have "devolved into personal attacks. Posts with derogatory language", at every opportunity.
I don't get why don't they suspend those who sabotage the topic instead of the topic itself?
09/19/2018 09:26 AMPosted by Skrymir
Uninstall this garbage game and don't waste your precious time on this useless forum either.

you can try but as this guy just said its a waste of time I cant stress this enough I know 2 alpha testers who tired to warn about a lot of this stuff they just don't care.
09/18/2018 11:08 PMPosted by Werbs
09/18/2018 11:01 PMPosted by Nanocat

It's you and your post, at least take responsibility for your actions and posts, it's what you accuse others of not doing.

I hate defending Draco, but the moderator's did lock the thread Tuesday morning, the forum bugged and reverted the lock out. In this one instance he's telling the truth for a change.

bull!@#$ they wanted to lock the thread that's a hell of a bug if you are right.

blizzard has memes about being ban happy to anyone who isn't a fan boy and agreeing with them based on past friends experiences im amzed I haven't gotten one yet for how many times ive said all the players are quitting or being banned so all you have left are garbage players. im sure in a day or 2 they will read it and a temp ban will be issues or even a perma. not that I care. im only posting for the small hope they stop the nonsense and actually improve the game. but we all know that aint happening.
09/19/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Amei
09/18/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Nanocat
But if the mods wanted to lock it for the reasons stated, that is due to the efforts of primarily three individuals who claim not to be toxic but have "devolved into personal attacks. Posts with derogatory language", at every opportunity.
I don't get why don't they suspend those who sabotage the topic instead of the topic itself?

the same reason they have let the report function degrade to where everything is reportable. I really need to look this up but one of there streams was falsly banned all kinds of admissions saying as much.

it the internet there are people who will figure it out no matter how much you lie report dont have wight they just have numbers you repor someone enough they will get a ban. the blizzard employ had to mannul overide the ban because they couldnt reprogam the bot.
09/19/2018 09:28 AMPosted by CHIKENWAZERE
Uninstall this garbage game and don't waste your precious time on this useless forum either.

you can try but as this guy just said its a waste of time I cant stress this enough I know 2 alpha testers who tired to warn about a lot of this stuff they just don't care.

So, just to reiterate my previous point

#LocalMute

Make it a thing people. Lol
And yet, there are many people who have never been silenced or banned. I wonder why... maybe, just maybe, because they are not toxic and rude?

Seriously, I have not once been silenced or banned, you just need to play by the rules and your safe. I am happy that Blizzard is acting accordingly, gaming has become a big home for people with bad manners and this needs to stop.
09/19/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Espinosa
And yet, there are many people who have never been silenced or banned. I wonder why... maybe, just maybe, because they are not toxic and rude?

This is not a compelling argument, many people who have committed crimes are never punished for them. Many people who haven't committed crimes can be falsely punished. When this happens a reasonable society wants to know what can be done to improve flaws in the system.

Please read this thread, a large majority of the posters here who claim they aren't toxic and understand the rules as "common sense" have broken them including swearing and personal abuse. Some have also admitted they are toxic in game, but have never been silenced. If you care about catching people who are really toxic, you must at least acknowledge there is a flaw in a system that allows those people not to be detected by it.

Seriously, I have not once been silenced or banned, you just need to play by the rules and your safe. I am happy that Blizzard is acting accordingly, gaming has become a big home for people with bad manners and this needs to stop.

Which rules are those? As there are the rules stated in the offical Code of Conduct and there are other rules not stated there that will get you silenced. Many of the rules such as "trolling" or "sarcasm" are so broad and subjective innocent communication can be used to punish people who are guilty of nothing.

As many people have also noted, the more games you play a day, the higher chance you have of being silenced. This system is far from being fair or even accountable, if it were rules would be stated clearly, there would be no undisclosed rules and people who false report would be accountable and penalized.

This kind of testimony is getting REALLY boring to read, again that's another player that doesn't play the game enough to be exposed to the report abuse. 100% irrelevant.

/sarcasm
"I have never been killed nor have I ever witnessed anyone beeing killed, therefor murder is a myth."
"I have never seen anyone dying in a battlefield so I can easily conclude that wars are just lies and only exist in books and videogames."
/endsarcasm
09/15/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Bou
Blizzard doesn't even check reports.

The system autobans whenever you pass the report number threshold.

All this "breaking the rules" nonsense is just bull!@#$ the Blizz gamemasters make up. Blizzard has already confirmed they don't look at reports before banning.

And that's why Blizzard refuses to show evidence when banning. It's because they don't have any evidence at all. They ban first then make up evidence afterwards.

It's an unjust, cheap, and lazy punishment system that's ineffective, abusable, and actively harming the game.

yep, can confirm this. Blizzard does not check reports, its auto-bot BS.
you can and WILL get silenced EVEN WHEN YOU PLAY WITH CHAT OFF. Happened right here bois. Happened to me, happened to a friend of mine.
seems you can also get banned/suspended even if you play with the chat off as well....
Blizzard just doesnt care about this piece of !@#$ game anymore.
No one I knew from alpha or beta are still around... I quit, but come back to the forums basically just so I can be satisfied that I was right in quitting this %^-*.
I used to support the hell out of this game, lots of friends did... but Blizzard doesnt care about the veteran players that supported a horrible platform and Matchmaker, b/c we thought Blizzard would listen and try to fix things... nah...
just cater to the ultra-snowflake-casuals.
Dont feel upset, just quit and dont look back.
Dont try to make a difference, no one cares to listen.
Dont get frustrated with the game, the game used to be fun and all, but just went to !@#$. no one cares about it.
09/16/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Adûnâi
09/16/2018 01:07 AMPosted by StrikerJolt
Man! I can't wait Draco and Morthion to show up in this thread to tell you all that you're just being toxic and deserve to be banned. :D

Maybe, he is? Why have streamers not been banned? Why is Reddit silent on the issue? Why is it only the [famously disgustingly hilariously toxic] forums that talk about it? Maybe, YOU are the problem?

Again, the number of reports decides it, not some rules. I was silenced two years ago for a day because I told Lunara to take the PvE talent on BoE. I learnt my lesson. Was never silenced again.

I've even been getting e-mails from Blizzard commending my reporting skills! And that's considering I played very little over the past months. I think the system is fine.

P.S. Condolences about your loss.

Streamers have been banned, for example grubby, reddit posts get deleted, forums posts used to get locked on the matter.

What was the lesson you learned, to not communicate? Wonderfull way to promote a community right?
09/20/2018 02:48 AMPosted by m3rlin
09/15/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Bou
Blizzard doesn't even check reports.

The system autobans whenever you pass the report number threshold.

All this "breaking the rules" nonsense is just bull!@#$ the Blizz gamemasters make up. Blizzard has already confirmed they don't look at reports before banning.

And that's why Blizzard refuses to show evidence when banning. It's because they don't have any evidence at all. They ban first then make up evidence afterwards.

It's an unjust, cheap, and lazy punishment system that's ineffective, abusable, and actively harming the game.

yep, can confirm this. Blizzard does not check reports, its auto-bot BS.
you can and WILL get silenced EVEN WHEN YOU PLAY WITH CHAT OFF. Happened right here bois. Happened to me, happened to a friend of mine.

At least now you can't get reported when you don't chat at all. I was silenced 2x with disabled chat and they sent me copy paste code of conduct link and closed the ticket when I reopened it to appeal the obviously unjust penalty. I also have a friend who got silenced with disabled chat. At first he got silenced because he talked to salty feeders then he fed up and disabled his chat to avoid silence penalty in the future. 6 months later he got silenced again and when he asked the GM what did he say with disabled chat. The GM sent half + year old chat lines once he was already silenced for.
Topic is too good to let get burried.
09/20/2018 07:00 AMPosted by Sio
Topic is too good to let get burried.

Have to admit I'm really surprised the thread hasn't been locked yet ... I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel now though ; it seems that enough people are now feeling the consequences of the state of the report system.
Our voices are clearly starting to echo and some people like Draco are feeling the "red thumb shame" over their nasty opinions. Even if blizzard quickly locked his previous n@z1-l1k3 topic the community had some time to downvote it to hell. Btw I do believe that the thread was locked not for his content (you can google "reported people should loose their heroes" if you want to find the post ; edit : nope you can't, the post should not be too far in the history yet though, I'm afraid linking to the closed thread would be a violation though) but because their most dedicated "report system attorney" was quickly loosing all credibility without any hope to ever earn it back.

I can see light ! We're almost there !
There have been previous theads of people making smurf accounts and reporting their main accounts once a day (while the smurf account wouldn't play games) and the main account would get a silence.. from unjust unwarranted reports.

The majority of players knows this I think by now.

#LocalMute

Also, I suggest just playing with friends in full groups. That is your best bet in all honesty because if you type or don't type you still get reported by random trolls / angry players.
I once got banned from the WoW Vanilla forums because I pointed out the hypocrisy of the posters. One said that the pirate servers for vanilla wow was illegal, another poster said we should ddos them.

I copied both responses and said "liberal logic".

BAM! Banned.

Hell I might get banned here for just mentioning the lunacy of it.
09/20/2018 11:04 AMPosted by SaGe
There have been previous theads of people making smurf accounts and reporting their main accounts once a day (while the smurf account wouldn't play games) and the main account would get a silence.. from unjust unwarranted reports.

The majority of players knows this I think by now.

There is an abundance of evidence exposing how easy it is to abuse this system, it's astonishing to see anyone even trying to advocate for it in it's current form. The argument you see most often is "I've never been silenced", which is perhaps the weakest and most irrelevant argument you can make.

09/20/2018 11:04 AMPosted by SaGe
#LocalMute

Aside from Real Life Threats, Cheating/Botting/Hacking/AFK/Intentionally Dying, Racial and Sexual Harassment, which all should be reported. The game already gives you all the tools to block any chat you don't like and there is a mature language filter to boot. You can even mute pings if someone is ping happy, there really is no need to ban people for trivial and subjective things like sarcasm or patronizing behavior.

In the past before I was regrettably forced to disable my chat, I would give a compliment to a fellow player on an impressive play, often a compliment would be perceived as sarcasm and I'd be reported for abuse. How ridiculous that reports like those are accepted as valid under this current system.

On another thread someone suggested people should be limited to three reports a week. This seems like a sensible option to me, instead of people just using the system as a weapon to report people they don't like or trivial matters, players would be more inclined to report grievous breaches of conduct. This should also help Blizzard with a reduction in the presumably massive amount of reports they wade through daily and save them some money in the process.
So this is why people don't say a word in chat? I thought I was matched with bots.
Just shut chat off. Become the ONE MAN ARMY and hope you have the skills to pay the bills and carry to a win. At this time in HoTS if you say ANYTHING in chat, you open that ban closet. Thank the nerds 4evr v1rgnz who never learned how to fight back on the internet where everyone is batman have hurt feeliez wah wah so sad mommy he was mean to me on da game wahhhh.

#creepyuncleblizz #creepybansystem #growapair #talkthatish #yourebatman
09/19/2018 09:28 AMPosted by CHIKENWAZERE

They don't care indeed, and this mentality will kill the game.

So many of us are getting crapped on and they have yet to chime in on this widespread problem.
Not coming back to this fu****g garbage game even if they completely fixed the system and paid me $9001 per game.
Hope every single person who had any say in making/upholding this system becomes homeless and loses everything.