HL queues up to 20 mins

General Discussion
Since the patch, I've started TL, did 40 games with a group of Diamond+ players, landed placements in gold 5, my HL is Plat 4. I switched to HL after those games, and the queue times were suddenly that long. I noticed when I win my HL games, I received over +20 Personal Rating Adjustment, bizarre for my normal +1 after winning 5 consecutive games. I don't know if the patch caused the long queues, or somehow, my TL expedition affected my HL MMR, as far as I know, they are two separate MMRs, but I can't figure out why my queues are suddenly this unbearably long, and since other people aren't having the same queue times, I figured something is off.

My Battletag is Spooks#2748, add me if you want more information, appreciate all your help
bump
It's not just you, the game has been bleeding players for months now (much more than usually). Even reddit which is usually full of fanboys, is filled with complaints of 15-20+ minute ranked queues.
Get rid of unranked draft and vs ai.
Just dump HL since people seem to hate it so much. You're not going to get AI, UR or QM people to ever play it.
09/16/2018 02:45 PMPosted by Shapeshifter
It's not just you, the game has been bleeding players for months now (much more than usually). Even reddit which is usually full of fanboys, is filled with complaints of 15-20+ minute ranked queues.

It's what happens when people make complaints and the fanboys show up to tell them not to let the door hit them in the !@# on the way out.
same here and been posting here about it since last week.. no blue response. 20 min que times for 1 of my 2 accounts. look at my post history
What time of day and rank are you playing at? I'm at the high end where the system has the lowest percentage of players to match me against and I don't see queue times above 5 minutes unless I'm playing during dead hours of the day.
09/16/2018 07:02 PMPosted by f1cti0n
same here and been posting here about it since last week.. no blue response. 20 min que times for 1 of my 2 accounts. look at my post history
Yea same, one account is fine, other super slow. Weird bug
People complained to no end about Masters/ diamond players getting paired with lower ranked player in favor to speed up Q times.

People complain now because of long Q times caused by players now being matched within there ranks after the community pretty much overwhelmingly said they were willing to wait for better quality matches.

Talk about a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for blizzard.
Since the game is dying due to bad matchmaking and bad reporting, you need to get rid of AI and unranked draft. Also, allow someone to just have 10 heroes to play HL. Trust me getting more heroes does not make them a better player. Also, someone can have 5 healers and not fill the last spot with a healer because they mad or trolling.
There isn't one good response to my specific situation. Let me rephrase, over the course of one week, HL queue went from 2-3 mins average up to 20+ mins average, and also, I am weirdly getting 20+ personal rating adjustment which also didn't used to happen a week ago. If you're whining for an overall long queues or game is dead go find an appropriate post, because the game didn't lose 90% of its playerbase over 1 week as I explained. I am experiencing this at high populated times over the weekend, at between 1pm to 11pm.

I'd like a response from blizzard but for some reason I posted this on EU forums, don't know how it got here on US...
09/16/2018 10:04 PMPosted by QuantumThief
Since the game is dying due to bad matchmaking and bad reporting, you need to get rid of AI and unranked draft. Also, allow someone to just have 10 heroes to play HL. Trust me getting more heroes does not make them a better player. Also, someone can have 5 healers and not fill the last spot with a healer because they mad or trolling.

That's not a solution since there are 3 bans per team now.

So what happens if the 10 hero player has 6 of his heroes banned (unlikely, but it can happen) and 4 of them picked by allies or enemies before he gets to pick?

That's right, the match would get abandoned and he would get -600 points penalty since he can't select a hero.

So there is really no way around requiring players to have 16 heroes for HL simply because there are 6 total bans and 10 hero picks.
All go to TL. Forget about HL atlast. If thou want to train skill as i for example ( i am flex ), go to QM or Undraft.
For some reason I enjoy seeing these ridiculous queue times.

It feels like Blizzard put the game on life support when they removed matchmaking restrictions. And then, instead of using their borrowed time to fix the game, they pushed forward with 2.0 and monetizing the game. Then after the community backlash over horrible matchmaking quality, they finally pulled the plug on the game and the truth was revealed: under normal matchmaking circumstances (needing to match you with players near your skill level), the game is almost completely dead. They had their chance to make this game great, and instead they blew it on 2.0. They showed us where there priorities were with 2.0, and players took the hint.

So when I see that queue times are getting longer and longer, it actually makes me happy because that means that gamers are still smart enough to recognize when developers care more about money than making great games, and that they still refuse to let that attitude succeed.

09/17/2018 03:27 AMPosted by LuykAndRocco
All go to TL. Forget about HL atlast. If thou want to train skill as i for example ( i am flex ), go to QM or Undraft.

And for the love of God, stop using this garbage myth that the problem lies in the game mode. The problem lies with the game. Every game mode is garbage.
09/17/2018 03:44 AMPosted by Lightning
And for the love of God, stop using this garbage myth that the problem lies in the game mode. The problem lies with the game. Every game mode is garbage.

Of course garbage, who's to argue? But better than HL a lot.
The wait is a good thing. means the matchmaker actually cares to create a decent match. Compare to Quick Noob.
On that note.. it might not also be able to find enough feeders for your team when you are winning too much so there is that. Whatever it is, it is deliberate and prob Blizz attempting to make changes in the background.
Still no post from blue on this.. such a joke. My account has been like this since patch