Mephisto: born to be bad

General Discussion
It's such a relief having a hero where nothing is expected of me for the first nine levels, then 10+ all I have to do is 2.5 seconds of work every 2 minutes.
But seriously, can we talk about how god-awful almost every aspect of his kit is? I do not know how he can be called an assassin, aside from his ult and the fact that he's even less the other three categories. His kit is just AWFUL.
Q: Pathetic damage, trivial CC, wildly inaccurate due to inexplicable need for delay
W: Decent, if not amazing damage, but requires skill (or stupid opponents).
E: Damage so low I don't know why it's even included. Mostly useful as a dodge or to secure a kill against extremely low-health enemies. Not useful as an escape, since it delivers you alone into enemy hands if your team flees.
AA: Sorry, this entry should not be included, as he does not seem to have AA that any of my enemies have noticed.
Ult #1: Supreme insane god mode.
Ult #2: A harder-to-land version of Malf's entangling roots, but with 6x the cooldown.
Would ANYONE ever pick this guy if not for Consume Souls? Like, I can't believe how bad his kit is. If his damage were doubled (for all but CS), I'd still be leery.
Compare his Q to Chromie's: Shorter range, similar delay, triple the baseline cooldown, trade 20% slow and penetration (which Chromie can talent) for triple the damage (baseline, pre-quest). Or even to Alexstrasza's flame buffet, which ALSO deals more damage with a shorter cooldown and better slow.
Compare his W to Fenix. Assuming both land all hits, that's about 20% extra damage for Mephisto, but Fenix also slows them (and by more than Meph's Q) and has a wider targeting arc, making it easier to land subsequent hits.
Or compare his E to... well, anybody with a teleport. Fenix is another handy analog, and has better range, can actually use it as a full escape/pursue instead of a dodge/swipe.
And then there's the AA. For a guy who they made it SO hard to deal damage one on one or in team fights, and whose cooldowns are agonizingly long if you burn abilities on wave/merc clear, they give him an AA with weakened range and damage that lands him smack dab in between Baleog and Erik.
Then, to compensate, they let him reveal and nuke the enemy party for solid damage, no skill, no dodge, and a 20 talent to up damage and reset on kill. Like that makes it OK that he's trash tier the other 117.5 seconds of that window.
This guy's bad enough I want there to be a way to delete him from my account. Not even asking for a refund; I just don't want to risk that using Random hero select will ever make me play him again.
You're wrong.
09/14/2018 04:07 AMPosted by TadCooper
E: Damage so low I don't know why it's even included. Mostly useful as a dodge or to secure a kill against extremely low-health enemies. Not useful as an escape, since it delivers you alone into enemy hands if your team flees.
Working as intended. That ability is for dodge and CC mitigation not for playing Teleport Ming without the need to build for it.
W: Decent, if not amazing damage, but requires skill (or stupid opponents).
Even without talents this ability has higher dps (a lot more often) than Consume Souls. His W ability can do so much dmg.
Q:
Mostly for cdr. It also helps you hit with W, because they are slowed.
AA:
He's not meant to deal much AA dmg.
Ult #2:
Needs some kind of buff.
His dmg is insane. His lvl 16 giantkiller is nuts.
(Sidenote: you can counter Consume Souls with a few things some of them are basically universal and it's not entirely "noskill".)
Pathetic damage you say? I end up top dmg almost every game. Sometimes twice the amount of the nearest person. A good lightning nova can chunk so much. Pretty sure they will nerf his "pathetic dmg".

If you want some hints on how to mephisto. Try to wait for a melee initiator to keep the ennemies busy. Then teleport into 4 people and start nova'ing everything. Woops now you had 100k + dmg in a 18min game

E: Damage so low I don't know why it's even included. Mostly useful as a dodge or to secure a kill

Sure the dmg is low but it contributes to his trait. When I use I always try to hit atleast 2ppl with it and combo that with hitting your other 2 abilities good then you are constantly teleporting.
I like many others are are consistently getting highest dmg by a long shot, nearly every game I get the “Scrapper” ribbon at the end, so really the underperformance claim is your issue and not the hero.
The only thing I can agree with you is that Durance of Hate is bad.

Why do people keep acting like Consume Souls is a global Pyroblast that kills everyone 100% of the time. it is being blown out of proportion like crazy, I can only agree the 20 upgrade is overtuned.