Balance patch 19-09

General Discussion
Balance patch notes up 19-09-2018

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/22484228/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-september-17-2018-2018-9-17/

toughts ?
You forgot about this one
https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-gb/blog/22484230/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-september-19-2018-2018-9-17/

Looks cool
Im just happy they didnt remove kerrigans Splash dmg talent
So basically they make Kerrigan not combo dependent as long as you hit your E. Her 180 AOE damage makes up for missing the combo
interesting.

according to these forums tyrande was so ruined, so bad, and did so little damage, that they had to nerf her across the board. Her healing and her damage.

how peculiar for a rework that was "ruined"
BW looks pretty amazing, though i could not yet play her on the PTR.

Tyrande on the other hand is still in the gutter as they did not adress any of the problems in the balance patch; got to wait for her next rework i guess.
What are you asking?

You are in a !@#$ing forum.

It's sucks that people answer to stupid one word questions.
new GoT objective is too strong played it on PTR
kerrigan feels pretty good so far. Pulse timing will defiantly take practice, esp for the 2nd one as the slightest hesitation can cause it to miss. The appeal of different talents seems pretty solid and choices aren't directly dependent on previous synergies, so while she'll still have q,aa,etc type builds, the pieces seem fairly interchangeable to me, so its pretty much the right-kind of talent tree for mixing all the blizz design goals to making the choices impact her strengths and play style, esp in how she uses her combos.
Expected Mephisto refinement, the buffs to Durance of Hate don't seem bad but it will still be outclassed by Consume Souls.

Warriors' HP buff (and Yrel mana cost nefs)look sweet and the Tyrael buff on Righteousness cost and CD is really tasty.
Good Map for Vikings.

Aaaand its gone.
I like that Arthas got some HP buffs.
Blaze tweaks are interesting. His mana costs got a decent increase.

Tyrande was toned down a tad which is ok. Whitemane barely got a nerf which is strange.

Kerri in PTR. Q has so many talents that look great. Must try it when i get home! is ptr up??
09/17/2018 01:04 PMPosted by LordShoe
interesting.

according to these forums tyrande was so ruined, so bad, and did so little damage, that they had to nerf her across the board. Her healing and her damage.

You seem to misunderstand the complaints about Tyrande losing damage.

The issue isn't that the Hero is too weak now, the issue is that she can no longer do the things people liked to do with her. Even if the Hero did get other (stronger) things with her healer kit in return, that doesn't change that she is mostly ruined as a dps Hero.

Also don't misunderstand the damage nerf. It's not that Tyrande's damage is too good by itself, it's that it's too good alongside the rest of her healing kit.
09/17/2018 01:53 PMPosted by GeorgeV
09/17/2018 01:04 PMPosted by LordShoe
interesting.

You seem to misunderstand the complaints about Tyrande losing damage.

The issue isn't that the Hero is too weak now, the issue is that she can no longer do the things people liked to do with her. Even if the Hero did get other (stronger) things with her healer kit in return, that doesn't change that she is mostly ruined as a dps Hero.

Also don't misunderstand the damage nerf. It's not that Tyrande's damage is too good by itself, it's that it's too good alongside the rest of her healing kit.

you demonstrate over and over again that you have no clue what balance is, or the value of utility + healing + damage on a support.
09/17/2018 01:47 PMPosted by DigitaLegacy

Kerri in PTR. Q has so many talents that look great. Must try it when i get home! is ptr up??

yup
Still Tassadar is without buffs. Great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBLdQ1a4-JI
why is sharpened blades listed as being removed than listed as a "NEW" level 4 talent when it was quite clearly JUST MOVED FROM LEVEL 1 TO LEVEL 4 and had it's function changed? is it really that hard to rewrite a single word?
this is the kind of mistake i would expect in third grade english class not from a aaa company. it looks unprofessional and lazy.
At this point I`m kinda curious why they still refuse to touch azmo. He is at the top of the win+pickrates for like 6-7 weeks now and they still refuse to tone down his kit a little

09/17/2018 01:00 PMPosted by Geisard
So basically they make Kerrigan not combo dependent as long as you hit your E. Her 180 AOE damage makes up for missing the combo

If she misses her combo, 2.5s are an awful long time to stick around enemies.

Besides that, her new lvl16:
"After stunning an enemy with Impale, Kerrigan deals an additional 75 damage the next 6 times she damages them within the next 5 seconds"

Basically doubles the combodmg if you can get it off.

And this kind of talent kinda irritates me (kerri has like 3 others that are similar). It basically shouts Maelstorm, because it is so much easier to trigger the dmg with it. I hope Ultralisk still has its place
I don't quite like BW's Emerald Wind nerf. Damage decreased, healing bonus removed. And the level 20 upgrade is terrible, as she will run out of mana after casting it 3 times, and each cast requires to be manually activated.
It also seems like she lost her physical armor talent, that was really good against heroes like Zul'Jin, Greymane, Valla, etc.

Tyrande lost some healing, but her damage wasn't touched, idk why that dude claims it was nerfed... Only Trueshot Aura's damage bonus was reduced, but that's non-existent for Tyrande herself, as she already doesn't deal any damage with basic attacks.

And Blaze... he's quite mana hungry already... think he'll feel like Rehgar till his most recent changes.

Good to see ETC getting some HP buff, gosh is he squishy tank or what... but I would also like to see his trait building up its duration.

But let's not forget Nova. She's finally getting some love. They are really trying to make people take Snipe talents now :D
It may actually become a viable build now :P

I would've liked seeing Genji's Dragonstrike damage reduced to 220 again instead of his Swift Strike... it's Dragonstrike that makes him feel OP.

Chromie getting some love too :D Hopefully it will be enough :P
So happy BW will be a decent solo support. She was always lackluster.

And I always felt her Z should come with healing or shield baseline, which it now does.