Balance patch 19-09

General Discussion
falstad got litle buffs as well, less mana
So she doesn't have a respawning Ultra anymore?
reading brightwing's notes......they also seem to have an inconsistent structure in indicating if something has been increased/reduced or not. also anyone have any idea why kerrigan's range is being reduced? the comments didn't say. overall i have mixed feelings on this rework.
09/17/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Saur

where is this?
09/17/2018 02:19 PMPosted by WereElf
And Blaze... he's quite mana hungry already... think he'll feel like Rehgar till his most recent changes.

Blaze can be mana hungry if you are spamming W+Q to clear waves as fast as possible, but if you rely on your AAs a bit more for clear, they cleave, and take Incinerator Gauntlets to hold your Q for heroes, it isn't too bad. I am a little sad over the Bunker nerfs, but they are understandable, and at my rank, people never use them effectively anyway.

I gave you a Bunker! Choose to live!

They run away and die.

:(
09/17/2018 01:14 PMPosted by Zeorg
new GoT objective is too strong played it on PTR

What? Three of what was considered the strongest vehicle in the game pushing in all three lanes simultaneously with CC immunity is overwhelming and frustrating? YA DON'T SAY!
09/17/2018 02:42 PMPosted by breadisfunny
09/17/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Saur

where is this?

Hammerang (Q)
Mana cost reduced from 70 to 60
Lightning Rod (W)
Cooldown reduced from 15 to 13 seconds
Mana cost reduced from 70 to 60
Barrel Roll (E)
Cooldown reduced from 14 to 13 seconds
Mana cost reduced from 75 to 70
Flight (Z)
Cooldown increased from 55 to 60 seconds

https://heroesofthestorm.com/en-us/blog/22484230/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-september-19-2018-2018-9-17/#falstad
why did they increase flight cooldown?
09/17/2018 03:01 PMPosted by breadisfunny

To balance him with his buffs I think?
Does it mean Arthas solo tank at last? He will have more HP than Jojo and Muradin, but less only than Chogall, Stitches, Blaze. Also maybe Blaze solo tank now since he was more solo laner.
09/17/2018 03:07 PMPosted by DrLogan
09/17/2018 03:01 PMPosted by breadisfunny

To balance him with his buffs I think?

Dehakas Global is at 60s, Falstad+BW`s global gets changed to 60. I guess 60 is what they consider a good cooldown for global abilities
09/17/2018 01:59 PMPosted by LordShoe
09/17/2018 01:53 PMPosted by GeorgeV

You seem to misunderstand the complaints about Tyrande losing damage.

The issue isn't that the Hero is too weak now, the issue is that she can no longer do the things people liked to do with her. Even if the Hero did get other (stronger) things with her healer kit in return, that doesn't change that she is mostly ruined as a dps Hero.

Also don't misunderstand the damage nerf. It's not that Tyrande's damage is too good by itself, it's that it's too good alongside the rest of her healing kit.

you demonstrate over and over again that you have no clue what balance is, or the value of utility + healing + damage on a support.

You still don't understand any of the Tyrande complaints, do you?

I'm perfectly aware of those values, or that it would be overpowered for a single Hero to have all three of those. I know she can't be allowed to have that much damage when she can also heal so much. (At least I assume that's your point).

That is exactly why I dislike the rework. The problem is that they gave Tyrande way too much healing, leaving her with too little room in her 'power budget' for damage. I would much rather have had a Tyrande with emphasis on Damage + Utility (but little healing), instead of the current focus on Healing + Utility (but little damage).
----

Anyway, back on the main topic:

I like it, lots of good changes, no real bad ones.

The only thing i'm a bit apprehensive about is the Chromie/Nova changes; I do like the straight buffs, but would've preferred them in other areas.
09/17/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Azula
So she doesn't have a respawning Ultra anymore?

I think she should still have that. There's no mention of the talent being removed, nor is there any talent that would replace it as 20 upgrade. (She does get a new 20 to replace nexus blades, but no new R2 upgrade).
So Consume Souls remains the same...
09/17/2018 01:47 PMPosted by DigitaLegacy
Tyrande was toned down a tad which is ok. Whitemane barely got a nerf which is strange.

I don't think its strange at all because based on the statistics we have available to us, Whitemane maybe didn't even need a nerf at all in the first place.

Not only was she below 50% winrate overall in HL the past week (50.8% for master/diamond, which is very acceptable), but she has so far been performing very poorly in HGC with less than 40% winrate.

That said, it is possible that her HL winrate is down solely as a result of Tyrande's resurgence.
I'm just glad raynor and hammer got nerfed so I wont see Cris play the same 3-4 heroes on his stream.