Can you please take a look at the AI?

General Discussion
I just played a game vs the AI (yes, I'm casual trash, I know) and we got roflstomped. The enemy team was already hard enough with a Johanna, Varian, Morales, Medhiv and Guldan, but my "team" just, well, gave up. How else would you call it if your team just decides to go after the bosses instead of, well, playing the game? We managed to get a curse off, but instead of pushing, they decided to go after the boss (and failed, by the way, obviously). The last thing you want to see when you're doing your best to defend is to see Murky and Lucio try to down a boss. Well, no, actually, that's watching Samuro take on a boss solo and get oneshotted. Yes, both things happened. In Murky and Lucio's defense, when Samuro came to help, they nearly got him down, but then ran away when the boss just had a sliver of health, so all that time was in vain.

And this wasn't the only time. It seems the enemy team always knows how to play the map while the supporting AI just, well, runs around. On Alterac Valley, while the enemies are attacking the camps and fighting off the adds, my team just runs off to whatever as soon as the camp is taken. Adds? Yeah, I'm sure Jaina will be able to solo them.

The worst offender is Hammer. Whenever it's a rightclick objective, she just parks her little tank next to it, and that's it. A nuke on the ground? Let's stop next to it and see if anyone else shows up. Nine coins on Booty Bay? Right next to Blackbeard is a good place to hang out.

So, can you please take a look at the behaviour of the AI on the supporting team? I don't care about how hard the opposition is, but this deliberate sabotage is just too much to handle. If I were to behave like the AI does in QM, I'd be reported faster than it took for me to type up this post.
After reading this I pray non of these AI main players decide to enter the QM player vs player scene. God help whoever they have as teammates.
I think they deliberately give you worse bots to make up for you being human.

But, if you're annoyed with the AI doing what they feel like, you can ping each bot and they will follow you around the map and try to support you. Until you die, at least. But you can get them to behave and be productive in this manner.
I do not understand why do you play with AI vs AI?
I tried AI teammates vs. AI years ago and I had the same frustrating experience. This issue has been around for a long time. The AI you get as teammates are much worse than the ones you face. I switched to Co-op vs. AI and it's a much better experience. Stick with Beginner or Recruit AI for casual games or Veteran and Expert for more challenging games.

The Adept AI is a coin toss. Some allies are completely new to the game since it's the default option so you might have to carry 4 other players. I had to do that once with a support.
09/21/2018 04:58 AMPosted by Sublime
After reading this I pray non of these AI main players decide to enter the QM player vs player scene. God help whoever they have as teammates.
If you read between the lines the topic creator is complaining how bad ally AI is in Versus AI mode with exclusively ally AI (1 human, 9 AI).

The ally AI lacks a hive minds so acts solo. Hence why even at Elite level they play many times worse than the enemy AI.

Also I play mostly Versus AI and wipe the floor with so many human players in Brawl. Playing Versus AI well can get you up to Platinum rank skill level, just beyond that PvP experience is important.
09/21/2018 05:22 AMPosted by vknez
I do not understand why do you play with AI vs AI?
Exactly my question. I mostly play Versus AI with human allies and generally (not always) the level of competence far exceeds AI allies.
09/21/2018 05:33 AMPosted by IMBAlanced
AI and it's a much better experience. Stick with Beginner or Recruit AI for casual games or Veteran and Expert for more challenging games.
l play Elite since the AI is so stupid and easy anyway. Only some very specific comps with very bad allies and comps can possibly lose. Elite AI will not even bother defending their core on Dragon Shire or Hanumura if objective is up.

Mostly AI Sylvanas is the big problem, and only if she takes Mind Control at 10. This is because the instant you poke your head into range she will drag you into her team for a secure kill. >>90% of Versus AI games I recently lost was due to an Elite Sylvanas who took Mind Control. If you have a competent team this is no problem since you engage and win. However if your allies play extremely badly so are always dead your only option is to solo and Mind Control hard counters any sort of solo poke/play.
09/21/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Cenerae
I think they deliberately give you worse bots to make up for you being human.

Nah, not true, have you seen Genji bot, it's inhuman!
09/21/2018 05:17 AMPosted by Cenerae
But, if you're annoyed with the AI doing what they feel like, you can ping each bot and they will follow you around the map and try to support you. Until you die, at least. But you can get them to behave and be productive in this manner.
They won't help you on Alterac Pass. No matter how many times you ping the obj or ping them to follow you, the instant a camp is capped they all run away and leave you by yourself to face the enemy ai deathball that shows up when the progress bar is about 80% complete.

Hanamura they're also bugged, and will clump up at already captured vision camps as if attempting to cap them again.

Blackheart's, Cursed Hollow, and Braxis, they will engage the boss 1 or 2 at a time and die, respawn, repeat.

Dragon Shire they will rotate back and forth between the two shrines at the exclusion of absolutely everything else happening on the map. Core under attack? Cap shrines...

And on any given map they'll run past the minion waves and dive forts solo. It's maddening when you get 3+ kills then your allies immediately suicide into forts. The AI are beyond garbage, their programming makes no sense, and feels like they were coded by an intern.

I really pity new players as well, as vs beginner AI will put you, the support, on a team with 3 tanks and thrall vs tank, healer, Valla, Raynor, Tychus. With the rework to Raynor he is ridiculously more effective than your teammates. Tychus can 1v2 them no prob. Lucio does 3-4x the healing of the other supports and kites with inhuman precision, staying at exactly max range no matter what. If I was a brand new player trying to practice different heroes and get a feel for the game in vs AI I'd probably uninstall pretty quick.
I'd find it more fun if the AI was able to win games more frequently.
I lost an AI match once when I was trying out Ana. It was before I knew that I could just ping all the bots on my team to force them to group with me. The AI queue was dead so even though I queued for a co-op it put me with AI teammates after a while of waiting. The map was Dragonshire, and the bots on my team would neutralize the shrines, but would just run back and forth, taking whatever shrine the other team didn't have. The enemy team was able to eventually take the Dragon, but the AI I was paired with refused to fight at any shrine or contribute much to defending against the dragon with me.

I was able to kill enemy bots 1 on 1, but I couldn't do much as Ana when they decided to group up for the shrines, which my own AI refused to do. We also had the Vikings and one of them spent a good chunk of the game trying to take the siege ogres, and once they finally managed to down them, ran back and forth not capping the camp and not leaving either. He just acted like a Lunara wisp providing vision of the camp he refused to take for the rest of the game.

Teammate AI leaves a lot to be desired.
the AI suck like changes i waiting for old AI u dont hve to ping him for help you , now coward AI and bad ...