Comic no.3(spoilers)

General Discussion
So.....now the Lady of Thorns is canonically dead, her kids are canonically dead, the dragon knight was canonically corrupted and killed, and the Raven Lord successfully conquered her realm.....canonically......

I guess Orphea is still a thing, so that's cool, I guess.

What I'm genuinely curious about is are they going to show the outcome of this in-game after the event ends? I mean, the title 'Fall of Kings Crest" wasn't very subtle in telling us that Kings Crest was going to lose this fight.
HotS isnt canon
Well, she was turned to stone. She could easily come back from that.
09/24/2018 03:30 PMPosted by phaseshifter
Well, she was turned to stone. She could easily come back from that.

the dragon knight, after all, is a stone statue being being de-stoned
I'd be excited to see visually reformed maps to reflect the stories. For example, instead of calling upon the dragon knight, we call the queen instead.
Really disliked this comic.

The majority of it is simply action-based rather than true character development. And what character development we do get boils down to:

Raven Lord: "I'm evil!"

Raena: "I'm not evil!"

Raena's children: "Daddy issues...wait, we're useless."

Orphea: "I'm now a coward despite being a badass in the previous comic."

Lore: "Well, King's Crest has fallen, so so much for the whole "take out the Raven Lord's generals" thing in the event.

IMO, it's Orphea that suffers the most. I get that not everyone is going to be brave all the time, but it feels like a 180 from her last appearance. She's the one that's obstensibly given a character arc by the comic's end, but the comic doesn't focus on her.
09/24/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Hawki
The majority of it is simply action-based rather than true character development.

It set the stage for Orphea's character development at the end. For such a short comic, it did its job well enough.

I'm sure it would have done more justice to the characters if it was full length.
I don't like to say this, but the comic maintains the issue I had since the first one: "I don't care what happens to these people."

We have no reason to care about any of the characters presented in the lore/comics, Realm Lord or otherwise. We have no reason to care about any of the events that take place, especially not when the comic basically undermines the Fall of King's Crest event that begins tomorrow by having the outcome already decided.

Again, I have to ask why we needed lore to begin with; they're not even doing anything interesting.
09/24/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Deshara
HotS isnt canon
Are you dumb?
09/24/2018 03:59 PMPosted by MrE
The majority of it is simply action-based rather than true character development.

It set the stage for Orphea's character development at the end. For such a short comic, it did its job well enough.

I'm sure it would have done more justice to the characters if it was full length.
Basically this. These comic's are what I see to be the prologue. It's setting the stage.
For what's next idk. But I have good guess it starts sweeping the Starcraft or Diablo relams. Braxis maybe or inferno shrines.
09/24/2018 04:11 PMPosted by FeralChaos
I don't like to say this, but the comic maintains the issue I had since the first one: "I don't care what happens to these people."

[/quote]

This.

A main mistake that I see here, is that they tried to jump into the "serious" plot without really giving us any development and baseline for us to see the characters.

Imagine if they started the comics at least last year, or 2 years ago. The death of the the royalty could have been shocking as hell, but since we haven't got any real touch with them, the reaction we get is "Oh, they got killed." nothing more, nothing less.
The raven lord could have been even a greater villian than what he is right now, seeing his total build up to why he is setting this campaign to conquer the nexus.

Another thing... maybe having MORE interactions of the big cast we have? Come on... you have a lot of characters that we already care about, and we saw little to nothing about them. If you guys mess up with them, then you are good as gone with the comic.

Im really wanting the comics to pick up and be great, but so far, the start is really meh.
09/24/2018 04:11 PMPosted by FeralChaos

We have no reason to care about any of the characters presented in the lore/comics, Realm Lord or otherwise. We have no reason to care about any of the events that take place, especially not when the comic basically undermines the Fall of King's Crest event that begins tomorrow by having the outcome already decided.

Again, I have to ask why we needed lore to begin with; they're not even doing anything interesting.

Yeah, there's no investment in these characters. The Raven Lord was just a voice in the background of games (a voice I haven't heard in forever anyways since I swapped to my Falstad announcer). These comics in general are a strange idea- trying to build lore for crossover series? If you want to do that, you need to put more emphasis on the characters from different interacting with each other first, then the scenario around them second.
09/24/2018 03:27 PMPosted by TheWarchief
So.....now the Lady of Thorns is canonically dead
No she was turned to stone. In a world where heroes get resurrected all the time...
her kids are canonically dead
Are they? They were badly beaten up and crushed a bit but not stabbed, cut in half or exploded. Again this is in a world where stuff dies all the time to be resurrected.
the dragon knight was canonically corrupted and killed
The same dragon knight that dies on a regular basis and is restored on a regular basis, multiple times per battle for her pleasure...
and the Raven Lord successfully conquered her realm.....canonically......
And Alterak pass, and Towers of Doom (? it never said he won that... Or that the Grave Keeper lost Haunted Mines...).
I guess Orphea is still a thing, so that's cool, I guess.
Considering she is somewhat related to the Raven Lord...
IMO, it's Orphea that suffers the most. I get that not everyone is going to be brave all the time, but it feels like a 180 from her last appearance. She's the one that's obstensibly given a character arc by the comic's end, but the comic doesn't focus on her.
That is because she does not particularly like to fight the Raven lord as she is related in some way. In the first comic it is suggested that the Raven Lord should wait for her return. That means that she departed the Raven Lord's castle/whatever to do something with the intention to eventually come back. Her costume theme is also similar to the Raven Lords, minus the Raven parts.

It was one thing her trashing some of his spectral knights. It is another her deciding to out right attack him and stand in his way. He might lock her in a tower and throw away the key for being a naughty kid!
Alarak should have known better than to solo a PvE boss. Who does he think he is, Amateur Opponent Artanis?
Really disliked this comic.

The majority of it is simply action-based rather than true character development. And what character development we do get boils down to:

Raven Lord: "I'm evil!"

Raena: "I'm not evil!"

Raena's children: "Daddy issues...wait, we're useless."

Orphea: "I'm now a coward despite being a badass in the previous comic."

Lore: "Well, King's Crest has fallen, so so much for the whole "take out the Raven Lord's generals" thing in the event.

you could describe literally any story like this and make it sound bad lol.
All i want to say is that I really liked that ginger guy. Sad he only lasted 2 pages tho

So.....now the Lady of Thorns is canonically dead
No she was turned to stone. In a world where heroes get resurrected all the time...

I was thinking, what if the Nexus Gem is the one that can make people come back from the dead? Now that the gem is... i dunno corrupted? Maybe they can't come back to life. Oh my god that would be terrible for the children.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJG5z-iAq4tIEJQxYP9AX0F3DRGVL8EVLJcbCiwMQJF3vcsqs4gQ
Also worth pointing out that the actual battle for Kings Crest had nothing to do with the outcome. It is completely possible that she won the battle and defeated all his champions, but then lost because of the objective... I mean her children making a mistake. This would make the outcome of the event cannon, despite her ultimately losing.

To be honest she needs to choose higher MMR players... Raynor was face tanking Zarya for crying out loud. He out ranges her by about 3 times, deals considerably more damage on average and even out speeds her so all she can do is toss grenades at him, which will deal no damage as long as he avoids hitting her shields too much.

Also no Genji or Mephisto? Man the Lady of Thorns team sucks at comp...
"Hi, I'm a badass super cool daughter!"
"Hello, I'm a goofy, clumsy brother!"

"We're dead now."

Great story.

Anyone notice the two Alexstrasza's fighting to the death? Every skin is a separate individual in this canon.