Is tyrande overrated?

General Discussion
I know she supposedly have a highwinrate, but I don't feel it or see it in my games. All you have to do is jump on her and she sucks unless she has good peel.

Maybe because I play melee heroes mostly and know how to challenge her. Like last game I played arthas. If I sit on her, she's useless outside her teams ability to blow me up.
Isn't that the case with almost all supports? Most of them die if you can dive them. That's why they're supposed to have positioning and a team to protect them.
09/24/2018 04:11 PMPosted by happyscrub
If I sit on her, she's useless outside her teams ability to blow me up.
*Imagines sitting on Tyrande*
Isn't that the case with almost all supports? .

No.

1. Uther is tanky as hell and have ults he can retaliate with.
2. You can dive lili, but if you can't hard CC her, she's very hard to kill...especially if healing ult.
3. Dekard is tanky with AoE CC to help him escape or trap a bunch of people diving him.
4. Malfurian can Retaliate with silence.
5. BW has instance CC movement speed, and spell armor.

Ana and medic are the only supports worst off than tyranded if they get jumped on.
09/24/2018 05:16 PMPosted by happyscrub
Isn't that the case with almost all supports? .

No.

1. Uther is tanky as hell and have ults he can retaliate with.
2. You can dive lili, but if you can't hard CC her, she's very hard to kill...especially if healing ult.
3. Dekard is tanky with AoE CC to help him escape or trap a bunch of people diving him.
4. Malfurian can Retaliate with silence.
5. BW has instance CC movement speed, and spell armor.

Ana and medic are the only supports worst off than tyranded if they get jumped on.

Before she used to be able to deal tons of damage so anyone daring to get near her would lose a huge chonk of HP so enemies had to think twice about staying in a fight against her. Now besides her E there's nothing preventing anyone to kill her.
I know she supposedly have a highwinrate, but I don't feel it or see it in my games. All you have to do is jump on her and she sucks unless she has good peel.

Maybe because I play melee heroes mostly and know how to challenge her. Like last game I played arthas. If I sit on her, she's useless outside her teams ability to blow me up.

I'd like to think most tanks can 1v1 most healers ? not sure I see your point.
09/24/2018 06:46 PMPosted by MrFizzbin761

I'd like to think most tanks can 1v1 most healers ? not sure I see your point.

You didn't see the point because you missed it. Never mentioned anything about 1 vs 1.
09/24/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Nightlighter
Before she used to be able to deal tons of damage so anyone daring to get near her would lose a huge chonk of HP so enemies had to think twice about staying in a fight against her. Now besides her E there's nothing preventing anyone to kill her.

I miss old Li Li :(. New Li Li may heal a lot due to ult benefits, but killing potential went worst than mud. However Serpent Dragon ult is a good executioner on enemies with low hp thinking they could escape certain death.
garbage players dont get value out of her.

what you need:

- excellent positioning
- excellent stutterstepping
- decent anticipation

only then will you get a lot of value out of tyrande, simply because you know when you can use your aa safely to get that cooldown reduction. a garbage tyrande that stays in a backliner position all game and sometimes spams a random owl or lunar flare, will get zero value.

on the other hand, you CAN play a lot of other supports like this. rehgar for example or the medic. they do have some playmaking abilities, but if you just stay in the backline and do nothing but healing, you wont be as terrible as tyrande.

summary: dont pick tyrande if you are a garbage 2000 mmr gold league monkey who has no idea what the fug he is doing.
I would say starfall is a very deadly, team-wiping ultimate when comboed with other powerful AoE ultimates/spells. I don't think shes very good solely as a support at all, shes really good at adding that extra "hmph" to the team fight and some extra heals here and there.
Tyrande is very powerful if your team is able to chain abilities. Also the infight healing and level 1 cleanse is very powerful.

She is also able to survive long (or even win!) 1vs1 vs. melee heroes if the player can stutterstep and self-heal via quickquast.
Tyrande was underrated pre her rework. I had a win rate over 60% and could carry many teams to success. You required a lot of skill for this, but she was one of the strongest heroes in the game.

Nowadays, she is super overrated, people expect you to heal like LiLi or Rhegar, if you can´t due her weakness, they die and complain. I believe she was never in a worse state than now.

If the enemy team is smart, they jump you or attack multiple targets, so that you are a sitting duck, either suiciding into AA to lower the CD or you stand back and let the divers die.

Together with Chromie, a rework that wan´t needed and ruined a very viable hero.
09/26/2018 01:26 AMPosted by Espinosa
Tyrande was underrated pre her rework. I had a win rate over 60% and could carry many teams to success. You required a lot of skill for this, but she was one of the strongest heroes in the game.

Nowadays, she is super overrated, people expect you to heal like LiLi or Rhegar, if you can´t due her weakness, they die and complain. I believe she was never in a worse state than now.

can you wood league monkeys please stop talking about balance? it hurts my brain.
Try her with the new Kerrigan, then come back ^^