What honestly happened with GoT, so we arent confused

General Discussion
They give us those "did you have fun" surveys after each game. or "how fair was last match"

Lets be honest, GoT probably got the worst ratings out of every map and that is what spurred them to change it.

I don't think they up and just gouged it out of the blue.

Sure there is a lot of reactionary support for the map NOW, but when you were voting and didnt know what the results of that sad face was, well now its more apparent.
blackhearts bay is 5000000 times worse than garden of terror ever was.

just sayin.....
09/14/2018 06:36 AMPosted by PHOENIXFIRE
blackhearts bay is 5000000 times worse than garden of terror ever was.

just sayin.....

it could be in your opinions. mine too.

but they collect data for this exact reason.
09/14/2018 06:32 AMPosted by LordShoe
Sure there is a lot of reactionary support for the map NOW, but when you were voting and didnt know what the results of that sad face was, well now its more apparent.

Don't confuse hate of the rework with support for the current map.

The old Garden was a mess that needed fixing. The problem is that this rework didn't actually fix any issues, it just burnt down everything and built a completely different map on the ashes. People wanted a more enjoyable version of the old map, not an entirely new map instead of the old one.
09/14/2018 07:55 AMPosted by GeorgeV
Don't confuse hate of the rework with support for the current map

they go hand in hand. the "hate" is generated from "homogenization" of the game. I see little to no changes they could make that wouldnt stir these same complaints.
People wanted a more enjoyable version of the old map, not an entirely new map instead of the old one.

did they though?
if that map was so deep in the red in terms of popularity it probably warranted changing it entirely.
i mean really. THINK about it.
youre like "I really really hate peanuts in my salad" and the chef is like "okay how about i just put less peanuts in your salad." doesnt change that you're going to hate every peanut you run in to. then these forums are like "UGH. I KNOW WE SAID WE HATED PEANUTS. BUT WHY'D YOU HAVE TO GO AND REMOVE ALL OF THE PEANUTS!?"

it really confuses me.
People wanted a more enjoyable version of the old map, not an entirely new map instead of the old one.

did they though?
if that map was so deep in the red in terms of popularity it probably warranted changing it entirely.
i mean really. THINK about it.
youre like "I really really hate peanuts in my salad" and the chef is like "okay how about i just put less peanuts in your salad." doesnt change that you're going to hate every peanut you run in to. then these forums are like "UGH. I KNOW WE SAID WE HATED PEANUTS. BUT WHY'D YOU HAVE TO GO AND REMOVE ALL OF THE PEANUTS!?"

it really confuses me.

The thing is, this rework goes way beyond removing the peanuts. The situation here is more 'I don't like peanuts in my salad', followed by the chef replacing the salad entirely and serving a decent (peanut-free) soup instead.

It solves the peanut issue, but it's still a bummer if you just wanted a salad with less peanuts.
09/14/2018 08:15 AMPosted by GeorgeV
The thing is, this rework goes way beyond removing the peanuts. The situation here is more 'I don't like peanuts in my salad', followed by the chef replacing the salad entirely and serving (peanut-free) soup instead.

is it? because every map at its base is just the lettuce. What made this salad unique was a combination of peanuts, mandarin oranges, and that gross dressing they put on it.

So what did they do? they removed the peanuts because everyone hated peanuts, and switched them for some cheese topping. then went light on that gross dressing because people kinda like it, but not too much of it. and they kept the mandarin oranges.

and the complaints here on the forums are like what youre saying "they switched the salad for soup." when in reality they just reduced the factors that people hated and they switched them for factors of other salads that people like.
If it was about people get tired of chasing terror around, they could have just removed its E ability and set its speed to be the same as Dragonknight's. No need to go this far and destroy the map.
Did you know that those surveys are nearly as valuable as facebook likes?

They aren't recorded, there are no statistics on who voted, how many voted. And even if there were stats, Blizzard doesn't care about that.

But let's say everything is recorded and Blizzard listens to that, why?
Will they change a map if a single emoticon has been pressed for a specific amount of times? That would be the most stupid way of fixing or changing anything, ever.
09/14/2018 08:37 AMPosted by Oaschgsicht
They aren't recorded, there are no statistics on who voted, how many voted. And even if there were stats, Blizzard doesn't care about that.

i /really/ would like to see your proof on this.
Will they change a map if a single emoticon has been pressed for a specific amount of times? That would be the most stupid way of fixing or changing anything, ever.

"yeah i know they take surveys from thousands and thousands of people and could have a huge database of all the feedback. but who would be stupid enough to listen to feedback from the players?"
It was one of the worst map since the rework years ago in my opinion. Not sure about the ''new'' concept but I think it could hardly be worst.
I'm not really a fan of the old GoT, but I felt like they really missed the opportunity to keep it unique... which is unfortunate but with that said though, cursed hollow is one of my favorites so personally I like the new GoT concept anyways but I do understand the disappointment of the community.
09/14/2018 09:14 AMPosted by DollyLox
ut I do understand the disappointment of the community.

its called "outrage culture"
What's funny is, GoT was in a great spot just before they added unstoppable to the terror, and gave bonus damage to the buildings. The mechanics were that the pot shut down but didn't damage buildings, killed minions and did nothing to the core. Then Blizzard changed vehicles to be unstoppable and a great deal of the counter play was removed. Thing is if we went back to that design it would be Blizzard admitting fault, Blizzard can not ever admit making a mistake.
09/14/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Werbs713
What's funny is, GoT was in a great spot just before they added unstoppable to the terror, and gave bonus damage to the buildings. The mechanics were that the pot shut down but didn't damage buildings, killed minions and did nothing to the core. Then Blizzard changed vehicles to be unstoppable and a great deal of the counter play was removed. Thing is if we went back to that design it would be Blizzard admitting fault, Blizzard can not ever admit making a mistake.

This ^.
Blizz screwed up A LOT in this game, but they never admit to be wrong and never revert bad changes, they keep them for a year (or more) and than change again. See Tyrande: Góes from support, to assassin with heals, to support again.
Can we not have GoT as abbreviation for Garden of Terror?
I always think you mean Game of Thrones.
Blackhearts is an excellent map compared to the tedious snoozefest that is GoT. The map was too confusing with two big bosses for new players which split some uncoordinated team. Should have been one boss to pull a more focused teamfighting event.
09/14/2018 08:52 AMPosted by LordShoe

i /really/ would like to see your proof on this.

"yeah i know they take surveys from thousands and thousands of people and could have a huge database of all the feedback. but who would be stupid enough to listen to feedback from the players?"

"Feedback" from clicking some random smileys < actual feedback from community forum with different discussion and possible changes
Those salad analogies were top chef.

Anyway I'm glad it's getting changed as I wasn't a fan of GoT, I was just hoping the rework would be a bit more "unique" than how it looks now, but I haven't played it yet so who knows.

I will say that 3 golems pushing down a lane that can disable the towers seems a bit strong.