I just got forced to lose as well

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 10 Next
09/21/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Rationail
Talking !@#$ to me about why I'm still gold while you're plat 5. I'm tempted to think you're on something bro.

lmao. this is all you get from that?

just wait to post until you finish the thought, man, I had no idea you were going to say something else before I responded.

09/21/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Rationail
@Ekata, sounds like you've experienced the same streaks and forced losses. You powered through them, but you're still in the rank range where they happen, scraping the bottom of the barrel for teammates for you to carry to keep you in the rank range.

Are you saying people in Gold shouldn't, in some way, be bad at the game? More importantly, do you refuse to acknowledge that you could climb if you played even better than you played now? That's just "climbing," it sucks for everyone in this league because a lot of people are bad. So if you wanna get out, you have to play a lot better than your peers sometimes, and you have to draft around how much responsibility you think your team can handle (part of the reason Sonya is good, or Blaze, or Greymane, or Gazlowe lmao I'm not kidding) and the great thing about that is, if you make it out of gold, you've got a great shot at making it to Diamond because of what kinds of things you learn to make it easier to climb out of gold. (things you can do with waves, camps, in teamfights, in matchups, splitting, shotcalling etc)

There's tons of information out there on how to climb already. Play heroes you're good at who are good at punishing the mistakes you're seeing (and the ones you're finding you're able to punish). Squishies standing in front? Play someone to blow them up. Nobody soaks? Doublesoak. Don't respond to lane pressure? Team fed before lategame objective? Splitpush their bot keep with high waveclear/siege damage.

It's stuff you probably already know, you just aren't putting it into practice. You have to actually try to win games in Gold, even if you think you're tough !@#$. I think I'm tough !@#$ because of some stats and experiences I've had and stuff and I still have to try, in Gold. I'm trying my big heart out with Deckard Cain with an 85% winrate. And many of the games are hard, even with Cain. They're nailbiters. I just keep winning, though. So don't expect it to be easy. HotSlogs says I'm supposed to be a master in HL with 2888 MMR on my smurf account. Presently, ingame it is Plat 5. Is the Master ranking true? No, probably not lol. I plan on trying to get to master next season, though, because I think I can do it and I want to play at that level. And I'm not going to get held back by anything in the system because I'm going to leave all those players who are "low enough to be part of the system designed to hold players back" in the dust as I sail towards Master league. And you can, too, if you just embraced your own capacity to carry games no matter what. Mike Udall had like, what, a 70% winrate last season? At the literally top of the MMR in the NA region, 70% winrate. Dude was shotcalling literally every game on stream. Yeah he's a pro player but he's not without his memes
09/20/2018 07:16 PMPosted by Maximus
Also, @Karabars, you might not want to check Mephisto's winrates or the the winrate of Consume Souls on HotsLogs. I know you don't like seeing statistics that prove you wrong, so I just thought I'd give you a heads up so you could avoid it.
@Maximus, thanks for coming in to say "hi".
I checked them. And what I saw is that Mephisto is a strong Hero (again, I said multiple times his W build is op and needs nerfs and they nerfed it (and they buffed his other builds)).
And I said that Durance of Hate was so bad that nobody picked it (they buffed it in a lot of ways (quicker, more spammable with less delay and more dmg)), making CS a highly picked, high wr Heroic. But not clearly because Consume Souls is that good, but because there wasn't an option. The statistics got screwed up thanks to DoH be an inconsistant "trash".
So yea, I see the statistics but not just the statistics. I check other things and I try to see the whole picture.
And funny that you say I'm the one who don't like statistics which prove me wrong when you are the one who ignores every data which HGC can provide especially if it's against you're perception of reality.
Guys, I'm sorry. I slept so hard I didn't see such posts and so many rage here.
What the **** is going on here?
@Ekata

No dude you missed everything in the thread somehow. Win 6 games and you start facing diamond 1s and 2-5 while your teammates bottom to gold 4/5.
09/21/2018 03:17 AMPosted by Ekata
09/21/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Rationail
Talking !@#$ to me about why I'm still gold while you're plat 5. I'm tempted to think you're on something bro.

lmao. this is all you get from that?

just wait to post until you finish the thought, man, I had no idea you were going to say something else before I responded.

09/21/2018 03:16 AMPosted by Rationail
@Ekata, sounds like you've experienced the same streaks and forced losses. You powered through them, but you're still in the rank range where they happen, scraping the bottom of the barrel for teammates for you to carry to keep you in the rank range.

Are you saying people in Gold shouldn't, in some way, be bad at the game? More importantly, do you refuse to acknowledge that you could climb if you played even better than you played now? That's just "climbing," it sucks for everyone in this league because a lot of people are bad. So if you wanna get out, you have to play a lot better than your peers sometimes, and you have to draft around how much responsibility you think your team can handle (part of the reason Sonya is good, or Blaze, or Greymane, or Gazlowe lmao I'm not kidding) and the great thing about that is, if you make it out of gold, you've got a great shot at making it to Diamond because of what kinds of things you learn to make it easier to climb out of gold. (things you can do with waves, camps, in teamfights, in matchups, splitting, shotcalling etc)

There's tons of information out there on how to climb already. Play heroes you're good at who are good at punishing the mistakes you're seeing (and the ones you're finding you're able to punish). Squishies standing in front? Play someone to blow them up. Nobody soaks? Doublesoak. Don't respond to lane pressure? Team fed before lategame objective? Splitpush their bot keep with high waveclear/siege damage.

It's stuff you probably already know, you just aren't putting it into practice. You have to actually try to win games in Gold, even if you think you're tough !@#$. I think I'm tough !@#$ because of some stats and experiences I've had and stuff and I still have to try, in Gold. I'm trying my big heart out with Deckard Cain with an 85% winrate. And many of the games are hard, even with Cain. They're nailbiters. I just keep winning, though. So don't expect it to be easy. HotSlogs says I'm supposed to be a master in HL with 2888 MMR on my smurf account. Presently, ingame it is Plat 5. Is the Master ranking true? No, probably not lol. I plan on trying to get to master next season, though, because I think I can do it and I want to play at that level. And I'm not going to get held back by anything in the system because I'm going to leave all those players who are "low enough to be part of the system designed to hold players back" in the dust as I sail towards Master league. And you can, too, if you just embraced your own capacity to carry games no matter what. Mike Udall had like, what, a 70% winrate last season? At the literally top of the MMR in the NA region, 70% winrate. Dude was shotcalling literally every game on stream. Yeah he's a pro player but he's not without his memes

You're saying I'm gold because I can't micromanage my team to stop the medic from laning near enemy keep to support murky? Why do I need to micromanage my team like they're AI so they're equal skill?
@Karabars. "He's not OP because one of his heroics wasn't picked a lot which screwed up the statistics." His global damage ult with lvl 20 reset on kills was picked a lot because his other ult was bad. Okay. Therefore his global damage, unavoidable without Protected, ult, with lvl 20 resets on kill wasn't overpowered because people didn't pick the other heroic and the stats were screwed up because of that. Epic Grand Delusion.
@Karabars.

"Look at me, I'm using statistics, Dad." * Builds a fort out of unsolved rubiks cubes *
09/21/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Rationail
"He's not OP because one of his heroics wasn't picked a lot which screwed up the statistics."
Looks like you failed to understand my point. He was/is op and since only one ult was used, that ult (which obviously is unfun in QM where you don't have supports a lot of times) looks op as well even if it's not. But since his W ability and build got nerfed, and DoH got buffed, we can see a better picture soon.
09/21/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Karabars
09/21/2018 04:36 AMPosted by Rationail
"He's not OP because one of his heroics wasn't picked a lot which screwed up the statistics."
Looks like you failed to understand my point. He was/is op and since only one ult was used, that ult (which obviously is unfun in QM where you don't have supports a lot of times) looks op as well even if it's not. But since his W ability and build got nerfed, and DoH got buffed, we can see a better picture soon.

This is the same excuse with just different ability names and talent names for every OP hero release and rework.
09/21/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Rationail
This is the same excuse with just different ability names and talent names for every OP hero release and rework.
Yeah, just because a Hero is op that doesn't mean everything is op about them. The statement "Mephisto is too strong" was correct, the cause for why he's strong was wrong.
09/20/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Gonchin
But here is the absolute kicker - Blizzard's data is wrong too. It will be closer to the actual figure, but it will also have incorrect data. Your MMR will be wrong.

This is impossible. Blizzard has all the data. It is gathered directly from the game sending its results to Blizzard. There's no possible way for the data to be wrong. Blizzard's formula is the thing that determines your MMR.

They may have a lousy formula, but it is impossible for Blizzard's MMR to differ from the one the matchmaker is using to set up matches.

Blizzard has not revealed the data, it is true. But that has no bearing on whether the data they have is more accurate than the data hotslogs has. As long as Blizzard has all the games and hotslogs does not, Blizzard doesn't need to present their data to say that hotslogs is inaccurate.
Another winstreak. Had to heal a genji so he didn't die from standing still to attack catapults. Was 11 to 6 in levels at one point. Genji had a 46% lifetime winrate. Highest hero lvl Nova. 2 other heroes were really terrible like a Valla that was at 4% HP and went back in in front of everybody against 5 guns blazing. Nazeebo on my team was like "how does this happen?" I said I was on a winstreak so that might have something to do with it. He said he's been winning a lot in recent few games too. Bye Karabars.
09/21/2018 06:03 AMPosted by Karabars
09/21/2018 05:57 AMPosted by Rationail
Yeah, just because a Hero is op that doesn't mean everything is op about them. The statement "Mephisto is too strong" was correct, the cause for why he's strong was wrong.

THE POINT IS THAT HE'S STRONG

BYE KARABARS
The Butcher on my team was also 46% winrate. The Valla on my team was 29% winrate across 24 games. Nazeebo was at 64% winrate. I'm at 58%.
Enemy team 55, 55, 53, 47, 46. Enemy team had way more games played.
09/21/2018 06:27 AMPosted by Rationail
Nazeebo on my team was like "how does this happen?" I said I was on a winstreak so that might have something to do with it. He said he's been winning a lot in recent few games too. Bye Karabars.
Omg, you're saying that is possible that in a team there are two ppl with winstreaks at the same time who are losing together? :O Everything I said, thought and believe is disproven by this one sample which obviously couldn't happen by random chance spiced with a little confirmation bias :O
09/21/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Rationail
THE POINT IS THAT HE'S STRONG

BYE KARABARS
What's your point here? If a Hero is strong we should nerf everything about him regardless of it's op or not? Or that if a Hero has strong aspects we can cry op on everything regarding that Hero even if the subject of crying isn't op?
09/21/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Rationail
The Butcher on my team was also 46% winrate. The Valla on my team was 29% winrate across 24 games. Nazeebo was at 64% winrate. I'm at 58%.
09/21/2018 06:33 AMPosted by Rationail
Enemy team 55, 55, 53, 47, 46. Enemy team had way more games played.
Your point? Ppl has different winrates with different Heroes and games played =/= skill or higher mmr. I don't say the system is perfect but the problem isn't that it's too good at manipulating games with random humans... Even the 29% wr Valla is a highly uncertain factor to use it as "forced loss".
Hey OP, how were your matches today?
09/21/2018 07:26 AMPosted by matchmaking

Probably did not get to play much because he is quite busy replying to a troll.
Sounds to me like OP got outplayed. if he was good at video games he'd have overcome the challenge.
09/21/2018 07:26 AMPosted by matchmaking
It's 4:42 pm here and I usually play at night. But I finished the brawls and 2:1 win/lose. Which is my usual win-lose ratio in Brawls.
My prediction is that my games will be some wins and a few lose like usual. I doubt that after 5000+ games something will change all of a sudden and I never experienced this "Force" which ruins smart ppl's games before.