Lore fight! Illidan vs Kerrigan (close)

General Discussion
Illidan could not even beat Arthas when Arthas was just a Death Knight.
Artanis alone would kill Illidan both lore wise and ingame
Just do a lili vs morales fight
Kerrigan destroys Illidan instantly because she can one shot Battlecrusiers the size of towns. Oh wait Illidan is not mechanical so can only be Razor Swarmed...

Kerrigan wins purely because even without her over powered one shot kill Battlecrusiers with 6-8 second CD skill she still is capable of obliterating armies effortlessly. She would just impale Illidan like she did to Megsk and explode him. You must remember Illidan is some poor blind guy living in a medieval fantasy world after being unjustly imprisoned for 10,000 years due to a flawed justice system (here in the UK he would get about 6 months only). This battle is completely unfair.
09/20/2018 09:43 AMPosted by phaseshifter
Plus, Kerrigan can fly. She can just stay in the air and throw psi attacks at him.

I think that's the one thing Illidan can match, his Demon Form also has wings after all.

But yeah, Kerrigan shreds him in a billion other ways.

Matchups like this only really work if you take characters from the same power class.
I dont know what you expected out of this fight, you put XEL’NAGA Kerrigan(a literal space godess) against Illidan.
09/20/2018 03:03 PMPosted by TheWarchief
I dont know what you expected out of this fight, you put XEL’NAGA Kerrigan(a literal space godess) against Illidan.
meh doesnt illidan try to fight sargeras alone? kinda the same
09/20/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Fork
09/20/2018 03:03 PMPosted by TheWarchief
meh doesnt illidan try to fight sargeras alone?
No
09/20/2018 03:32 PMPosted by TheWarchief
09/20/2018 03:08 PMPosted by Fork
...meh doesnt illidan try to fight sargeras alone?
No

If he did, he wouldn’t still be around. Plus ‘try’ and ‘succeeded’ are very different. I can try to fight a polar bear hand to hand, but all that would accomplish is a confused and well fed bear.

IIRC Sagaras never actually fights in WC, not against mortals anyway. The most he does is send an avatar to intentionally lose to Medivh’s mother for possession shenanigans.
09/20/2018 05:17 PMPosted by Dagordae
<span class="truncated">...</span> No

If he did, he wouldn’t still be around. Plus ‘try’ and ‘succeeded’ are very different. I can try to fight a polar bear hand to hand, but all that would accomplish is a confused and well fed bear.

IIRC Sagaras never actually fights in WC, not against mortals anyway. The most he does is send an avatar to intentionally lose to Medivh’s mother for possession shenanigans.
This is correct. In fact, he hadn't even gotten to Azeroth itself until the end of the Legion expansion because (IIRC) of how far he had to travel to get there. When he arrives, he only manages to jam his sword into the planet before being imprisoned at the Seat of the Pantheon by the other Titans. Granted, that did do a lot of damage to Azeroth.
09/20/2018 09:43 AMPosted by phaseshifter
09/20/2018 09:36 AMPosted by DeathStar
I love the answers so far we ve seen a little bit of love for illidan vut for now the great majority are going for the queen of blade. If illidan had prep and knowledge of his foe, do you guys think he would stand a better chance or would he still be completly overpowered by the Queen?

If Illidan was Batman maybe. But I doubt there's anything he can do to prepare for psychic powers. (And having a swarm summoned on top of him)

Plus, Kerrigan can fly. She can just stay in the air and throw psi attacks at him.

Hmm do you know that wow illi (not the !@#$ty hots version) has wings right?

He just loses against the xel'naga version. But i think he beats the primal kerrigan (the one being beating by some random hybrid). If he could oneshot the naaru prime (a god like being) with his eye blast, then he can do the same with kerrigan.

Also if you don't know warcraft lore, then you can't say that psionic powers > magic. what could do kerrigan against magic?
09/20/2018 10:35 PMPosted by rigel

Also if you don't know warcraft lore, then you can't say that psionic powers > magic. what could do kerrigan against magic?

Psionic powers are a jolly card when it comes to confrontation with other ones (as they are based on the mental strength of the user).
09/20/2018 10:36 AMPosted by Paidkilla
Illidan could not even beat Arthas when Arthas was just a Death Knight.

That was old Illidan though. He is much stronger than that now. Plus, he was technically defeated by Frostmourne, not Arthas.