Raven Lord confirmed next hero

General Discussion
what the ppl think about a "original hero" being added to the game means for the future?
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1041371618692362240
First of all, Raven Lord is NOT confirmed as next hero. That was click bait.

Secondly, unpopular opinion here, but I welcome HotS lore heroes and skins.
I'd love to see a Sky Temple guardian as a Hero. Probably a Tank
They'll never have a lord or a major map character as a playable hero. Think about it. If you still don't get why, think of it again.
Even if we ignore his status as a map announcer, this guy is just way too similar to medivh conceptually. They’re both middle aged super powerful but also mysterious wizards and each brings a dark force upon his world even though he isn’t necessarily evil and they both turn into the exact same kind of bird. He could easily be a medivh skin, but no way is he being an independent hero.
Three claw marks across another symbol? it's more jebait from Diablo.
If a hero can be made into an announcer, an announcer can be made into a hero.

All the concept art of the Ravenlord released recently really gives me the idea that he will be the hero announced at Blizzcon.
Still waiting for Grommah, Deathwing, Hogger, Reaper and so many others and people are talking about these stupid blizz fanfic heroes.
09/17/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Sehripaniel
Still waiting for Grommah, Deathwing, Hogger, Reaper and so many others and people are talking about these stupid blizz fanfic heroes.

By that logic every single hero requested or already in the game is a "stupid fanfic hero".
09/16/2018 10:12 PMPosted by GribbyGrubb
Three claw marks across another symbol? it's more jebait from Diablo.

Screams Deathwing with the next hero release.
/s
it's very likely Orphea,

they made the comic strips introducing her, in-which they wove her into the lore with the raven lord and lady of thorns (both have elements in this teaser)

she also casts purple magic. (which is shown in this teaser)

you'll also note that the teaser is on a bridge like the ones in dragonshire,
where the Orphea comic is set.

the purple R in the teaser is burnt onto the thorny rose symbol, in the comic the raven lord is invading the lady of thorns land (one of which is dragonshire)

plus Orphea also has an ingame portrait and dialogue.

if it isn't Orphea i'll be pretty darn surprised!

EDIT: the expected dislikes, because facts offend the toxic kiddos on this forum.
Most likely some more nexus lore/story things, like a comic.
These are the possibilities I can think of based on the teaser image:

1) Deffo a new comic which may/may not shed more light on the "curse" that befell on King's Crest aka Dragon Shire. (The kingdom is cursed to turn into stone like the DKnight.) Raven Lord himself already plans to take over the realm, and I dunno but I think Queen Nightshade (Garden of Terror realm lord) may join RLord's side for power either by force or by bargaining with him.

2) New Garden-themed brawl or just a new PvE brawl in general.

3) Possibility of new skins garden-themed.

4) GoT rework ofc lmao.

5) Queen Nightshade or Lady of Thorns announcer/s.
Raven Lord hero? No. He's an announcer on two maps.

Nexus hero? Sure. Eventually I guess. Orphea's the obvious choice right now if the Nexus itself gets representation.
I thought it was Varimathras
Team Rocket confirmed as new 2 player hero.
I also expect orphea, but with the hero reworks at the same time. I hope that is more acceptable to people. I love the idea of the raven lord as well, look forward to seeing what they do with it.
It's probably another comic + new event. They released a new event + skins with almost every hero rework so far.
You guys got it all wrong. The rose thing is for garden of terror. The raven thing is because garden of terror is now cursed hollow v2 with the trbutes objective. And the purple R stands for "rework". Thus garden of terror rework.