Did they really do this again, after all the initial outcry?

General Discussion
So, i came back to this game after months of hiatus. I really like the game and i just came back for this Halloween event to see how it goes. What is this title referring to? It's referring to the Unranked map rotation. Really? Did Blizzard really added Battleground rotation again, after initally removing it due to the outcry? Why is it back? What was the thought process behind this decision? When i saw the newest patch notes (after a few games) i said to myself "Huh, no wonder i haven't matched in Battlefield of Eternity or Tomb of the Spider Queen". Can someone please explain me what was the reason they did this, instead of adding a dropping window from which you can freely pick the maps you want to play on?
Because Blizzard has refused to listen to it's player base for the last 3 years.
09/29/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Werbs713
Because Blizzard has refused to listen to it's player base for the last 3 years.

You're kidding? They've been doing the exact opposite. They've been catering to the exact same people like you and it's killing the game. There's a reason why us old Alpha players think the game was at its peak back then. Blizzard was focusing on fun mechanics and trying new things rather than generalizing everything for you.

Yes, you.
Things have been a bit different because of the the following line of things:

1. Whenever a new map or heavily reworked map (like mines) comes out, they reduce the map pool to increase the amount of matches for those maps to collect data easier. After they collect that data, then they go back to full maps.

2. They released a new map months ago Alterac valley, so they limited the map pool to collect data on it.

3. When the point they got enough data for Alterac and should have gone to full maps, they released the heavily reworked hanamura map. So the limited map rotation started over again.

4. About the point where they go back to full maps after hanamura, they release the completely reworked garden of terror recently. This means we got limited pools yet again for data on the reworked map.

Due to this chain of events people may think they brought back map rotations, but it is just a string of limited maps due to data collection that just strung together. I pray that they take a brake from maps after garden data to clear up the confusion.

This is such a BS comment. They listen and implement A LOT of players suggestions. Maybe not in the timeframe you'd like but they do listen and fix things as quickly as they can.
Things are a have been a bit different because of the the following line of things:

1. Whenever a new map or heavily reworked map (like mines) comes out, they reduce the map pool to increase the amount of matches for those maps to collect data easier.

2. They released a new map months ago Alterac valley, so they limited the map pool to collect data on it.

3. When the point they got enough data for Alterac and should have gone to full maps, they released the heavily reworked hanamura map. So the limited map rotation started over again.

4. About the point where they go back to full maps after hanamura, they release the completely reworked garden of terror recently. This means we got limited pools yet again for data on the reworked map.

Due to this chain of events people may think they brought back map rotations, but it is just a string of limited maps due to data collection that just strung together. I pray that they take a brake from maps after garden data to clear up the confusion.
Good to know some people here still use their brains.
09/29/2018 06:18 AMPosted by KronKrian
So, i came back to this game after months of hiatus. I really like the game and i just came back for this Halloween event to see how it goes. What is this title referring to? It's referring to the Unranked map rotation. Really? Did Blizzard really added Battleground rotation again, after initally removing it due to the outcry? Why is it back? What was the thought process behind this decision?

Dude they've had map rotations in Ranked for about a year now. Not much of a hew and cry....
09/29/2018 06:55 AMPosted by Grimmig
Things are a have been a bit different because of the the following line of things:

1. Whenever a new map or heavily reworked map (like mines) comes out, they reduce the map pool to increase the amount of matches for those maps to collect data easier. After they collect that data, then they go back to full maps.

What you're saying is true, but I still think it's a really weird way Blizz decided to go about it.

What I mean is, if they want the new/reworked map to have a greater chance of appearing (in order to collect data faster), why didn't they just do that? why not just make it more likely to appear?.

It's not like maps are physical things that you have to pull out of a jar, or something. It should be entirely posible (and easy, even) to make a map appear more often while still allowing for any other map to be played if the new one wasn't selected.
09/29/2018 06:36 AMPosted by BlackBeard

You're kidding? They've been doing the exact opposite. They've been catering to the exact same people like you and it's killing the game. There's a reason why us old Alpha players think the game was at its peak back then. Blizzard was focusing on fun mechanics and trying new things rather than generalizing everything for you.

Yes, you.

Dont blame the players.
Seriously.
Blame the bait and switch corporation that doesn't test properly.
Blame the corporation that instead of testing, releases things, puts a price tag on it, and laughs while the community pays to test for them.

Yes, you.

Blame the bait and switch corporation.

Yea, blame those mean old corporations for forcing you to play a f2p game >:-[ and pay all that money to play on maps!

Blame the bait and switch corporation.

Yea, blame those mean old corporations for forcing you to play a f2p game >:-[ and pay all that money to play on maps!

lol you really think that they provide this service out of the kindness of their hearts?

Yes, you.

troll... you call yourself an alpha player...
09/29/2018 07:49 AMPosted by Hexagon

lol you really think that they provide this service out of the kindness of their hearts?

They provide it to make money. When have players paid for maps?

Yes, you.

Tell me, what has ruined the game that the community hasn't been against being added. There have been tons of requests for them to not add or change something.

I have opposed this automated report system since it prevented you from playing ranked. The system that is actively killing all forms of in game communication.

The 2 things I can think of that I have requested, outside of heroes, that have been implemented are voice chat and a draft mode with no rank. Requested might be the wrong word, more like I have backed both of those requests.
Limited Map Pool..... for a Garden of Terror rework no one asked for or enjoys