Lucio just sucks

General Discussion
He's garbage. Just played a match with healing track on almost the entire match, took all healing talents, stuck really close to my team, and still got outhealed by 20k against Kharazim.

What a joke.
09/30/2018 11:00 AMPosted by CrazyLegs
He's garbage. Just played a match with healing track on almost the entire match, took all healing talents, stuck really close to my team, and still got outhealed by 20k against Kharazim.

What a joke.

1. The best support in a given game isn't just the one that healed more. (Tip, don't try to heal a teamate trying to run away)

2. Lucio likes maps where his team is grouped. Any map where people tend to split, or very large maps will have him end up with a low healing output.

3. If you really don't like Lucio, just don't play the char. Other supports are probably more your style.

4. ALL Overwatch characters are OP, so Lucio must be OP. We're just missing something.

What a joke.
that's your problem right there. Lucio is balanced around preventing damage in the first place with the move speed and then healing the team up once they are safe. Keeping healing aura up to much and not using speed boost is a sign of an inexperienced lucio

What a joke.

You don't want to just set it to healing track and leave it there, you want to be switching tracks often, depending on what is going on. The speed boost can help your team juke skillshots more easily, engage hard in a team fight, or disengage when a fight goes sour, before you lose people. In addition, you need to think about the timing on Amp It Up to make sure you are getting the most effective use out of it, rather than using it when people are just taking poke damage.
Because you noob, too easy. Lucio is best AOE healer, and best anti busted damage.
09/30/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Fioren
and best anti busted damage.

Provided he doesn't get bursted down before he can drop the beat :D

Lucio's heals may be a bit slow before level 16, but he's great at allowing his team to engage and disengage.
Like... few days ago I had this game as him, where enemy team were trying to push at fairly low HP, but had 5 members, while 1 of my teammates was dead. But I used the speed boost with Amp it up, and my team got into them before they could react, and we got 5 kills with no casualties.
09/30/2018 11:04 AMPosted by phaseshifter
or very large maps will have him end up with a low healing output.

Actually large maps can be a benefit to him like Dragon Shire and Garden of Terror where he has plenty of good walls to ride on to get to his team faster as compared to every other support (excluding Bw) where you have to use a mount to get to your team. Those extra seconds you save as lucio could save a team member.

09/30/2018 11:04 AMPosted by phaseshifter
ALL Overwatch characters are OP, so Lucio must be OP. We're just missing something.

He is sleeper OP ;)

What a joke.

What healing talents. He got zero till 16.

When you pick 45% extra heal and second track your heal increases to 300% original heal.

Way more if you pick other ulti if enemy has no burst and you got tanky team.Outside of that 1 extra sec or 2 at 20 its total crap.I often just use it and dont even try to dive enemy. That 1 sec is all i pick this ulti for.

That makes your lvl 20 heal 400% of original heal.

And that is his main problem. He needs to get to 20 while your base still stands.Problem is with tower changes games end way more early. I mained him and checked my games. I got to 20 in only like 40%.I offten lose and win way before that.

BUT.If we get to 20 i usually just outright win. If its balanced till 20 after 20 we win. My team will win even if we just yolo in em.With barrier and THAT heal output you can heal thru any dmg outside of smash var.

Edit:Lol did not see he kept healing on all the time. Nothing to see here then. Just your bad supp who does not know how to use supp class correctly.Also you will never outheal anyone outside of uther before 20. A few games that lasted after 20 i closed the gap RLY fast.

Lucio can heal full team from 10% to like 50% for tanks and 90% for assassins with just one rot and speed makes retreat ez for you to do so.No heal,not even alex or ana can heal full team to max hp faster. Not even close.
Yeah, what others have said. Don’t underestimate mobility.

Also, why the Khara hate? If you want to put up huge heal numbers, Khara and Alex are the best. Though that shouldn’t be the end all of supporting.

What a joke.

I have to agree. I can't remember playing a match in recent history where Lucio was memorably effective. He always gets outdone by actual supports such as SC Medic.

Frankly, if it wasn't for his ability to chase and the fact that his damage isn't garbage he'd be totally worthless, imo. I've seen him get some great finisher kills.

Out of the entire pack of OW characters he and Zarya are the only ones that don't feel OP to me, it's actually the opposite for Lucio.
Well, coming from one that is currently the 37th :p highest lucio EU.

I agree he is undertuned, but beside the shield he is not a bursthealer.

What you do when someone is in trouble is go in, knock all the mean heroes bashing on him away and give him movespeed to run away. Dont even think about healing there cause you cant outheal multiple toons dps.

Beside that lucio is great for setting up kills. Speed turns all your team into tracers, and your job is to wallride in front of the target and bump them back in.

His winrate is very low atm though, so he could use some tweaks. More hp, slightly more healing and buff amp ulti to do more dmg and slow. It is not impactful atm.
If you rely on your experience to trash Lucio, I'll tell my own:

Very long game against an Azmodan in Infernal Shrines. The Azmodan completes the globe quest, picked the globe ult and the level 20 globe upgrade. If we happened to be clustered, each time he used the globe dealt more than 1/3 of most of our team members.

But we won. Why? Because we had Lucio and they had Uther (Uther is my favourite healer, by the way). Most healers couldn't have mitigated the effect of a AoE burst like that. But Lucio can.

I remember it very well because I almost played Uther in that game, but I picked Tassadar and the enemy team got Uther. By the end of the game, Uther did 45000 healing and Lucio did 150000.

Also every healer has his or her speciality. Lucio can heal all of his team mates when they are suffering sustained damage or a moderate burst. But if the enemy team have ways to focus and delete your partners one by one, there may be other healers better suited for that.
Because your team played safer, genius.

What a joke.

ive seen too many great lucio to take your comment seriously
,sorry lol

What a joke.

I'll tell you what's a joke, it's listening to angry players who complain about heroes but offer no insight like, "he's a bad hero because [I just lost one game with him]."
Please go on and tell us more. Or is your vocabulary to small to give more details on what changes need to be addressed so that example hero has a stronger impact?
09/30/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Arms32312

What a joke.

I'll tell you what's a joke, it's listening to angry players who complain about heroes but offer no insight like, "he's a bad hero because [I just lost one game with him]."
Please go on and tell us more. Or is your vocabulary to small to give more details on what changes need to be addressed so that example hero has a stronger impact?

You know what's a joke? Commenting about a subject you know nothing about, apparently. Lucio was nerfed into uselessness a long time ago, and many people have pointed it out. They stopped commenting, but he's still trash.
09/30/2018 03:36 PMPosted by CrazyLegs
<span class="truncated">...</span>

You know what's a joke? Commenting about a subject you know nothing about, apparently. Lucio was nerfed into uselessness a long time ago, and many people have pointed it out. They stopped commenting, but he's still trash.

And what makes you think I know nothing about lucio? That's a pretty huge assumption there. Is that the joke you are trying to convey?
09/30/2018 03:36 PMPosted by CrazyLegs

Yes he was nerfed a long time ago because he was one of, if not the best healers in the game. Mobility, aoe healing that did percent at 16, and the shield. That warranted a nerf to his healing track.

However, what you glossed over was the fact that, due to how abysmal his winrate dropped, after some time, Blizz buffed his healing track by a bit. So overall, they nerfed it by only a small bit compared to the original. After that his healing evened out and he became more popular again. However, he is not obnoxiously OP that people post about it. He is in the balanced zone, where heroes are loved, but not spoken of.
His 16 power spike is kind of late. After 16 he is good, but before, he is just ok.